GB Question

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
Just got my Fors CoRe today and have been playing around with it at the park. I can't get the 2 numbers to line up, I tried manual GB, if say my ground mineral is 66 I can't match it within 1 to 2 numbers as stated in the manual, Also when bobing the coil up and down and scroll the up-down button the tone doesn't change for pos or neg ground. What am I doing wrong? I'm use to the simplicity of whites machines.
I also read where Monte says he likes the machine because it remembers your settings, when I turn it off and back on I have to reset everything, was he tallking about switching modes without turning the machine off? probably..
Thanks all!

OP
OP
J

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just watched the CD which I should have done before posting. What through me off was I was using the + - button instead of the up/dn button but this brings up another question, in the video to silence the hum he was pushing the up and dn button and bringing the hum down, then he reached over and started poking the + - button but the + - changes in increments of 10, well he was doing a fine job with the up dn button so why did he go over and start poking the + - buttons?
Sorry if I sound like an idiot but I'm dying to know..Thx

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The + - buttons fine tune it is all. I always auto GB and when you hold the button and pump it do it two to three beeps worth. That ensures its balanced.
No it doesn't save your settings when you turn it off only when its on and you flip back and forth while still on.

OP
OP
J

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Page 30 in the manual tells you how to save your settings so when you turn the machine off and then on again you'll have your settings stored.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread