Ordered my Nokta Fors Core

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered it April 3rd from kellyco. Got it on April 10th on a Friday afternoon. Next morning I put it together. Went over the manual like four times. Turned it on ground balanced it n started practicing on a penny, nickel n quarter. It sounded nice n all but the display on the handle lit up but no digital numbers. Pressed depth button n still nothing. So I have to turn over the detector to see vid and all info needed to dig targets.tried like ten tmesputing it together tightening all connections tried different batteries. Nothing helps.

So on Monday after work I called my sales rep at kellyco. After, comming to conclusion he decided it was defective. He said he needed to send me some ticket to send it back. After 5 days I called again. He told me he sent it by email. I told him I never gave him an email adress. He said he is going to mail it so I can send it back. It's now April 23 I still have a defective detector in my garage.

Has anyone gone thru this? Any advise?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would suggest

1) Posting that same info in the KellyCo forum

2) If no decent response, call Nokta and discuss it directly with them.

My instinct is that Nokta will have you back detecting in short order,
and they will also take note of KellyCo's lack of proper attention to
the problem.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered it April 3rd from kellyco. Got it on April 10th on a Friday afternoon. Next morning I put it together. Went over the manual like four times. Turned it on ground balanced it n started practicing on a penny, nickel n quarter. It sounded nice n all but the display on the handle lit up but no digital numbers. Pressed depth button n still nothing. So I have to turn over the detector to see vid and all info needed to dig targets.tried like ten tmesputing it together tightening all connections tried different batteries. Nothing helps.

So on Monday after work I called my sales rep at kellyco. After, comming to conclusion he decided it was defective. He said he needed to send me some ticket to send it back. After 5 days I called again. He told me he sent it by email. I told him I never gave him an email adress. He said he is going to mail it so I can send it back. It's now April 23 I still have a defective detector in my garage.

Im notifying Kellyco management for you, you should hear from them shortly..

Gene@Kellyco

Dec 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mextallion, call the office and ask for me directly or you can email me with your number and I will call you, whatever works best for you. I will take care of it right away.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mextallion, call the office and ask for me directly or you can email me with your number and I will call you, whatever works best for you. I will take care of it right away.
Gene's email....
[email protected]

1-888-535-5926 Toll Free 1-407-699-8700

Last edited:

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for taking care of him, Gene. There is nothing more frustrating than dealing with ineffective customer service. Sounds like you need to have a discussion with a rep about going the extra mile for a customer.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Never had that problem and im glad you are being taken care of properly now.
I hope this in no way turns you against the machine and when you get your new one that you have an open mind. I believe you will be more than pleased with this great machine. Personally I've had my hands on a lot if machines and none have made me more happy in such a short period if time.
I've been able to go over areas I thought were used up and find relics and coins at 15-20" deep where I had just watched veteran detectorists walk over with lets not use names I will just say expensive machines.
Accurate,quick, balanced and quality are good words to use to describe this machine. I truly hope you have fun with your new machine. Any questions I or others will be more than glad to assist.

OP
OP
M

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm probably getting my replacement.

Thanks for taking care of him, Gene. There is nothing more frustrating than dealing with ineffective customer service. Sounds like you need to have a discussion with a rep about going the extra mile for a customer.

It's going to be about at least two more weeks to get a replacement. Nokta sent me an email offering to send me a new handle for it. Let's see how long it takes to get here. I'm waiting for Kellyco to send some kind of return ticket.

The worst part about this is that the day I put it together on Saturday and found out it didn't work; I got on the phone with Kellyco n the tech told me to wait until Monday after 3:00 pm to talk to my sales rep.

I'm looking at al least two more weeks to use the Nokta.

Thanks to everyone trying to help!!

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been able to go over areas I thought were used up and find relics and coins at 15-20" deep where I had just watched veteran detectorists walk over with lets not use names I will just say expensive machines.

Coins at 15-20" deep?? Were they a few Morgans welded together?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins at 15-20" deep?? Were they a few Morgans welded together?

Nope and it was coins and relics. Wheaties, dime and wick cutter at 15" and a stirrup at 20". So yep no welded coins just a machine that does some amazing stuff. Several YouTube videos showing what it can do may want to check them out

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope and it was coins and relics. Wheaties, dime and wick cutter at 15" and a stirrup at 20". So yep no welded coins just a machine that does some amazing stuff. Several YouTube videos showing what it can do may want to check them out

Oh, so there were multiple targets all together at that depth?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, so there were multiple targets all together at that depth?

No they were all separate holes, separate targets no where near each other. I actually have it on video but at 1:40am im not about to go to my laptop and post it here.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not see any detector getting a coin at 15 inches ..It could have kept falling deeper as you dug..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy I have dug coins with my modified excal that deep.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
TH .. Yes but that is with a large coil and on the beach ... Not inland ..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH .. Yes but that is with a large coil and on the beach ... Not inland ..
I have hunted inland in reverse discrimination with large coils too... I was amazed at the depths I get, then again I'm also hunting in Fl which is mostly sand so that may have something to do with it.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok to answer that remark about the target kept falling..umm NO im no buffoon. I pulled the target, which was still stuck in the ground not loose, out with my hands. I had someone with me who couldn't believe the depth I was going to. He helped me on one target which was 15" and as I wrote earlier I have it on video which puts credit to my claim. Also go check out YouTube channel outdoors with Joe...this guy set up tests in irony soil showing his Nokta hitting a dime at 10" then 15". There's also another video from the U.K. where they put the nokta up against a deus, ctx 3030 and couple others using a hammered silver thin as paper in a hole at 12" and the nokta was only one that picked I up.

I went out of my Garrett, fisher, whites, minelab comfort zone and bought the Nokta but not until I had reviewed video after video including the foreign ones that I couldn't understand making sure what I read about the detector was proven by people.
I don't sell the machine I just use it and so far it has done amazingly well. I've handed it over to other ppl to try it out and they are amazed at how it responds and it's abilities. I don't know what these ppl did that made it but they did a great job.
Now when I say I did something please don't say I didn't, its rude and comes off as being called a liar which im not. If you didn't mean to and im taking it wrong my apologies.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going to be about at least two more weeks to get a replacement. Nokta sent me an email offering to send me a new handle for it. Let's see how long it takes to get here.

Hello...can you please send an email to [email protected] mentioning your forum nickname so we check whether the replacement is sent or not? I know there is one going out today or tomorrow but as I cannot see your name, I want to verify that it is for you.

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
I watched that 15" dime vid on u tube, he did not say what his ground min. # was. I buried a quarter at 10" and can't pick it up in my CO soil min # about 75. It is deeper than my MX5 though but then again I've never dug a coin over 6" anyway. What is your grnd. min# like in Maryland Badger?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I GB at 45 on the Nokta Fors gold but with my AT pro its at 80. Really depends because I've been at one place that's a farm and the tilled soil is at 45 but if I go near the old plantation house it jumps into the 70's. I'm going to watch that video again I could have sworn I saw him GB at 90 as I watched him GB the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread