FORS CoRe deal breaker

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a glaring fact has been omitted regarding this particular unit and that is that it not only does well in coin & relic hunting, but it is also a very capable gold prospecting unit and to top it off performs admirably on salty beaches YET the sticking point is someone cannot work out measurement conversions on the fly - Gee thats a tough one - Is there any other VLF's that can do the same to the same standard???

I personally have the Nokta Fors gold not the core. I have wanted a machine that could find the small gold pieces and if the machine can pick up small gold then it certainly can easily pick up coins etc.
I tried the bic ballpoint pen trick with this machine where the only metal is that tiny ball in the tip. Machine was set at 2/3s power and could pick the ball up at several inches away. I repeated the trick in a club meeting where we have a few snooty 30-30 owners who think nothing can compete with them and I asked can your machine do that? I ruffled some feathers that night.
There's a new video that scannerguy68 put out where objects are spun on a 4 spoked "pinwheel" in front of the coil to test the recovery speed. I've never seen any machine with the ability the nokta has to target-reset-target again, it didn't matter how fast he spun the thing the machine detected the item reset and got the next..the video showed it all.
Great machine.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not having a unit measure in centimeters does not matter. Can it hunt?

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally have the Nokta Fors gold not the core. I have wanted a machine that could find the small gold pieces and if the machine can pick up small gold then it certainly can easily pick up coins etc.
I tried the bic ballpoint pen trick with this machine where the only metal is that tiny ball in the tip. Machine was set at 2/3s power and could pick the ball up at several inches away. I repeated the trick in a club meeting where we have a few snooty 30-30 owners who think nothing can compete with them and I asked can your machine do that? I ruffled some feathers that night.
There's a new video that scannerguy68 put out where objects are spun on a 4 spoked "pinwheel" in front of the coil to test the recovery speed. I've never seen any machine with the ability the nokta has to target-reset-target again, it didn't matter how fast he spun the thing the machine detected the item reset and got the next..the video showed it all.
Great machine.

I did the BIC ballpoint test on the Nokta Pointer and it sounded off - do you know if the AT Garrett, TRX or others sound off on a BIC tip?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't get it to work on any other ones that's why I was impressed. That's not to say that there is some other machine that can do it but I haven't come across it yet, maybe the Deus but ctx 3030 wouldn't do it, my AT pro wouldn't, Fishers wouldn't.

scannerguy1968

Jun 4, 2015
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Many
Current
Tesoro Vaquero
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the BIC ballpoint test on the Nokta Pointer and it sounded off - do you know if the AT Garrett, TRX or others sound off on a BIC tip?

Ive tried quite a few detectors on the ballpoint test. Core, Tesoro Vaquero and the F19 hit. I have pieces of copper hot glued to straws along with a small 7 or so % iron meteorite that I use in part of my tests for vids. The core will hit the smallest copper which is less than half the size of the ballpoint. Others won't. The Vaq will if you run neg ground balance. The Core will read the iron meteorite 7 inches away in all metal blowing others away. Making it awesome for relics as stated. I cant find much wrong with the Core as hard as I try. Separation is great, recovery is unheard of, even depth with the stock coil is great. Its also well balanced. Just wish it had a notch feature.

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive tried quite a few detectors on the ballpoint test. Core, Tesoro Vaquero and the F19 hit. I have pieces of copper hot glued to straws along with a small 7 or so % iron meteorite that I use in part of my tests for vids. The core will hit the smallest copper which is less than half the size of the ballpoint. Others won't. The Vaq will if you run neg ground balance. The Core will read the iron meteorite 7 inches away in all metal blowing others away. Making it awesome for relics as stated. I cant find much wrong with the Core as hard as I try. Separation is great, recovery is unheard of, even depth with the stock coil is great. Its also well balanced. Just wish it had a notch feature.

scannerguy 1968 I like too see you make a video depth test on core if you will

scannerguy1968

Jun 4, 2015
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Many
Current
Tesoro Vaquero
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scannerguy 1968 I like too see you make a video depth test on core if you will

I'll run it this weekend. Same test as other detectors where max points of 66 for depth separation and recovery are given in my bed . So far of the detectors I've ran through it the vaquero has scored the highest. 50 points. The AT Pro got 38 for examle. Think the Core will be higher. Do know stock coil with DI3 at 99 % will not quite hit the 12 inch quarter in the bed. But the big coil will. Which is pretty darn good.

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll run it this weekend. Same test as other detectors where max points of 66 for depth separation and recovery are given in my bed . So far of the detectors I've ran through it the vaquero has scored the highest. 50 points. The AT Pro got 38 for examle. Think the Core will be higher. Do know stock coil with DI3 at 99 % will not quite hit the 12 inch quarter in the bed. But the big coil will. Which is pretty darn good.

Thank you Scannerguy1968 i know that i subscibed to your channel and i really like how that you test the metal detectors out thanks.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd like to see what you get too. I don't have the Fors core I have the gold but both should be the same I think.
On DI3 mode I hit a 1914 wheatie at 12" deep, have it on video and know that it didn't roll down in because it had to be pulled out of the bottom dirt.
I hit a civil war horse reigns rivet at 14" with the stock coil. This was when I was getting myself familiar with the machine and wad measuring each hole since the Fors gold/core read in CM not inches.
Most impressive video is scanner's recovery speed of the nokta Fors with the little "pinwheel", was an amazing sight and I know other machines out there will be hard pressed to duplicate the results..id bet money on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread