Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have about 12 hours on the Racer so far and it seems to be a good unit for the price. My only qualms is that the depth is not accurate at all on coin sized targets and my biggest beef is FOIL it loves foil. I have gotten reading from 40, - 65 for foil and instead of that scratchy sound most trash puts out with most other detectors, the racer makes it sound like a good target. I have tried switching over to 3 tone to check the target but other than the small change in tone the foil still hits solid like a coin. If you like to dig gold rings then be prepared to dig ALOT of foil

thanks for that Choppadude - Can you list any of the positives that you have found using the Racer please?

The points you have mentioned are known but IMO not a big issue - Depth accuracy is not that important to me & the foil I believe I am starting to get my head around but I do know if I put more hours on my detector both of those issues will hopefully become a non event as I learn the machine - great to see your feedback on the Racer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread