Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Mark Racer, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have an at pro and havent had my racer long. If your coin hunting three tone mode sensitivity as high as you can get it for as much depth as possible. Drop your id filter to 5 to help keep from iron masking. I just ordered the small coil and itll be here tomorrow or thursday. So ill let you know more on this when i get time to experiment with it. You are gonna get a lot of 82 signals dig them. Bottle tops are kinda tough but if you work a good signal good you can almost tell with the front tip or back tip of the coil. Itll iron grunt but still dig some just to make sure and get a feel for it. Ive been running tracking on because i cant find places to ground balance because of all the iron. I havent noticed a loss in depth with tracking on. Overall im happy with my makro racer so far it is really nice.

at pro both coils, makro racer, and detectnix pinpointer.

OP
OP
delwmontana

delwmontana

Dec 31, 2014
Billings
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information, mine arrived yesterday and taking it out today.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with it man. My small coil arrived wednesday but i went out of state thirsday and have not had a chance to use it. Ill be back in my state today so i may give it a run today or tomorrow for sure. Good luck and happy hunting with it. Did you get the standard pack or pro pack? When i cant ground balance i just turn tracking on and i still seem to get pretty good depth.

OP
OP
delwmontana

delwmontana

Dec 31, 2014
Billings
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the propack so will be trying both coils today..

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am curious to hear your thoughts and experiences with the Makro Racer and how it performs against your other detector/s. I have seen a few for sale soon after bought by some individuals over the past couple of months.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the propack so will be trying both coils today..
How has it done so far for you? Its really a pretty good unit for the money. I really like mine!

OP
OP
delwmontana

delwmontana

Dec 31, 2014
Billings
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was amazing didn't use the small coil very much. Still trying to figure out how to gauge depth of targets.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did use it in inches instead of centimeters?

OP
OP
delwmontana

delwmontana

Dec 31, 2014
Billings
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Sir, that was the first I did..

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha me too how did your lights work? Man did you find any coins or any good targets? Nickels are hard to find with pull tabs

OP
OP
delwmontana

delwmontana

Dec 31, 2014
Billings
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like everything about the machine, I found one nickel so far and probably a milk can full of pull tabs LOL.. Got a touch over $2.00 in clad today and a couple other cool finds..

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you like it man!

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Three new Racer users in this thread. Remember audio is king!

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you folks wanting a good fast way to judge depth, try this. Set your Racer up in 3 tone to hunt say coins. Then set your 2 tone up with gain say at 90. When hunting coins and you get a signal and you want to judge depth, just flip to 2 tone and sweep target. If it's shallow you'll know real fast because of the VCO employed with 2 tone.

OP
OP
delwmontana

delwmontana

Dec 31, 2014
Billings
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having a Nokta Fors gold the brother to the racer a good little trick is to rim a target if you suspect bottle cap. By taking the toe or heel of the coil and leaning it sideways swing it over the target if the ID jumps or you hear the grunt instead of a pure tone its junk. I am teaching a guy in our club who unfortunately is deaf how to use the racer..he uses the racer because of the vibrating handle which a deaf person needs but man its so hard on him because he has to dig everything as he cant hear the subtle differences in tones. Please try rimming the target and see if it helps

OP
OP
delwmontana

delwmontana

Dec 31, 2014
Billings
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great information. Thank you.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How has that racer been treating you?

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have about 12 hours on the Racer so far and it seems to be a good unit for the price. My only qualms is that the depth is not accurate at all on coin sized targets and my biggest beef is FOIL it loves foil. I have gotten reading from 40, - 65 for foil and instead of that scratchy sound most trash puts out with most other detectors, the racer makes it sound like a good target. I have tried switching over to 3 tone to check the target but other than the small change in tone the foil still hits solid like a coin. If you like to dig gold rings then be prepared to dig ALOT of foil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread