Nokta forcore metal detector

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good detector. Superb in iron. Reports on salt beach pretty darn good too. The small coil, this is what really makes it special. Old home sites etc with a lot of junk, iron, nails---Detector rocks. Target ID is pretty good too. Detector in 3 tone=good tone nuance----separating good from junk targets.
For the loot a very good purchase.
For its weight---with stock coil attached----one of the best swinging detectors out there.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't help but love the Core. I mainly hunt the beaches and love the way this machine discriminates. 95% of the time I know what I'm digging before I dig it. The other 5% is when I'm expecting a pull tab and the gold pops up! Bottle caps are very easy to discriminate with this machine. Pieces of foil are also easy to read unless it's a big ball of it and then you're going to get a good reading. I am also well pleased with how deep I am getting dimes and nickels. Nickels and pull tabs that are 10" deep means I will also pull most gold rings at that depth too. I wouldn't trade this machine for any that I can think of out there. It runs very smooth on the beaches...wet and dry......and it doesn't wear my arm out like my Fisher CZ-20 did even when I had the Fisher hip-mounted. I just wish they would have made this the ultimate machine by making it waterproof. I can see that in the future of the Core....or maybe the Makro. I understand they are basically the same machines with different designs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vetusausn

Apr 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are your favorite setting to pull out nickels and pull tabs that deep

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are your favorite setting to pull out nickels and pull tabs that deep

COG mode is the beach mode....run sensitivity at 96.....ID Masking at 30.....with Tracking on.

OP
OP
V

vetusausn

Apr 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks gold key it's folks like you keep the hobby interesting

OP
OP
V

vetusausn

Apr 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COG mode is the beach mode....run sensitivity at 96.....ID Masking at 30.....with Tracking on.

.I am at o.c.md. with my nokta forcore detector ((beach hunting ) that cog mode is awesome I had to adjust the sensitivity at 88 and I'd mask 30 works great and smooth in wet or dry sand. found a silver ring and clad. Thanks again for the advice.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't help but love the Core. I mainly hunt the beaches and love the way this machine discriminates. 95% of the time I know what I'm digging before I dig it. The other 5% is when I'm expecting a pull tab and the gold pops up! Bottle caps are very easy to discriminate with this machine. Pieces of foil are also easy to read unless it's a big ball of it and then you're going to get a good reading. I am also well pleased with how deep I am getting dimes and nickels. Nickels and pull tabs that are 10-14" deep means I will also pull most gold rings at that depth too. I wouldn't trade this machine for any that I can think of out there. It runs very smooth on the beaches...wet and dry......and it doesn't wear my arm out like my Fisher CZ-20 did even when I had the Fisher hip-mounted. I just wish they would have made this the ultimate machine by making it waterproof. I can see that in the future of the Core....or maybe the Makro. I understand they are basically the same machines with different designs.

Well I don't live at the beach but wanted it for when I do go and this is great news. I mainly hunt middle NC with clay soils!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not finding used ones for sale is a good sign. The video's and tests on both the Fors Core and the Velox are outstanding for the price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread