The History of Makro?

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've said it many times already so one more time. The Turkish machines, CoRe and Racer will alert you better than any machine that something is there. Then you can investigate it and more times than not isolate it and get a good TID or a blipping of a good diggable target. It is not going to be learned in 6 or 12 hours or running stuff over the coil with your hands no matter who you are. It takes some time but when it clicks nothing compares to the amount of stuff you can find that other machines cannot and will not see in the ground even very shallow targets. "Small debri masking" is very real as far as all other machines are concerned and these see right through it.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've said it many times already so one more time. The Turkish machines, CoRe and Racer will alert you better than any machine that something is there. Then you can investigate it and more times than not isolate it and get a good TID or a blipping of a good diggable target. It is not going to be learned in 6 or 12 hours or running stuff over the coil with your hands no matter who you are. It takes some time but when it clicks nothing compares to the amount of stuff you can find that other machines cannot and will not see in the ground even very shallow targets. "Small debri masking" is very real as far as all other machines are concerned and these see right through it.

I have to comment, you said in the the early post about people saying stuff with out ever having one..
Have you ever owned a XP deus?
Because if you have you would not have made that comment. .
Dont even know why im going around with you.
Good luck, hope you find great things.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This starts off as "History of MAKRO". Nokia has already had a run at being established. Makro has stumbled very badly so far, so now when it is convenient they want to Slide the Makro name aside and bring it up as a Nokta. Even though the old company now has a new division called Makro, all early explanations was they were definitely separate and related only because a brother was now being taken in to the business. There is a lot of substance that is floating toward the buying public and it beginning to look like a lot of smoke. Yep, it is still a BIG work in progress.

With all due respect, I would refrain from making subjective comments that do not reflect reality and mislead others. Makro has been in business longer than Nokta did. Currently, it is all one company owned by the same owner. We made an official announcement of the acquisition back in December 2014 which we also posted on this forum as well as others. If you define a coil issue - which the company openly acknowledged and took care of every single customer so far - as stumbling, then every other manufacturer in this industry has also stumbled many times since they were established. Stumbling (in your words) is in the nature of manufacturing sometimes, whether you let your customers stumble with you or not though is a choice! We never choose to let our customers stumble or let them down.
Thank you!

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are working to please, that is evident. All of these faults should have been addressed prior to them being put on the market. Their proving grounds seem to be at the expense (shipping expense and loss of use) of the customer. If Makro is loosing its image due to forum reported problems then that is how it should be reported. Don't now come out and try to call a makro machine a Nokta with intent to improve the image. Sure makes made in America, three words that have very good meaning.

Once again - please refrain from making unrealistic comments. No customer who contacted us directly so far had to pay for shipping for the replacement coil nor they had to send the defective part back in! Also, there is no need to call a Makro machine a Nokta machine as they are all developed and manufactured at the same facility by the same people. Any customer is welcome to visit us at our facility in Istanbul. We are just a very transparent company. Thank you!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bowwinkles:

Never seen a quality company, anywhere, that was not a work in progress.
If a company is not progressing with R&D, and bringing out new products on a regular
basis they go stale. Find me a successful "stale" company. You won't.

If ANY metal detector manufacturer is doing it right, it's Nokta/Macro. They
even go as far as listing the FCC and CE test certifications on their site, which
I've never seen any other detector manufacturer do.

If you look closer at the Nokta site, you'll see that they have distribution
that is pretty much world-wide. A "flash in the pan" company never makes
it that far, as in most cases they're producing an inferior product. Nokta,
on the other hand, has probably had a vast majority of their growth and
sales come by way of word-of-mouth.

Oh yeah...and in about 3 hours I'll be purchasing my first Nokta machine,
and have no doubts whatsoever that my expectations will not only be met,
but exceeded by the quality and performance of the machine. :occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all due respect, I would refrain from making subjective comments that do not reflect reality and mislead others. Makro has been in business longer than Nokta did. Currently, it is all one company owned by the same owner. We made an official announcement of the acquisition back in December 2014 which we also posted on this forum as well as others. If you define a coil issue - which the company openly acknowledged and took care of every single customer so far - as stumbling, then every other manufacturer in this industry has also stumbled many times since they were established. Stumbling (in your words) is in the nature of manufacturing sometimes, whether you let your customers stumble with you or not though is a choice! We never choose to let our customers stumble or let them down.
Thank you!
Very well put Nokta Detectors![emoji106]

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well yes, got a Deus right after they came into the country and used it up until about a month after acquiring the Nokta CoRe this past November. It got traded along with the CTX. Dug more stuff than imaginable behind the Deus, CTX/small coil mounted, T2 small coil mounted, G2 small coil mounted, Gold bug small coil mounted, 705 small coil mounted, quite a few other machines that were being used on a smallish acre give or take lot from the Rev war through now. I'm very sure I'm the one here in US that got to see first hand what these machines could do. It was very very humbling standing in places you knew had been detected by myself many many times with the Deus and couldn't get a diggable signal. My hunting buddies got to where they didn't even want to go back to these/this particular lot per the finds had became all but nonexistent. What became very apparent was the small debri masking that the Nokta could see through. When you can't hardly move forward for digging so many coins and silver and buttons and some jewelry that these other machines could not see period it opens your eyes. Believe me I loved my Deus and the CTX but they couldn't hold a candle to the amount of stuff the Turk machine pulled out of the ground. You don't know what you don't know is one of my favorite quotes, not directed at you, me. I did not have any idea how much stuff machines leave behind until I got the CoRe. Like I said I was humbled beyond belief. If you look back say Dec last year and Jan this year you can see where I started reporting on a couple of forums what I was seeing and experiencing as I learned the machine. The audio for me was second to none and if you don't learn these machines audio you may as well beep and dig with a Deus. Like I said I was humbled, my friends/hunting buddies saw the ground open up for me when we couldn't find hardly anything else without excavating a couple of inches at a time. It was hard to believe that this much stuff couldn't be seen by the other machines. Very hard to argue with this much stuff left by other machines.

Here's just the beginning of me running the CoRe and the machines that were on these lot's several times weekly for months before the pic was taken of them at the end of a hunt.

I have to comment, you said in the the early post about people saying stuff with out ever having one..
Have you ever owned a XP deus?
Because if you have you would not have made that comment. .
Dont even know why im going around with you.
Good luck, hope you find great things.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the past few weeks this subject matter has been discussed on a number of forums. Some cases somewhat heated. This has resulted in a very productive outcome that has resulted in a couple of very positive things. First off it has made many potential customers more aware of the pro and cons of a product. It has made the manufacture very much aware of just how much us costumers do talk about products. The end result is the customers win by being more aware and allows for a more intelligent purchase if they choose to do so. The manufacture also wins by having a better understanding of the customers opinion and needs. It also seems to have a side effect of producing a much higher lever of customer service. It is not always good to shoot the messenger he might have been on your side all along.

Last edited:

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This starts off as "History of MAKRO". Nokia has already had a run at being established. Makro has stumbled very badly so far, so now when it is convenient they want to Slide the Makro name aside and bring it up as a Nokta. Even though the old company now has a new division called Makro, all early explanations was they were definitely separate and related only because a brother was now being taken in to the business. There is a lot of substance that is floating toward the buying public and it beginning to look like a lot of smoke. Yep, it is still a BIG work in progress.

You are the very same person who bad mouthed the Racer & Makro when it was first released - Eight months later your doing exactly the same - Have you owned and used a Racer? I know you have owned a Makro Pointer for 30 minutes and then got rid of it because you stated you needed two hands to operate it. Thankfully Makro concentrated on that and the Pointer was designed for people with two hands, however those with one can simply operate it without a fuss. You then went on to say you owned a Nokta Pointer as well. Why get one of those if you cannot operate the very similar Makro Pointer? Finally wasnt it you who had huge drama's with the deteknix X=Pointer as well?

Perhaps you should do what most intelligent people do and purchase what makes you happy and dont focus on stuff that does not i.e. Makro/Nokta. I am positively sure they will do fine without your support or dramatics

For the record its Nokta not Nokia - that would be like me calling Whites - Blacks -

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jack, Now I have owned alot of machines, including the RACER. That I just sold. Iam not a negative kind of guy, but All I can tell you is the Racer did not live up to the hype. Not impressed, the Atpro has more going for it then the Racer, and cheaper.
As far as the company goes, any small company trying to get business will do whatever they can to win customers. Like troll forums and comments. Lol.
The only good thing I found with the racer is the little coil will separate better than most stock coils..
All in all my take is for the money buy the Atpro.
George

So you see Nokta customer support as trolling the forums - PMSL - Garrett a good family business and sounds like they are up your alley - enjoy

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are working to please, that is evident. All of these faults should have been addressed prior to them being put on the market. Their proving grounds seem to be at the expense (shipping expense and loss of use) of the customer. If Makro is loosing its image due to forum reported problems then that is how it should be reported. Don't now come out and try to call a makro machine a Nokta with intent to improve the image. Sure makes made in America, three words that have very good meaning.

Like First Texas with the 11"DD's
Like Garrett with the GPP's
Like Minelab with the 3030's
Like Whites with their new stickers

Hard to spot the mistakes as you get closer to home huh?

You seem to be losing traction even after 8+ months - have you thought about giving up yet?

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the past few weeks this subject matter has been discussed on a number of forums. Some cases somewhat heated. This has resulted in a very productive outcome that has resulted in a couple of very positive things. First off it has made many potential customers more aware of the pro and cons of a product. It has made the manufacture very much aware of just how much us costumers do talk about products. The end result is the customers win by being more aware and allows for a more intelligent purchase if they choose to do so. The manufacture also wins by having a better understanding of the customers opinion and needs. It also seems to have a side effect of producing a much higher lever of customer service. It is not always good to shoot the messenger he might have been on your side all along.

How very rude of you not to acknowledge Nokta correcting your misinformation - Just ignore them?

It certainly shows to me you have no respect whatsoever for not only their products but the company as well - That sir has been apparent from the very beginning and as for the hype thats been attached to the Racer - that too was caused by those who spread the misinformation to start with - Talk about product assassination - I also understand you have many many yaers metal detecting experience so how is it possible for someone with so much experience not to recognize a decent metal detector when it is released??

Perhaps time is not the answer and intelligence is eh?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, The re posting of quotes again enhances the productive output of this thread with the extra exposure. There also seems to be another additional benefit and that is that it possibly may be exposing a bit of shill activity. All greatly aids the consumer with a more educated choice when considering a new purchase.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is your Racer going? - Have you managed a review yet?

Wasnt it nice for Nokta/Makro to put you right on the many issues you were confused over?

Absolute top customer support which of course many of you are not used to -

Clearly and according to the many reviews and posts regarding the Racer, its certainly a worthy machine which came through a scathing barrage of misinformation by those clearly not intelligent enough to use one themselves -

Please feel free to post something positive about your experiences with the Racer - We almost know all of your issues BUT did you not find anything at all satisfying about the Racer? Anything? color of the box? Glossy manual?? perhaps -

Honestly - How many months now have you been banging on about this detector? -

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, The re posting of quotes again enhances the productive output of this thread with the extra exposure. There also seems to be another additional benefit and that is that it possibly may be exposing a bit of shill activity. All greatly aids the consumer with a more educated choice when considering a new purchase.

JMHO: The type of comment above is a sad excuse, and even more a poor attempt at
rationalizing someone slandering a very good company with a quality product.

There are rules here on TNet which I don't care to violate, otherwise I'd tell you
exactly what I think of your posts.

If I was allowed to, what I'd tell you is that they're complete....
bullshit-1.jpg~original

Last edited:

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIzzyDigger,
I agree 100%

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This very same person was directly responsible for the early Makro reviews being pulled from another site many months ago -

This type of slander/defamation is more damaging to this hobby than anything else I know - I was not a brand loyal user, err well that was right up to when I first used a CF77 and the build quality in that was enough to spur my interest - Since briefly using the Racer and then settling on the Fors CoRe I can honestly say that I wiont be wondering far from Makro/Nokta -

I find it also bewildering that someone who boasts on about their endless experience within the industry cannot see these detectors for what they truely are - Personally I think them to be a fantastic product with exceptional service - The positives just keep coming -

Yes we get it - you dont like - perhaps try hanging out with what you do like and stop raining on everyones parade - with respect

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's please move on......

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll tell you what, I've never seen a single frq machine that is as stable as the racer on wet sand beaches. I still can't figure out how they did it. With the sens almost at full it's quiet as all heck. And likes micro gold as well. I'm seriously thinking about getting one.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll tell you what, I've never seen a single frq machine that is as stable as the racer on wet sand beaches. I still can't figure out how they did it. With the sens almost at full it's quiet as all heck. And likes micro gold as well. I'm seriously thinking about getting one.
Same for the Fors CoRe, single freq and yet with the salt water program it is rock stable on wet salt sand and in shallow salt water...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread