Makro pointer

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking at getting a a new pointer and was wondering h good these are... Thanks

Great for I had one. Now I have the exact same pointer with more settings in the Nokta. I would opt for that one if I were you. Just my 2 cents!

OP
OP
tjarrett

tjarrett

Jan 14, 2016
Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800
BH Land Ranger Pro
Vulcan 360 pinpointer
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info.. I'll check into it

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great for I had one. Now I have the exact same pointer with more settings in the Nokta. I would opt for that one if I were you. Just my 2 cents!

yes, and the Nokta pointer I got just a few days ago, has done real well digging in super wet mud and snow - operated just fine. I use just the vibrate mode and can hear it then too. Very sensitive if need be, at 11.6kHz, and can desensitized down to just touching the object, before sounding off.
I use an old Garrett pointer holster that fits my new probe well.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like mine about 90%, but I use my AT Propointer more.

Here is what I don't like:

Little slow in turning off and on. It takes a second or two. No problem, but I used mine during a competition where it matters.

The vibration is a little subtle at distance, meaning a coin is just barely inside of detecting range, it vibrates a little too slow for me. The advantage is the sensitivity can be adjusted way out. With gloves on, it can be missed.

I bought two. The first one worked like a charm. The second was a back up and it acted funny from the start. It sometimes would not come on and then it wouldn't come on at all. I had to pay $8-10 to send it in for repair (it was only 6 weeks old) and then I was sent a new one. Shame I had to pay extra for something that didn't work correctly from the start.

Othewise, it is my favorite pinpointer right behind the AT Propointer.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Just received mine this morning! Very impressed by the amount of accessories delivered.

353675makroshipping.jpg

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at getting a a new pointer and was wondering h good these are... Thanks

IMHO....they SUCK. well, in the wet sand and in shallow sea water anyway.

Mines up for sale and i'm getting a waterproof Xpointer, like I used to have...that was AWESOME.

Sorry, but the Makro pointer...my own personal opinion...i'd rather pluck out my eyes with a rusty spoon that use one again.

BUT, I do have a Makro detector and it's GREAT!!!!!

PI Xpointer Just ordered.

Matt.

Overseas

Jun 28, 2016
Europe
Detector(s) used
Deephunter by Makro
Primary Interest:
Other
I am reposting here, since I replied to someone in a DEUS forum and this is more appropriate. Oh and yes, I like having the security / option of waterproof.

I can't even begin to tell you how much crap I cleared in my tiny yard with my little pointer. It could detect the smallest amount of metal particles in the soil.

I am not sure if the particles that looked like gold I found in hot rocks were gold or not though...my wife litterally went crazy, and made me dump them down the drain. She thought it was some kind of poison.

My pointer supposedly operates at 11.6khz and is made by Makro.

I was a pinpointer virgin before this, so I do not know if this helps you or not.

It definitely finds gold wedding rings of about 15 years freshly burried...lol

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Nokta pointer and it works great. Been using it for about 2 years now. My only complaint is its not as loud as other pointers i have used. If you are using headphones and have lots of background noise such as traffic nearby it can be hard to hear.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had one for a couple years now. It's a good pinpointer. I do notice though where the speaker is on the back I usually have my hand over it and cover it up so with headphones on I can't hear it. So I use vibrate. Also wish that it turned off quicker. But its a good working pinpointer.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had one for a couple years now. It's a good pinpointer. I do notice though where the speaker is on the back I usually have my hand over it and cover it up so with headphones on I can't hear it. So I use vibrate. Also wish that it turned off quicker. But its a good working pinpointer.

Yes the speaker placement is not the best. Mud tends to fill the speaker hole and cause it to go silent. A quick wash in an open puddle or under a sink solves the problem but it can be annoying at times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread