Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Valued Members:

We are proud to announce the new Racer 2 - a device that customers asked for and we designed!

Racer 2 is boosted with features to find more treasures and less trash!

To view the full features, specs and pricing please visit:

Makro Metal Detectors : Racer 2

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you all.

RACER2_anabanner_eng03.jpg

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
What is the difference between the standard package and the pro package?

OP
OP
N

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the difference between the standard package and the pro package?

The standard packages comes with the standard 11''x7'' coil, headphones and 4AA batteries.

The pro package includes:
Waterproof RC29V - DD Search Coil - 28,5cm x 18cm (11'' x 7'')
Waterproof RC13E - DD Search Coil - 13cm (5")
Headphones
AC & Car Charger
4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries
Carrying Bag
Rain Covers
Extra Lower Shaft

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the release date of the Racer2 in North America? These are great new improvements over the original and have captured my attention yet again!...The iron audio, save feature, notch, and an improved id chart are great new features! Can't wait for the reviews on this new Racer!

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
What EXACTLY does the "Beach Mode" do to make it good on a wet sand saltwater beach?

Probably like the CTX 3030 Seawater mode => reduce sensibility for highly mineralized environment => detector remains stable

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What EXACTLY does the "Beach Mode" do to make it good on a wet sand saltwater beach?

The original Makro Racer has that beach mode...It is not a new feature on the Makro Racer 2....Actually for a single frequency detector it does handle wet salt water sand very well...

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer & Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again just now getting used to my racer and a new and improved model comes out[emoji51]

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm excited about this. Would those of you who own a Racer recommend this new one based on the current Racer and the features, specs and pricing listed on their website?

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the first video I have found on the Makro Racer 2 comparing it to the original....While it is not an in-depth review, it is an introduction to this new detector...

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
Here we go again just now getting used to my racer and a new and improved model comes out[emoji51]

Same with me. I just got a used Racer two weeks ago and have barely gotten to hunt with it, and it's already been obsoleted by the Racer 2 lol.

I like the all black look though. Wonder what the price difference is?

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the first video I have found on the Makro Racer 2 comparing it to the original....While it is not an in-depth review, it is an introduction to this new detector...

lol..........well, it's a good video showing the Racer 2 advantage, especially in trash noise. Can't make those very happy that just purchased a Red Racer. Maybe an upgrade program is warranted.

Seems like a nice detector from that little run though.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a deaf friend who wants to go detecting with me. I see a vibration option, is that in the handle? Is it backlighted? How much water can it take? Thanks in advance.

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a deaf friend who wants to go detecting with me. I see a vibration option, is that in the handle? Is it backlighted? How much water can it take? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it has a vibratory motor in the handle that has 5 settings. The screen is backlit, and it also has 5 different settings. Both features work very well, imo. The coil is waterproof and that's it. Maybe they will do a third update to it and at least make it water resistant. There is a rain cover for the control unit you can purchase separate, and there is also a neoprene cover for the battery compartment/speaker/arm cuff section. Although, if you get the PRO kit, it comes with both covers.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same with me. I just got a used Racer two weeks ago and have barely gotten to hunt with it, and it's already been obsoleted by the Racer 2 lol.

I like the all black look though. Wonder what the price difference is?

I have heard it is only about $100 more than the original Racer....

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard a release date for the Racer 2 yet? Just seen a Keith Southern video of it air-testing twenty-couple inches on a quarter! Pretty impressive....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions