Nokta fors help

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
ebinger ebex pi, nokta fors core.CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I've recently purchased a new Nokta fors core, it's it normal for the signals to be so erratic? When I do an air test indoors the signals are fine but when I get a target in the ground the signal bounces all over the place between 1 and 99 constantly changing when I'm swinging the detector, I've tried changing the sensitivity and threshold and also tried it in all modes but it doesn't make any difference it just can't identify any targets. It took me nearly a year to save for this machine, I've only had it a week and I'm so disappointed after reading all the good reviews! I've tried emailing everybody and had no reply, just wondering if there something I'm doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
You posted this in the wrong place.
This area is about forum software, posting pictures, navigating and things like that...not metal detectors.
Go to the forum list and navigate down to the brands section.
There is a Nokta sub forum there where you will get much more help and info.
Nokta and Makro

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to Nokta forum....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be sure to face east when you ground balance! :laughing7:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bury a few coins down to 6 or so inches and try your machine.

If that works bury a little deeper. GB your detector.

3 tone you should be able to run at higher gain vs 2 tone,,, but 3 tone not as deep.

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bury a few coins down to 6 or so inches and try your machine.

If that works bury a little deeper. GB your detector.

3 tone you should be able to run at higher gain vs 2 tone,,, but 3 tone not as deep.
hi ive tried that at different depths, it seems to be the ID not the picking up the target. it gets signals way down and shallow but does not ID them its more like a pi detector picks up everything. thank you anyway.

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're using a high gain machine, higher than most except the Turkish units. They see a lot more of what's in the ground "metal" than your typical detectors. However when you get them over a target, good target, it becomes very clear what the target sounds like compared to trash or bad metal. Very normal and very good too. Keep in mind they will find stuff other machines just sweep over. Learn it and you will be rewarded.

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're using a high gain machine, higher than most except the Turkish units. They see a lot more of what's in the ground "metal" than your typical detectors. However when you get them over a target, good target, it becomes very clear what the target sounds like compared to trash or bad metal. Very normal and very good too. Keep in mind they will find stuff other machines just sweep over. Learn it and you will be rewarded.
hi thanks for the info Jack,but ive made a video of the problem and emailed it to a guy called Dilek form nokta and hes said theres a problem with the coil or box its self,so hes replacing both anyway i couldnt fault the customer service from this guy and nokta. thanks for everyones advice and help anyway.

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just FYI, Dilek is a woman. She has responded to many questions and problems
on several forums, including this one.

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used