Makro Gold Racer reviews

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No one knows me and im sure I haven't earned anyones respect yet but I like mine it exceeds my expectations. Also I had a minor problem and it seems like they are bending over backwards to correct it. I don't know how well other detectors work but im getting very small lead fragments and BB's down in the 8-12" range consistently in all metal mode.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one knows me and im sure I haven't earned anyones respect yet but I like mine it exceeds my expectations. Also I had a minor problem and it seems like they are bending over backwards to correct it. I don't know how well other detectors work but im getting very small lead fragments and BB's down in the 8-12" range consistently in all metal mode.

That's cool , there was a big write up in the Gold Prospecting , in the Metal Detectiing for Gold , on the Notka Fors Gold Plus , with some big names testing them , and they Got rave reviews . I was hoping that the Makro Gold Racer , would be reviewed by the same people , but all reviews are Good .

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold+ is a monster. I've dug headstamps in the LC of SC at 12-14 inches plus. The gold Racer is a lot different machine than the G+.

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detector works fantastic I have had it out 2 times in Nevada here. And yes in pretty mineralized soils. I had a problem with plugging in my Koss headphones into it as the threshold went crazy up and down and made me think the detector was junk first time out. Second time out I discovered if I didn't plug my cans into it the threshold was perfect and the detector worked excellent. So the big question is this? Is this detector defective ? Someone else has the same complaint on the forum here. I am going to plug in a couple different sets today and see what is going on. There is zero reason why plugging in any set of headphones should cause an issue except bad engineering in my view. I know electronics and I would love to get a look at a schematic of the headphone circuitry as it could be a matching issue but that should not be effecting how the detector works and it certainly was on mine. I will post what I find. Other than that using it yesterday with no phones it did work great. I was impressed how it was working now lets address the headphone issue and will be good.

TESTED:
Headphones that came from factory (32 Ohm) did okay usable but still not the same as listening to the threshold with no headphones. Having the phones in going over a area say showing hot rock or similar maybe ID 97 u can hear some slight static... unplug them and you do not hear that static. NOTE: all settings are stock in ALL Metal.

Koss UR 20 32ohm

Auvio 32ohm

Senheiser 32ohm

These headphones used to be all used in my broadcasting studio (ie radio station)

All gave chatter, made the threshold go up and down and made the target ID go all over the place when just set on the ground (not on a target).

I am not very happy with this.

If there is an issue with impedance mismatching then Makro should put that out there so myself and others can go out and find a set that will work.

Last edited:

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mine does the same thing I bought 4 sets of head phones now and the only way I can get it stable is turn the knob on the detector all the way up. In all fairness the one I have had a problem and they have sent me a replacement I should get tomorrow. That's a picture of today's take. I really don't know what to think about this thing one minute I love it and the next I hate it. See how the new one is I guess. Can someone tell me how long their batteries last. I'm going about 4 hours a set. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461552211.309193.jpg

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup Mr Desert-rat I will ask for a complete refund unless they fix the headphone issue thats total bs 700 bucks I will buy a Whites.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup Mr Desert-rat I will ask for a complete refund unless they fix the headphone issue thats total bs 700 bucks I will buy a Whites.

Hello. Please be assured that we will stand by our product and fix any issue. Please send an email to [email protected] and it will be taken care of.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK - so we have 3 people with headphone issues. Is this something that the early units suffer from and has been corrected, or is this just a coincidence?

Now that I know this problem is not just isolated to the headphones that came with the unit...I guess I need to pursue while it's still in warranty.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow up - Very impressed with Makro customer support.

If they keep up their current business model, they will do very well.

joelogan25

Aug 7, 2015
Navarre, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II and Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow up - Very impressed with Makro customer support.

If they keep up their current business model, they will do very well.
I too am having a similar issue with my racer 2 and contacted customer service. How did they remedy your issue?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

joelogan25

Aug 7, 2015
Navarre, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II and Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No these are where they are trained dude. Re watch the video.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am having a similar issue with my racer 2 and contacted customer service. How did they remedy your issue?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'll let you know when it gets resolved. They are prompt to respond and are committed to standing by their products.

Call or E-Mail them if you are experiencing problems with your detector.

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Detector electronic Corp never answered me after a week and a half now. I did get a replacement for my gold racer from dilek. Finally came today. Will update y'all on how it goes.

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well made a run with the new unit and its a total different animal than the other one. Found about twice as much "stuff" as the old one in the same areas, head phones work great as well. the volume isn't as loud as the first one but that's totally fine its loud enough. on the first one I never got disc 2 to work every good, if something wasn't on the surface it wouldn't pick it up. with the new unit im picking up .05 grain down to about 2" and anything over about 1.5 grains im getting down at 3-4". I found a couple pieces that were either on the surface or really close to it that wont even register on my scale. to top it all off I ran it a total of about 5 hrs today and the batteries never got weak. the first unit was going about 4 hrs on a fresh set. oh yeah the ground balance is a lot better too. its not balancing at 90 every time like the first one did. hope that helps if anyone as any questions pm me. I try and at least get an hour a day in during the week so if any problems arise ill be sure to post as well as any success I have.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I am seeing , this company is going out of their way to saticfy their customers . It would be nice to see the American manufacturers do the same thing . I have heard horor stories , about customer service from other U.S. companies , what gives America . I love to buy American , I hope they take note and start standing by their products like this .

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to see the makro Gold Racer to be made into a waterproof detector, with wireless waterproof headphones . I think it would become the ultimate Gold detector out there . JMHO

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread