GOLD Racer wireless headphones - Audio Issues?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anybody verify if Makro / Nokta have fixed the apparent volume issues with their wireless headphones which were designed for the Gold Racer?

The only feed back that I have read is that at lowest volume they are painfully loud.

One of the reasons I purchased the Gold racer was to move into modern technology, which included the wireless headphones.
I cannot fathom why they were designed without independent left/right volume controls. Major mistake in my opinion.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked Bart of Big Boys Hobbies 2 weeks ago and he said "No, updated phones are not out yet." I just received my Rapoo H3070 2.4 ghz headphones from E-bay today. They're 53 dollars if you buy them from the US shop, and about 30 if you buy them direct from Israel, of course you'll be waiting a while for delivery if you buy that way. They are small, comfortable and lag free. Plus there are a few video reviews on YouTube about them. I love the idea of the Racers integrated dongle, but at that price and the current issue there are better options.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Rapoo headphones to use on my Racer but I didn't like to sound quality at all. Very muffled sound. Yes they beep, but sound terrible IMO. Gave them to my son for his gaming. I'm waiting to try the Racer phones myself.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes the Rapoo's are a bit muffled, and i also found that pinpointing with them is a challenge but I've learned to deal with that. I only use them in areas where it's needed, like the beach or where I don't want to be noticed too much. Otherwise i just go without the phones and adjust the volume as needed. This is my first detector that has a volume control, and I think its brilliant!

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. Just an FYI- The first order was shipped and received by Detector Electronics in MA.
We do not have any open orders by them. We have another shipment going to Kellyco in FL next week.
Thank you.

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. Just an FYI- The first order was shipped and received by Detector Electronics in MA.
We do not have any open orders by them. We have another shipment going to Kellyco in FL next week.
Thank you.

Thank you for the information, now that we know where/when we can buy them....

Is this V 2.0? Have you fixed the audio issues? Is there an independent left and right volume control?

Monte

Jun 5, 2008
Vale, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact (2), FORS Relic (3), FORS CoRe (2)
Makro Racer 2
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido II µMAX, Silver Sabre µMAX & Mojave
Makro and Nokta Pinpointers
Killer-B 'Hornet' headphones
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for the information, now that we know where/when we can buy them....

Is this V 2.0? Have you fixed the audio issues? Is there an independent left and right volume control?
If I may, let me just say that I have never had a 'volume' problems with the 2.4 Gig. headphones with either my Racer 2 or Gold Racer. I read that earlier posted comment and double checked my headphones and Racer 2/Gold Racer units and, because of your post here, I just double checked in case I was caught asleep last time.

Nope! Wide awake and all works fine. I have bad hearing with the military telling me since '82 that I was deaf. The surgeon who treated me after an on-the-job injury in '10 that ruptured my right ear drum which healed with permanent scar tissue, also told me that base on my pre-treatment and release hearing tests, I am deaf. I admit I don't hear well, but I can hear well enough to get out detecting with headphones a lot, and my Makro wireless headphones are working just fine.

They can be a bit loud, I guess, for those who operate at maximum volume, but that's how I have always hunted, with or without headphones. I can hear the audio responses very well with both ears using this headphone device, and I can also adjust the Target Volume as desired using the Racer 2/Gold Racer On/Off Volume control. It is a little touchy to find a setting that is 'just right' at a reduced Volume level, but for me I get it quieter with the control at about the 9 o'clock setting to maybe 10-o'clock position.

No, I don't have s left and right ear Volume control, but the audio quality of these headphones is very good as-is, especially if you adjust the Volume Level to your liking. For me it is usually maximum , and I don't have any issues with that setting.

Monte

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anybody verify if Makro / Nokta have fixed the apparent volume issues with their wireless headphones which were designed for the Gold Racer?

The only feed back that I have read is that at lowest volume they are painfully loud.

One of the reasons I purchased the Gold racer was to move into modern technology, which included the wireless headphones.
I cannot fathom why they were designed without independent left/right volume controls. Major mistake in my opinion.

Hello. It was not an issue actually but we did adjust the volume and sent the first shipment to USA already. Thank you.

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. It was not an issue actually but we did adjust the volume and sent the first shipment to USA already. Thank you.

Sounds good. The only reason I thought there was a problem was because I read a thread, where 3 different people in the UK complained about the same issue.
I went back and re-read the thread and I see Makro is exchanging those earlier units with modified units.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. The only reason I thought there was a problem was because I read a thread, where 3 different people in the UK complained about the same issue.
I went back and re-read the thread and I see Makro is exchanging those earlier units with modified units.

True. Some customers were OK with it and some were not. We decided to adjust it for those who thought it was too loud and offered a free exchange.

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True. Some customers were OK with it and some were not. We decided to adjust it for those who thought it was too loud and offered a free exchange.

I have always turned the volume all the way up on the detector and then adjusted the headphone volume on the headset to meet my requirements, depending on the environment. I was told this was the correct way to use headphones in order to ensure weak signals were transmitted as strong as possible to the headphones. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but I have been doing it that way for years.

Also many people don't have even hearing due to driving around with the window down, or damage due to shooting firearms. In other words they are slightly deaf in one ear. The separate left/right volume controls make up for this.

Just a couple comments for the future.

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monte, I may regret saying this, but it is pretty funny you chimed in to let us know that there is no problem with the volume being painfully loud.....with you being deaf and all.....hopefully you can see the humor in that.

I am glad that you are still able to detect despite your hearing loss. Do you think your headphones are ones that have been "tweaked" to reduce the volume?

Thanks for the info anyway.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always turned the volume all the way up on the detector and then adjusted the headphone volume on the headset to meet my requirements, depending on the environment. I was told this was the correct way to use headphones in order to ensure weak signals were transmitted as strong as possible to the headphones. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but I have been doing it that way for years.

Also many people don't have even hearing due to driving around with the window down, or damage due to shooting firearms. In other words they are slightly deaf in one ear. The separate left/right volume controls make up for this.

Just a couple comments for the future.

Will definitely share the feedback with the team for future reference. Thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread