2nd Trip Out With the Nokta Fors Relic

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I continue to be impressed with this machine. Once again, I took this unit out to an area on a site that I've hunted hard. It is another challenging site to hunt - lots of iron and lots of modern trash. It's a home site build around 1900 by another Confederate veteran. There was another home on the same site that pre-dated this one.

On this trip the Relic was able to sniff out a number of interesting relics: a 19th century cuff flat button, some decorative brass pieces, a 1940 nickel and the 1801 Large Cent shown here. This is my 2nd 1801 Large Cent recovered. I was using the 5" coil, DI2, all masking settings at zero, sensitivity at 80 and factory on everything else.

2lc.jpg 2lc 2.jpg

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How's it compare to your Deus?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet find! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How's it compare to your Deus?

It seems to be working the iron better, but that could be because I still don't have the hang of the Deus. The Relic is very easy to learn. Not a put down of the Deus, just my own experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread