A Review: Makro Racer 2 Pro Package

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,,,I have been using Makro Racer series and Nokta detectors and keeping up with folks who have had questions and or problems with their detectors.

Overall,,,I rate them,,based on feedback posted by users with the above,,,as extremely good.

Most of the time,,,you post a problem or a concern,,,,guess who will pop in and respond-- give guidance.

Customer service at its best.

As to the review posted by the op of this thread.
Good accurate description IMO. Ops review extremely well written,,,as good as I have seen from a style and mechanics perspective.

The ability to change settings on the fly,,,once a person gets some time under their belt with detector,,,this is GRAND.

Last edited:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the honest well written review Terry. I just used this review as a link for a new T-net member inquiring of new machines. He's 73 and has been out of metal detecting for 30 years. Having swung many different machines myself, check my stable of detectors, I can honestly say I prefer the Makro Racer 2 above them all. I think many folks being "buy American" just can't bring themselves to owning a foreign built product. I used to be that way when I started with my Whites DFX 300 & Matrix M6. Curiosity got me to go Minelab ExplorerII. Then I jumped on a used Makro Red Racer 1. Been a Makro Racer FANBOY ever since. I wish it was built in the USA but, I don't have a guilty conscience about getting the best machine for the money I could find. I own a Garrett AT Pro that will probably never see grass or dirt under it's coil due to the Racer 2. I use the AT Pro for water hunting only. If the Makro Racer 2 was waterproof I'd sell my Garrett AT Pro. Yeah, I really am a fanboy. I believe anyone that actually used this machine long enough to learn it's capabilities would become a fan of it too. Sadly I reckon many won't give it a chance because it wasn't "Born in the USA". Great review buddy.

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out of curiosity Terry did you have to return the machine?

Chub

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. I sold it to a Tnet member. :skullflag:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So they gave you a test machine and you sold it? That sounds awsome.

Chub

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So they gave you a test machine and you sold it? That sounds awsome.

Chub

I've reviewed machines from Makro, Garrett, Whites, Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro, Bounty Hunter, and Teknetics, over the last 20-years. I usually sell them or give them away to newbies. :skullflag:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've reviewed machines from Makro, Garrett, Whites, Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro, Bounty Hunter, and Teknetics, over the last 20-years. I usually sell them or give them away to newbies. :skullflag:

Nice! Which Tesoro did you replace it with? I must admit that I am becoming obsessed with the sand shark....

Chub

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my Vaquero, and I recently bought a Mojave here on the forum, and an 11" x 8" widescan coil for it. I have only used the Mojave with the 7" concentric so far, but it is becoming one of my new favorites! :skullflag:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dearly wish there was a dearler nearby. The Mojave looks to be great value. Ive begged twice for a dealership but alas....no reply.

Chub

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great and informative review. Makes me want to go get one.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your effort on the excellent review Terry. You stated the Racer might be a step up from the MXT. I wonder on which points?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your effort on the excellent review Terry. You stated the Racer might be a step up from the MXT. I wonder on which points?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll start with saltwater beaches. The MXT can't compare to the Racer 2 on wet saltwater sand. In "Deep Mode," it is at least 2.5" - 3" deeper. It is OVER 1-lbs lighter, and just an overall better machine. :skullflag:

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
I've been a Makro/Nokta fan since the Red Racer was released a couple of years ago. Prior to the Red Racer's release, I'd never heard of the companies. The Red Racer reviews started to come out, the price was right, I had to check it out for myself. It was every bit as good as the field testers reported and then some. It opened up sites that my F75 LTD2, Etrac, Omega, CZ70, etc., had stopped locating targets at.

Last year when the Racer2 was being released, I got one early on. I used it almost exclusively for 2016, and it paid for itself several times over in less then a years use (finding a 1916D key date mercury dime didn't hurt!).

Now I've added the Impact to my Turkish collection and it's a welcome addition. Having multiple frequencies on tap, in itself, has been a huge benefit to me at my sites.

Oh and I have had to deal with their customer service a couple of times, and I have to say they have the best customer service of any company I've used.

Can't wait to see what their next flagship detector offers :thumbsup:

hh,
Cal

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice review,

Thanks for taking the time to post it.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions