Posted this question on the whites forum

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I should of wrote" in the type of soil you hunt in"

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most serious nuggetshooters use Minelab SD, GP, GPX, and GPZ machines.

OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most serious nuggetshooters use Minelab SD, GP, GPX, and GPZ machines.

Not all serious prospectors have money to buy a minelab. What about the Nokta golden sense, infinium or TdI for starters?
I know minelab is best in the universe but my budget isn't there yet. Just want a machine in soil that my vlf wont

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy a used Minelab. All the others will just disappoint you in the end. You also need to go to a place that has nuggets to find - and that does not include Texas. Good Luck! :occasion14:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a gold hunter, but I do hunt civil war relics in varying ground conditions from good to really bad near the Culpeper, Va. are. I have owned several PI machines before my current GPX5000 and I totally agree with Terry. The GPX made my nail count drop dramatically and my "good find" count to go way up. Depth is not even comparable on anything else I have used. I do agree that the Minelabs are very expensive and not an option for everyone. I just tired of being "out gunned" by most of the guys I hunt with using their Minelabs. And as to the original question, I have hunted plenty of areas with my favorite VLF machines that seemed to be barren of good targets, only to return with the GPX and find plenty of targets not found previously because of a combination of extreme depth and ground mineralization. When a certain depth is reached, mineralization does not have to be extreme to greatly reduce the performance of most VLF machines. TDI, Infinium, etc. will improve your chances in bad ground over most VLF detectors but the GPX will put you in a league where only other GPX machines reside.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it not true that the Teknetics T2 was one of the biggest selling Gold detectors outside of the USA?

Here in NZ where a few dedicated hunters rock hop streams and creek beds use Fisher Gold Bugs (Pro & II) with relatively good results - This has also continued with the NEW units out of Turkey - Most of us are aware how well those Minelab PI units you mentioned Terry go, however they are not the best for clambering over rocks and streams but more suited to less rugged terrain - Also the price of them are relatively expensive compared to the alternatives today - Our gold here (NZ) is usually quite small so we tend to go with the likes of the GBII, Makro Gold & Nokta AU but the other VLF's out of Turkey also fear well at prospecting - I hope Nokta/Makro do bring out a PI however I am enjoying what they are doing with the VLF's and no doubt will continue to improve on those wonderful units -

OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it not true that the Teknetics T2 was one of the biggest selling Gold detectors outside of the USA?

Here in NZ where a few dedicated hunters rock hop streams and creek beds use Fisher Gold Bugs (Pro & II) with relatively good results - This has also continued with the NEW units out of Turkey - Most of us are aware how well those Minelab PI units you mentioned Terry go, however they are not the best for clambering over rocks and streams but more suited to less rugged terrain - Also the price of them are relatively expensive compared to the alternatives today - Our gold here (NZ) is usually quite small so we tend to go with the likes of the GBII, Makro Gold & Nokta AU but the other VLF's out of Turkey also fear well at prospecting - I hope Nokta/Makro do bring out a PI however I am enjoying what they are doing with the VLF's and no doubt will continue to improve on those wonderful units -

I thought the golden sense made by Nokta was a PI. I could be wrong but it's called a induction balance detector

OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What would really be cool is if Nokta would come out with a waterproof pi, something like the garrett Infinium and within the same price range but on a Whites TDI "type" of electronic platform, which I believe excels over the infinium, but using all of Noktas latest technology, and gear it towards a nugget hunting detector..
They could blow it out of the water. The infinium has been around for a long time that speaks volumes it's just a little antiquated for today's standards.

I don't know anything about the golden sense pi but that might be a good platform to start out with.
We just need something that's quiet in saltwater as it is in freshwater and in the goldfields.
Is that asking too much

Last edited:

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No prob, I would like to know more about it myself just not anything reported on it that I could find. Might need to call a Nokta rep.
It's definitely not a popular detector here in the states.

Hello there...my name is Dilek and I am the Sales & Marketing Manager. You can contact me with any questions at [email protected] and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread