Some Questions About The Nokt Relic

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just finished reading the owner's manual which is pretty well written, but I have a few questions to make sure that I'm clear about a few things. First are there 2 audio tone break point settings in the Di3 mode like there are in the Racer 2? Secondly, is the Fors Relic's Di2 and Di3 recovery speeds the same, slower or faster than the recovery speeds on the Nokta Fors CoRe's Di3 and Di2 modes? I know that there's a SWT mode that's faster, but that's not what I'm asking. Lastly, how does iMasking work differently than ID Masking?

The Nokta Fors Relic has sparked a lot of interest with me after talking with a forum member, reading the owner's manual and using the Nokta Fors CoRe a couple times out in the field and doing some testing with it. I've used enough different detectors and have detected enough hours to know that the Nokta Fors Relic is something special. I can't wait to get my hands a hold of one!

tabman

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can technically set the lower end of the mid tone with the ID mask by discriminating out everything up to the value you want. Starting the mid tone at that point, say 30 then set the upper tone break value to say 66 making everything that falls between 30 and 66 the mid tone. Everything above 66 the high tone. Everything below 30 would be silent. I try to run the Imask at a value of 0 when I can the less you can use the more depth you can get but the more ground noise you get. For highly mineralized ground the Imask can eliminate some of the feedback from the ground. As far as recovery compared to the Fors core I would say about the same maybe a little faster.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished reading the owner's manual which is pretty well written, but I have a few questions to make sure that I'm clear about a few things. First are there 2 audio tone break point settings in the Di3 mode like there are in the Racer 2? Secondly, is the Fors Relic's Di2 and Di3 recovery speeds the same, slower or faster than the recovery speeds on the Nokta Fors CoRe's Di3 and Di2 modes? I know that there's a SWT mode that's faster, but that's not what I'm asking. Lastly, how does iMasking work differently than ID Masking

The Nokta Fors Relic has sparked a lot of interest with me after talking with a forum member, reading the owner's manual and using the Nokta Fors CoRe a couple times out in the field and doing some testing with it. I've used enough different detectors and have detected enough hours to know that the Nokta Fors Relic is something special. I can't wait to get my hands a hold of one!

tabman

Nokta Relic has faster recovery.

Hotter on lead,,,and lower conductors.

Better separation in iron and nails.

Has adjustable tone break settings.

For the toughest of sites,,,Relic detector outperforms FORS CoRe.

Quality of coils,,,between the 2 detectors,,,both top notch in construction.

Relic detector better handler of minerals too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread