This Forum Really Sucks!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Patience grasshopper. The advice you seek is for a youngster in the metal detecting world. It takes time to build a following. I see you list many machines. It begs the question. Are you a user of many but a master of none?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Patience grasshopper. The advice you seek is for a youngster in the metal detecting world. It takes time to build a following. I see you list many machines. It begs the question. Are you a user of many but a master of none?

You must have had a brain fart, or you didn't read the entire thread. Go back and read post #13.

Do you own or have you ever owned a Nokta or Makro detector? Tell us about them and your experience using them.

tabman

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the non believers.

I have a site,,,I've deemed my detector proving grounds site,,,very old site with loads of iron and nails,,shallower and deeper.

I have put countless hours in this site,,,it measures approx 60ft by 60ft,,,with a big ole elm tree at one end of site.

I've pounded with Minelab CTX stock coil, etrac,,,stock,,and smaller coils,,Deus both 9" and 11" coils,,Makro Racer 1 with smallest coil,,Makro Racer 2 with smallest Racer 1 coil, Fisher F75 with smaller coil.

Tons of hours,multiple hunts,,,Every time I get a new detector,,,thi is where it goes,,just to see how it does,,handles the iron and nails and can it sneak something out.

This above has happened over the last 5 plus years.

Well,,I got me a Nokta relic detector,,,put the small coil on and went back to this site.
Since that the relic detector was new to me,,,I opted for using 3 tone,,,did find a couple smaller nonferrous finds.
Well,,the next time,, I go back and since I was more familiar with relic detector,,,I opted to use 2 tone this time.
Two tone is generally deeper than 3 tone btw.

I hunted the site for a while,,and I had done decided any target I got a hit on,,or was suspicious,,,I would toggle back to 3 tone and listen.

Well I get this target hit,,pretty good hit too,,when I went to 3 tone,,,what I heard then I never would have dug.
At about 6" out comes what is in the pic below.

This is my oldest us coin to date I've dug. Granted it is a contemporary (fake) capped bust dime,,,still a worthy find,,and if in good condition,,would fetch a good price.

This coin was there the whole time,, hiding.

No telling how may passes of coils I had made over this coin in the lat 5 plus years.

Was it a coincidence I found with Nokta relic detector vs the others?
I don't think so.
I have other worthy finds that I have found using Nokta Core unit,,Makro Racer 1 and 2.
These detectors are for real folks.

The key is getting a detector with unique abilities into sites where they can perform these abilities.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnsharpshooter is telling you right, these detectors are not a bunch of hype, they're the real deal. The worst the masking the better these detectors shine.

tabman

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It goes like this. For separation in iron and nails.
Deus is very good,,,but smallest coil is 9".
To use a Nokta CoRe, Makro racer 1 and 2,..these are getting into some place here not seen before separation wise,,then up the ante,,Nokta relic detector,,it can even go behind Core, Racer 1 and 2 and make finds they can't.
Could the ante be upped again with separation??
Time will tell.

I will gladly hunt behind anyone in a site loaded with iron using the above,,,and they using something else.

Been there and done that.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For the non believers.

I have a site,,,I've deemed my detector proving grounds site,,,very old site with loads of iron and nails,,shallower and deeper.

I have put countless hours in this site,,,it measures approx 60ft by 60ft,,,with a big ole elm tree at one end of site.

I've pounded with Minelab CTX stock coil, etrac,,,stock,,and smaller coils,,Deus both 9" and 11" coils,,Makro Racer 1 with smallest coil,,Makro Racer 2 with smallest Racer 1 coil, Fisher F75 with smaller coil.

Tons of hours,multiple hunts,,,Every time I get a new detector,,,thi is where it goes,,just to see how it does,,handles the iron and nails and can it sneak something out.

This above has happened over the last 5 plus years.

Well,,I got me a Nokta relic detector,,,put the small coil on and went back to this site.
Since that the relic detector was new to me,,,I opted for using 3 tone,,,did find a couple smaller nonferrous finds.
Well,,the next time,, I go back and since I was more familiar with relic detector,,,I opted to use 2 tone this time.
Two tone is generally deeper than 3 tone btw.

I hunted the site for a while,,and I had done decided any target I got a hit on,,or was suspicious,,,I would toggle back to 3 tone and listen.

Well I get this target hit,,pretty good hit too,,when I went to 3 tone,,,what I heard then I never would have dug.
At about 6" out comes what is in the pic below.

This is my oldest us coin to date I've dug. Granted it is a contemporary (fake) capped bust dime,,,still a worthy find,,and if in good condition,,would fetch a good price.

This coin was there the whole time,, hiding.

No telling how may passes of coils I had made over this coin in the lat 5 plus years.

Was it a coincidence I found with Nokta relic detector vs the others?
I don't think so.
I have other worthy finds that I have found using Nokta Core unit,,Makro Racer 1 and 2.
These detectors are for real folks.

The key is getting a detector with unique abilities into sites where they can perform these abilities.

I too have a very old site 1/4 mile across the road from my house/showroom,where i sold detectors and tested all of them
i must have tested over 25 detectors at this site when in Business ....bottom to top of the line 1991-1998 and all i have bought since then,maybe 8 more.
I can find very little there now.if the Relic finds over 3 nonferrous items in my first test i will be very impressed.
Been snowing and very low temps 16 degrees today and 5" of fresh snow and still coming so all i can do is inside.
Gary

Last edited:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,
I look forward to your results. I also think you will be impressed. I have been in other sites too with Nokta relic detector,,sites busted hard. And the same thing happened,,,more nonferrous finds surfaced. Coil position on these targets,,critical,,,since they seem to be masked real well. Even clean hits will be gotten,,,there will be more iffy targets too. These very hard to describe,,and while going afte these,,a person can dig some ferrous targets. But even myself,,a 50 percent success rate here to me is good. At least the detector is giving me more of a hunch of maybe something nonferrous to dig.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GAP, no doubt in my mind you will hit some more nonferrous in there with the Relic. Got the Relic in my yard (was a CW hospital site), have pulled many targets from here over the years with various units and then it seemed to have played out. Hit the test garden with the Relic and then went through the front yard in one of the trashier locations with the small coil and pulled more. Thunderdome also got the Relic and was here that day and he too pulled keepers with one being a nice button.

Sharpshooter and I hunt a location once or twice a year that is this way and it made that spot come alive again. Have fun

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
by the way, used Di2 in that location and when your done go back in Di3 or the other way a round. Have done this in my other spots and pull more.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by the way, used Di2 in that location and when your done go back in Di3 or the other way a round. Have done this in my other spots and pull more.

Excellent advice here Tom.
Almost like having 2 detectors in one,,the way the 2 modes work.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw, 3 ringer (Tom),,, we might have to hit the site we hunted before again. Need to let wait though for things to happen.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just let me know when. After swinging the Relic for a while now, I would like us three to get back to the old house site. With what we've learned it would surely aid in what we could pull from the layers of junk in there.

Need to get with you to learn more about (when, why and where) reference to two of the settings. Still have not been able to figure it out. Not to hijack...I'll start another thread or shoot ya a PM. We can post what we find to help others if it works out.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom,
If you have a big square nail,,hold on to it. Actually try to get some square nails of various sizes. To do some checks with,,,,,,also get some modern nails of various sizes too.
We will be comparing them,,in a few arrangements.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo Tabman. I am a newbie to this forum thing. I have been a Red Racer 1 owner for over a year now & just this week received my Racer 2 Pro Package & Makro wireless headset. I own several quality aftermarket and Makro coils for my machines. Nel Snake & Tornado, Mars Tiger, Stock Makro coils 4.5 x 5, 5.5.x 10, & 7 x 11. I don't own the 13 x 15 GIANT coil because frankly I don't want to damage my shoulder swinging a skillet. It's still cold here in North Central Illinois but, I plan on getting out a lot real soon with my Makro Racer 2 using my whole arsenal of coils on various types of terrain. I will offer any information on my results that may be helpful. I spend lot's of off time scouring YouTube watching videos pertaining to the model of machine I plan on using for tips, settings, etc. I hope you find this encouraging if not helpful. Bottom line is we can get all the advice and tips we want but, nothing beats hours of swing time with the machine we are currently learning. Get after it mate. Peace.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wise words and truth spoken here. I'd also add that daily conditions to the terrain are constantly changing and one day may not produce a solid hit on a desired object but, in time the object moves just enough to register that solid hit. Like they say a sight is never completely hunted out. I own several machine and don't claim to be a master with any of them. I am always learning and compiling data from other users to assist me in the process of figuring out my machines. In a way my favorite machine is my Whites M6 Matrix. There's not much to learn with that machine. Turn it on & go. Keep it simple stupid settings with wonderful tones that have found me a lot of wonderful recoveries.

Then my curiosity gets me into more complex machines with a multitude of settings and I do the best I can to figure them out for where I am hunting. I have found YouTube very helpful for learning specific machines and settings for my machines. I also get suggested program cards off E-bay from a chap over in the UK to get me in the ballpark for various conditions. I am new here on the forum but, hope to become an asset for others if not just a source of encouragement for this wonderful sport. It's cold as heck here today but, I have a lead from another detectorist on an old sight where they are clearing the trees and have disturbed a lot of sod. Civil war era one room school house spot. Gotta' get on it to see what may have been uncovered. Peace.

Sondog

Greenie
Feb 19, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta Fors Relic, Makro Red Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I just bought a Relic a few minutes ago from a member here, so I obviously don't have it yet..... But I'll be hanging out here now... Looking forward to the new machine.....

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I just bought a Relic a few minutes ago from a member here, so I obviously don't have it yet..... But I'll be hanging out here now... Looking forward to the new machine.....

Nice detector in and around iron and nails.

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously... is this thread a joke? I've seen nothing but amazingly helpful people on here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions