I Have A Nokta Fors Relic Heading My Way

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got some places that I want to give the 5 inch search coil a try. There's no doubt in my mind that I'll find silver coins with it the first time out. Any takers that I won't? :laughing7: I'd better get busy reading the user's manual so I'll be ready to go when the detector gets here.

Any tips on how to best set it up for coin hunting will be much appreciated.

I'm going to keep the Nokta Fors Core long enough to do some side by side comparisons.

tabman

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was going to hit a trashy site for coins and was going to be using the 5in coil, I would start off in 3 tone, ID MASK of about 5(adjust for conditions), iron volume of about 3, tone break of 65 (to make sure to high tone indians, Imask of 0 if u can, adjust up if needed for ground noise. If the site is not overly trashy, try 2 tone and dpt mode for more depth. Run the sensitivity in 3 tone as high as you can go, probably 99 and 2 tone 50 to 60 will do. Call me and let me know how it goes:)

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Welgund! I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I just know that I'm going to really like the Nokta Fors Relic from what I've been reading.

tabman

Sarge38624

Nov 28, 2015
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tabman, did you find one in stock somewhere? I ordered from Kellyco and they said the relics were currently waiting to clear customs.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tabman, did you find one in stock somewhere? I ordered from Kellyco and they said the relics were currently waiting to clear customs.

Yes I found the same exact package deal that Kellyco is offering, except mine is around a month old and I got it for a lot less money. It still has lots of warranty left. It should be here in a day or two.

tabman

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welgund's advice here very good.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welgund's advice here very good.

Yes his advice sure has been helpful with both the Nokta Fors CoRe and Nokta Fors Relic. I've lost count on how many silver coins that I have found with the CoRe even though I've only had it for a short while. I've posted numerous hunts in 'Today's Finds' using the CoRe. I hope that I like the Relic even better. I didn't care for the Racer 2. Not that it's bad, I just didn't like how it balanced and I think that the CoRe is just a better detector overall.

tabman

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same dilemma deciding between the CORE and the Racer 2. I decided to keep my COREs, i love the balance of the machine and its stability. I hope to hear your feedback on the RELIC.

SteveM70

Jan 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please excuse the newbie question but does the Relic do everything the CoRe will do plus more or are there certain, different areas where they both shine?

CoRe=coin and relic

Relic=well, relic

Maybe I'm just getting too hung up on the names but I have developed a huge interest in both of these detectors after much research the last few days and many people with the Relic seem to be mainly coin hunting so I'm taking it works well for that but, as well as the CoRe?:icon_scratch:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The core is an excellent coin machine. It runs at at a lower khz than the Relic, more suited for all purpose detecting. In a trash filled environment with old discarded iron, nails, flat tin etc the Relic will outperform the Core. It's seperation and unmasking ability is better than the Core in this environment. The Relic has two more search modes, swift and deep modes for added tools for relic hunting. I prefer the Relic over the Core for the type of hunting I do but the Core makes a fine choice for general all purpose detecting.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got to see how the Nokta Fors Core, Fors Relic and F75DST handled EMI at a site today. I'm very impressed with the Fors Relic.

LINK

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman perform an airtest on the Relic at high gain as you can without objectionable EMI on nickels dime and quarter. Curious as to how it compares to the Core. Mine airtest out to 13-14" at 90 gain DI2 mask 10 on a nickel as well as my soil. Enjoy the Relic

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same dilemma deciding between the CORE and the Racer 2. I decided to keep my COREs, i love the balance of the machine and its stability. I hope to hear your feedback on the RELIC.

The Relic is the better detector for a few reasons, BUT if I had to do it over again, I'd probably be just as happy with CoRe with the type detecting that I do and would have kept more cash in my pocket. On the other hand, if I didn't own a CoRe and was going to pick between the two I'd choose the Relic.

They'll both excellent detectors and do a great job at unmasking targets. It's too bad that the Racer 2 is too nose heavy with the larger search coil. I got rid of the Racer 2 in a hurry just because of that, so I didn't get a lot of time in the field with it. However, I could be wrong, but it seems to me that both the CoRe and Relic seem to run smoother and have faster recovery speeds than the Racer.

I was told some good info by Welgund to set the tone break on the Relic at 65 so I wouldn't miss any Indian Head pennies. Guess what? The CoRe doesn't have a tone break feature in Di3, however the fixed tone break is already factory set to accept Indian Head pennies. The VDI numbers are more spread out in the upper conductivity range on the Relic than they are on the CoRe, but it really doesn't matter all that much IF you're digging all high audio tones when looking for silver coins. Which you should if they're deep or partially masked!

SouthFLdigger you made a wise decision to keep the CoRe. I found a lot of silver coins with it. Since I don't really need both the Relic and CoRe, I'll be trading or selling the CoRe so I can give something else a try, unless someone can give me a good reason not to.

I love trying different detectors. I'm very impressed with the Nokta/Makro brand of detectors. I'd love give the Impact a try and give an honest opinion about it.

tabman

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great brief review Tabman, i find the CORE to be a heck of an improvement over the G2 and T2 i had not too long ago. The CORE does indeed work in all terrain. Imagine such a machine in a waterproof package (Impact), they will sell quite a number of them ! DI3 is my mode of choice here for medium depth items. My strategy revolves around first hitting a site of particular importance but high modern trash with the Gamma 6000 8" coil, clear non-ferrous modern trash . 2nd wave is the CORE clear remaining items and isolate deeper non-ferrous items DI3, then DI2. 3rd wave involves the deep slow pokes, my Safari. I think ill stick with my CORE untils until the Impact debuts and is tested for bugs.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought Nokta said the Impact would not be waterproof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the relic!!
It is one nice machine. Consider picking up the 5.5x10 coil for it. Best of both worlds... 10 of ground coverage, but 5.5 for great separation.
But all the coils are great and overall the machine is great. That and my racer 2 (same set of coils) are some really nice machines.
I have to spend more time with them once the weather warms but had a couple good weeks with them before the ground froze lol

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Relic Tabman. Yea if you get a chance try the 5.5x10, sweet coil to have for sure. That and the 5 are the main ones I use due to where and why I run the Relic.

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought Nokta said the Impact would not be waterproof?

Yes, Dilek of Nokta has said the Impact will not have a waterproof control box. She also said they
are working on a waterproof machine, but that's in the longer term, not immediate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread