Nokta FORS CoRe info

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These test were performed almost 2 years ago.

Might help some folks out.

I did some comparisons using the Nokta FORS CoRe with stock coil over a 10" nickel in 4Fe bar soil. I left ID mask set to level 10 throughout the test and a pumping ground balance was used.

In DI2 good tone was achieved with sensitivity settings adjusted from 75-97. (note) I didn't try any sensitivity settings outside of this range.
Nickel was loud and clear, sweep speed not overly critical. Coil height very critical imo.
TID reporting in the window. At sensitivity setting 75, good tone, no TID whatsoever even with many multiple sweeps.
At sensitivity level 80, good tone, TID was sporadic coming in the window, with many multiple sweeps.
At sensitivity level 85, good tone, TID was reported on each and every sweep.

In DI3 good tone was achieved with sensitivity levels 80-99. I did try 75, tone weak/broken. But with noted sensitivity settings again sweep speed not overly critical, and again coil height very critical.
At sensitivity level 80, good tone, TID not reported in window, even with many multiple sweeps.
At sensitivity level 85, good tone, TID reported in window, with all multiple sweeps.
At sensitivity level 99, good tone, TID reported in window, with all multiple sweeps.

Now I didn't comment on the accuracy of the TID, when it was reported. I will say though, because of the depth of the nickel in 4 fe bar soil seemed to cause the CoRe unit to up average, lots of times 90 plus readings were observed.

With better soil and or less depth better/more accurate TID may have been achieved.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread