Nokta Impact info from tester

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks I am a tester of the detector. I have been giving greenlight to talk about the detector.
It is likely the manufacturers representative will be also giving information concerning the Impact detector in coming days.

For folks interested,,,I have already posted info,,and some pics in the following thread.

I will also try to answer the questions I can about the detector.

There is lots to talk about concerning this detector.

So we will all learn together here.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=243135

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting changes to the new detector.
Glad they got the speaker off the ground and enclosed the coil cable. I like how it exits the shaft neatly near the coil.
As with the Racer models....love the use of the AA batteries.
Looks like it has a rubber over-molded handle...like that better than the high density foam.
Still not a big fan on having the speaker pointed towards the ground.
Hopefully they have modified the speaker jack plug so it actually stays plugged in?

I'm new to detectors with digital target ID. When you say "windshield wiper target ID", you are meaning that you get different target ID #'s depending on what direction you swing the coil?

I have noticed that the Gold Racer does this some times in ALL METAL. I have found that if I switch to DISC mode, I will get an accurate steady number regardless of which direction I sweep the coil.
This has been my standard practice to detect using ALL METAL and use the Target ID given in DISC mode to decide to dig or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting changes to the new detector.
Glad they got the speaker off the ground and enclosed the coil cable. I like how it exits the shaft neatly near the coil.
As with the Racer models....love the use of the AA batteries.
Looks like it has a rubber over-molded handle...like that better than the high density foam.
Still not a big fan on having the speaker pointed towards the ground.
Hopefully they have modified the speaker jack plug so it actually stays plugged in?

I'm new to detectors with digital target ID. When you say "windshield wiper target ID", you are meaning that you get different target ID #'s depending on what direction you swing the coil?

I have noticed that the Gold Racer does this some times in ALL METAL. I have found that if I switch to DISC mode, I will get an accurate steady number regardless of which direction I sweep the coil.
This has been my standard practice to detect using ALL METAL and use the Target ID given in DISC mode to decide to dig or not.

When I say windshield wiping ID,,this means as the coil passes over the ID can ramp up and let down with coil pass,,or go up some and down. Can happen over iron,,and nails with detectors,,even very good separating in iron detectors. But a detector,,a good separator,,will also do this on nonferrous targets sometimes that have iron/steel as part of like,,,pocket knives,,shotgun shell hulls,,brass centerfire cartridges. There are more,,even many targets many folks are not aware of.
Now some detectors,,especially the not good good a separators,,they may detect a shotgun shell hull for example,,,but provide no tone or ID indications of the steel primer that still exists. Granted the orientation of shotgun hull in this example can affect. But I notice this Impact detector,,,with its extreme separating abilities.,,seems to see the iron or steel that can be part of some finds in the wild.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a you tube video on the Impact shows a little about it. It is a nice looking detector some new things on it not on any other detector brand.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a you tube video on the Impact shows a little about it. It is a nice looking detector some new things on it not on any other detector brand.

so its not a $200 T2 copy then? - pmsl -:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread