Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
No, a multi-freq machine sucks for gold prospecting. I'm more than a little surprised youb were not aware of that. :skullflag:
Terry i do not think it is multi freq like the Safari i think it means it is like the X Terra detectors where on the XTerras you change coils. On the Impact you just change the freq. with a button on the detector from 5 to 14 0r 20.. sort of like the Minelab Eureka Gold.. BUT then i could be wrong i do not know but that is how i see it .

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry i do not think it is multi freq like the Safari i think it means it is like the X Terra detectors where on the XTerras you change coils. On the Impact you just change the freq. with a button on the detector from 5 to 14 0r 20.. sort of like the Minelab Eureka Gold.. BUT then i could be wrong i do not know but that is how i see it .

Thank's Kepp! I've executed a lot of brain cells over the years, so I appreciate the shove in the right direction. :occasion14:

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, from what I understand, it uses only one frequency at a time, either 5, 14, or 20 kHz. All coils support
all three frequencies. You select the frequency by making a couple of button pushes on the control box.

CCadrin

Mar 24, 2008
I've read the weight with batteries and coil is 4.2 to 4.3 pounds and is well balance. For comparison, my Minelab CTX is 5.3 pounds.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
- it appears to me that in this case, the more information you give them, the more confused they become -

I had a lot of respect for some of the legendary posters, until now -

JeremiahEdward

Aug 7, 2016
Williamsport, Pa
Detector(s) used
Nokta Velox One, Makro Racer(Red), Garret AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have pre-ordered an Impact on eBay. Does anyone know when a manual will be available or even some videos showing the Impact in action?? I've never pre-ordered anything before and I would like to know I made the right choice.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, eBay is running 10% eBux (you have to be signed up for eBay promotions and ads to get them) and the Impact is eligible, so $99 eBux back if you buy the large package. Not bad. Only bugaboo about preordering through eBay is if the shipment gets delayed, for some reason, beyond 6 months, then you have no recourse.

Donsell

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2017
Lincoln, Ne
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have pre-ordered an Impact on eBay. Does anyone know when a manual will be available or even some videos showing the Impact in action?? I've never pre-ordered anything before and I would like to know I made the right choice.

The Hoover Boys just released a first look video:

Not much, but looks good so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread