So how hard is Impact detector to operate??

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some folks may be looking at this detector,,and notice all the different modes,,thinking this detector could be too complicated for them.

Well, it is only as complicated as you want to make it.

For many folks even beginners,,,you may only use a few modes,,and as your experience or skills develop,,,using some of the other modes,,,you'll eventually try.

There are 2 modes on the detector that are very simple to operate,and will get you up and running finding things .

The DI99 mode is a third mode,,I feel will also get a person digging treasure in short order.

This detector even with factory default gain settings is a worthy performer.

With the menu system,,,and the ability to save your settings,,hard to get lost,,,,when you first arrive at your site and are beginning to hunt. Detector also provides a simple way to revert back to factory default settings if a person desires,,or gets confused.

Saying all this,,yes some experience with using the detector will definlitely be necessary to reach the maximum to near maximum capabilities of using this detector for overall performance while in the field.

Also,,having both the stock and smaller coils for this detector will definitely open up your overall detecting potential with this device.

I also feel should a beginner consider this detector,,,having the smallest coil attached,,will provide an overall faster learning curve.

Heck,,I got some experience,,it even helped me.

I would like to get this mid sized coil and give it a go.

Folks should also realize,,and beginners follow closely hear,,,the manufacturer added to this detector,,,a feature that normalizes target identification,,,meaning say a coin,,like a dime,, will read the same ID or vdi even in all frequencies. So for the folks who want less to keep up with say coin ID wise,,this will help you.

Also,,,for those who may be timid when it comes to the Internet update able capabilities this detector possesses,,,if after the manufacturer get the process set up on their website,,,,if this process developed,,,is anything like the process I have been subjected to as a tester--- very easy to do.
If a person can read,,they should be able to accomplish.

A person not having a computer,,,and is wanting to purchase this detector,,,all you need is a friend or relative that has a computer,,,and you can do update if needed using theirs.

Folks will be supplied the needed cable to perform update using computer.

I feel like I am a good person here to say what I have here about this detector.
Why?
Guess what my first detector was??
A White's V3i detector.
And my second detector was Minelab etrac.

So I have some experience here to draw on,,,when addressing this detector for beginners.

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
hiya tnss! Its good to hear from you!

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear from you too.
This Impact detector,,,been getting a lot of my time lately.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Users of this detector,,,experience detectorist as well as beginners,,,as far as using all non all metal modes(( modes like for example di2, di3,di4, di99),,the hardest thing to accomplish settings wise is using notch filter or simply notch.

This feature will allow a user to knock out undesirable targets,,,user first needs to know how these unwanted targets respond ID wise. But using notch feature,,,will take a little practice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel many times it is the folks with no or lesser experience who get left out when talking about a detector or addressing its overall operational characteristics.

I may very well be the least experienced person (6 years detecting experience total),. that the manufacturer provided a unit to test.

But I have detected a lot, done several test when using a lot of detectors,,,most of which are the higher priced and in a lot of cases higher performing detectors.

I have been retired too during this 6 year period ,,,so I am far from being say a week end warrior with detector use.

I just want folks to know this here on this forum.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a question,,I should ask here,,since the manufacturer's rep frequents.

I would be willing to show this detector to anyone interested who lives close to me,,,if granted authorized permission by Dilek.
I have been given permission already to talk about detector.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a question,,I should ask here,,since the manufacturer's rep frequents.

I would be willing to show this detector to anyone interested who lives close to me,,,if granted authorized permission by Dilek.
I have been given permission already to talk about detector.

Not a problem at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread