Finally decided on a detector!

Jwilson534

Mar 2, 2017
Southeast ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after long consideration and lots of watching videos and reading forum post and talking with some of you, I got it down to the AT Pro or the Nokta Relic. Where I live is a very historical area so I wanted something with depth so I will be ordering myself the Nokta Relic. I'm very excited about it since this is my first detector. Hope it works out for what I want!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good for you
now try to be patient, it usually takes a while to find the good stuff

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used one and don't personally know anyone who has, but that all amounts to nothing really.

I hope it works out for you, and can't wait to hear about your finds.

Good luck.

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! Post up some finds! Good luck[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you mate. I've become a Nokta=Makro fanboy since I got the Red Racer 1 over a year ago. Just received the Racer 2 Pro Package from Turkey & wireless Makro headset so I am itching to get out and learn my new setup. I can't speak for the Nokta Relic specifically but, my research tells me there's not a better company for service and pushing the envelope into developing new technology and upgrading their fleet of offerings for this wonderful sport. Train your ears mate and dig everything until you understand the language of your Nokta Relic. I know it will produce the goods at respectable depth. Peace.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you mate. I've become a Nokta=Makro fanboy since I got the Red Racer 1 over a year ago. Just received the Racer 2 Pro Package from Turkey & wireless Makro headset so I am itching to get out and learn my new setup. I can't speak for the Nokta Relic specifically but, my research tells me there's not a better company for service and pushing the envelope into developing new technology and upgrading their fleet of offerings for this wonderful sport. Train your ears mate and dig everything until you understand the language of your Nokta Relic. I know it will produce the goods at respectable depth. Peace.

Congrats on your Makro Racer 2 purchase...I've owned one for over a yearand LOVE it...would not part with it EVER.

Matt

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'll like the relic. The swt (swift) mode works really well in trash. But any mode does with it.
It has 6 modes and deep mode is deep.
Well they all are. The 5" coil will come in very handy for trashy areas too.
My favorite for now is the 5.5x10 DD elliptical, but I just ordered the fors gold+ 5.5x10 concentric (same frequency as relic so they work) and I have high hopes for it!!!

Just take your time, download the manual PDF off noktadetectors website and read it over and over until it arrives so you're not totally in the dark. Especially how to save your settings once you find what you like. That way you don't have to set them all the time. Once you find what you like for each mode you can save it.
Also about the different modes.
I like di3 for most of my hunting but all the rest are 2 tone modes.
You can change the tone break and stuff too.

It's a nice detector. Don't get overwhelmed and just read up and the more you learn the more you'll know.

Best of luck and be sure to post your progress!!

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So after long consideration and lots of watching videos and reading forum post and talking with some of you, I got it down to the AT Pro or the Nokta Relic. Where I live is a very historical area so I wanted something with depth so I will be ordering myself the Nokta Relic. I'm very excited about it since this is my first detector. Hope it works out for what I want!

If you've never detected before, do yourself a favor and plant a coin garden in your back yard if you can. Space the coins at least a foot apart and make sure there is no hidden trash like nails nearby.
Plant a dime about 6 inches deep, a quarter about 8 inches deep, a penny about 6 inches deep and so on. Bury them.
And then plant a dime about 6 inches in a hole with a rusty iron nail. Bury it. Make a map of where each coin is.
Maybe also bury a quarter at 10 inches, one at 12 inches and get your detector to be set up to detect them.
If you have any gold coins do the same but put them in a baggie.
Things are a little different in the ground than just doing air tests.

Last edited:

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you'll like the relic. The swt (swift) mode works really well in trash. But any mode does with it.
It has 6 modes and deep mode is deep.
Well they all are. The 5" coil will come in very handy for trashy areas too.
My favorite for now is the 5.5x10 DD elliptical, but I just ordered the fors gold+ 5.5x10 concentric (same frequency as relic so they work) and I have high hopes for it!!!

Just take your time, download the manual PDF off noktadetectors website and read it over and over until it arrives so you're not totally in the dark. Especially how to save your settings once you find what you like. That way you don't have to set them all the time. Once you find what you like for each mode you can save it.
Also about the different modes.
I like di3 for most of my hunting but all the rest are 2 tone modes.
You can change the tone break and stuff too.

It's a nice detector. Don't get overwhelmed and just read up and the more you learn the more you'll know.

Best of luck and be sure to post your progress!!

Hey Stefan, let us know how your concentric works out in relation to the dd coil. Please? :-)

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooooo......
How do you like the relic???
Let us know!!!
It's definitely a deep machine!!
Look forward to your update on your thoughts !

Alecoman

Mar 14, 2017
Sandnes/NORWAY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KURIOU1
Do the headphones have the little white dot and a input for a 3.5mm (1/8") jack ?
If you got the white dot then they are compatible for the Impact and if they got the jack input ..then you can still use them if your battery should run out on them by going wired to the Racer 2 ;)

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KURIOU1
Do the headphones have the little white dot and a input for a 3.5mm (1/8") jack ?
If you got the white dot then they are compatible for the Impact and if they got the jack input ..then you can still use them if your battery should run out on them by going wired to the Racer 2 ;)

Yes, they are the Makro Racer 2 standard headphones. I hope to never have to use the cable but, it does have the 1/8th inch jack in case they power down. I absolutely love wireless detecting. No hassle cables to step on and trip over yanking my headphones off. Picked them up on Flebay for a nice bargain.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jwilson534 Hey buddy, you still with us? Did you get your Nokta Relic? How's it working for you? Crickets?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread