Nokta Impacts Shipped! So what's going on out there?

CCadrin

Mar 24, 2008
Not yet. I ordered mine from Kellyco the day after the announcement.

I did see that Nokta started to ship to distributors on March 23rd.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reviews on you tube were ok. But nothing mind blowing....except the 9 hour battery life and 4lbs... Then again , say anything negative and that woman from makro will tell you off in the next post...

Hello - The woman from Makro (I) has a name - Dilek. I have the highest respect for members and customers. Everybody is free to think and feel as they wish about our products and company. I never get involved in conversations regarding the performance of our products as it is up to the customers to decide - UNLESS any inaccurate info is provided OR we believe that the post is misleading the other readers. Please show me the post where in your terms I ''told off'' anybody.

PS - The battery will last 9-17 hours depending on the frequency used and other factors. Yes, the weight is 4lbs but it is not all about the weight but also the balance and ergonomics of a detector.

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Hello - The woman from Makro (I) has a name - Dilek. I have the highest respect for members and customers. Everybody is free to think and feel as they wish about our products and company. I never get involved in conversations regarding the performance of our products as it is up to the customers to decide - UNLESS any inaccurate info is provided OR we believe that the post is misleading the other readers. Please show me the post where in your terms I ''told off'' anybody.

PS - The battery will last 9-17 hours depending on the frequency used and other factors. Yes, the weight is 4lbs but it is not all about the weight but also the balance and ergonomics of a detector.

FANTASTIC! LOL

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see how that snarky comment from snorks was warranted.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snorks:
Dilek simply asked that you, "Please show me the post where in your terms I ''told off'' anybody."

Why won't you provide this info?

Alecoman

Mar 14, 2017
Sandnes/NORWAY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snorks.. I think It was more of a disrespect comment about Dilek .. then about the Impact it self when you wrote, she will tell you off.

I think having someone from Nokta present on the forum help clarify and guide some of us with this new machine and our questions.
It is something of a big brother if you like .. But they are doing it in a positive way for the consumer .. they really dont need to do anything and be like the other manufacturers out there .. This little extra has won them this new costumer.
I have already gotten all my questions answers personally from Dilek and her team.

Now you tell me which other manufacturers actually takes the time these days after you have payed and bought their product.
No one is twisting your arm buying a product & you can always change channel Snorks.

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you think I knew she would respond? Because she does on EVERY OTHER Nokta impact thread!

In post #3 I stated...

It weighs 4 pounds..... this statement is TRUE.... yet she had to TELL ME OFF by correcting me " it about the balance and ergonomics". I NEVER SAID IT WAS POORLY BALANCED!!!! I never said it was unergonomic!! Why correct my post? Because she is pushing the machine.

I got the 9 hour battery life from a you tube video made by one of her non misleading "testers". The statement is true!! But yet she had to correct me. Again pushing the machine.

I also said she would reply shortly to tell me off... CORRECT!

This is NOT the makro/ nokta website. They have thier own forum!! Thats where people go to talk with Nokta about thier detectors. This is Treasure Net... not Makro net.
This is where enthusiasts discuss machines.
I find the responses more like that of a self appointed moderator.
Manufacturers can and do learn alot about reading conversation. Cutting off conversation and moderating normal forum chat is a poor way to conduct market research.
LET THE PRODUCT SPEAK FOR ITSELF!!!! If its that great why keep pushing it?

You are sending a test unit to a guy that started detecting 10 MONTHS AGO !!!!

Please tell me you are kidding. The way you present yourself is why she answered the way she did. You did indeed only state in your comment that the battery life is 9 hours. If it's actually 9-17 like shes saying (i think shed know) then of course she's going to comment. How is that wrong?? Shes not telling anyone straight up to go buy it, but I dont blame her for wanting to clear something up of she feels the need to do so.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snorks, I don't consider that you were being "Told Off". I think you were being set straight by being told the facts, not the half truths you were posting. Being "Told Off" is more like "You have your head where the sun don't shine."

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one appreciate someone representing the manufacturer engaging users within the brands forum.

I was able to get an immediate response to a problem I was having, as well as an immediate resolution. That all came directly via. this forum.

It's also good for people that actually own and use the detectors to chime in and voice their gripes...and if your blowing smoke or complaining just for the sake of doing it, someone is there to clarify. It's a fine line to walk, but I have not seen a problem yet.

Last edited:

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one appreciate someone representing the manufacturer engaging users within the brands forum.

I was able to get an immediate response to a problem I was having, as well as an immediate resolution. That all came directly via. this forum.

:icon_thumleft:

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snorks you're posts are the ones that are "spun". They're spun negatively. You exclude specific details on purpose.

Dilek did not correct your post whatsoever. She clarified the details you conveniently left out in your description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dwiniger

Dwiniger

Mar 12, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate it when mommy and daddy fight....

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it was True! The customers are unable to decide because you always chime in to push the product! I didnt even say anything negative ....and .... in chimes Dilek! like every other nokta impact thread. Makros Helicopter parent.Everyone goes on about freedom and liberty....until you actually exercise it.
Some Nokta impact testers on other forums claim that the impact is 1-2mm deeper than certain machines!!?? Yet Dilek, you dont interfere? Please tell me how your testers know that in real life testing the impact is 1 or 2 mm deeper than other machines?
Isnt that misleading? Didnt you mislead the public last year with the release date?
But carry on responding until you feel youve "won".
I like the Nokta pinpointer, but your attitude and big brother presence has put me off your products for life.
I am not aware of other manufacturers activley engaging on forums with the buying public but it seems petty and unprofessional.

Dear Snorks, I chime in only when I think the information given on our products could be misleading.
When you write the battery life is 9hrs - members reading this comment may think that this is the maximum where in fact it is the minimum.
Now, regarding the testers' comments - I really do not know how many more times I will need to explain this but I will not give up, as customers deserve all my time and efforts - testers were picked to provide us with feedbacks so we could make all the necessary updates before the product release - which we did: Coil cable / lower shaft / handle were modifed as well 11 updates were made on the software before release! They are totally free in terms of sharing / not sharing their feedbacks and results regarding the product.

Please explain to me how we ''misled'' the public with the release date? We were planning to launch it in 2016 and we released it in 2017. This is simply called ''engineering'' and ''manufacturing''. During development, a manufacturer comes across so many unexpected factors (including feedbacks from users and testers) that can throw off your initial planned date - we preferred to launch it later than sooner with minimum risks and more features that the customers had asked for during the development stages. If you think, this is a guilt - then you are free to blame us and I will gladly accept it.

Now, when it comes to my presence on the forums - this is a point some may appreciate, some may not. I am only here to support customers and answer their questions and to make sure that the members get the first hand information.

Snorks - believe me, I am on your side - I am not here to make any claims or convince anybody - you are all free to feel as you wish. Although, we are thousands of miles away from you guys, I am here if you need any help.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are sending a test unit to a guy that started detecting 10 MONTHS AGO !!!![/QUOTE]

Here are the testers in the USA - Tom Dankowski / Keith Southern / Monte / Bill S(dirtfishing) / Steve Herschbach / Michigan Relic Hunter / Tnsharpshooter / Lawrenzo

Please clarify whom you are referring to? Also, there is nothing wrong with sending testing units to experts as well as less experienced users. We want to get the feedbacks from both sides so we do not have a machine out there that will require a master's degree to use. I do not know if our company could be more transparent than this. This is all done with the best intentions to benefit the end-users at the end.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snorks,

You can't have it both ways,,you try and say testers are misleading and you even admit one told the truth about battery life.
The Impact is not just your everyday detector.

It can be run on 3 different frequencies,,,if you will go look Xp has comments in their Deus manual about how running different freqs can affect battery run times.

Here it seems you are actually trying to be a moderator of sorts.

Any manufacturer's rep is welcome to post info about their products.

I mean if this forum allows purchasers to do this,,why not the folks who actually are involved in making them.

Sound sensible??

I think so.

Have you been paying attention in the last couple years??

Have you witnessed the actions and results from Dilek's presence on forums where folks have had questions and yes even problems??

If not,,stay tuned and pay attention.

You like to be put on hold when calling about a detector problem or question??
You like not getting no response whatsoever??
You like getting delayed service?

I don't like any of the above.

There will be plenty of folks after they purchase Impact who will be posting finds,,discussing settings, etc.

If I can help folks I will.

I do this too for other brands of detectors too.

I am not brand loyal.

Last edited:

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me among those who see Dilek's presence here (on this forum) to be a major boon for customers and her company. I have no doubt that Nokta/Makro makes better machines due to the input received from customers (and potential customers) because Dilek frequents this forum. I believe customers are likewise benefited because their questions (or issues) are quickly answered/solved – again, thanks to Dilek.

That's a win-win from my perspective, and if her comments help sell a few machines; more power to her (she's doing her job).

Perhaps the greatest benefit is found in the increased competition; driving all other companies to also provide better machines and better customer service. Granted, making the competition better isn't the goal that Nokta/Makro set out to achieve, but the end results will be better machines (and customer service) from all the manufacturers.

I do like the idea of having a few testers who are fairly new in the hobby. I believe that gives potential customers, just getting into the hobby, a better idea of what to expect and a better idea of which machine is the best choice for them. Couple those reports with the reviews from seasoned veterans and the public is well served throughout the spectrum.

No, I don't have a dog in this hunt. At best I could be considered a potential customer since I currently do not own any equipment from Nokta/Makro. Personally, I'd like to see every manufacturer have representatives who actively participate on the various forums. I think doing so is great business and great for the metal-detecting community.

Last edited:

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Maybe if you didn't act like a ten year old, you'd get better responses ???

This forum is Forums > Metal Detecting Forum > Brands > Nokta and Makro

Oddly it looks like a Nokta/Makro forum to me :icon_scratch: Pretty sure there's a White's, First Texas, Tesoro and other manufacturers sub-forums represented here as well. I for one would much rather have a company representative participate in the forums, then the utter silence we get from almost all the other manufacturer forums out there.

As for the field tester that posted the mm depth differences, that would be NASA Tom. He's an engineer at NASA, very scientific, with very in depth scientifically approached testing methodologies. Perhaps instead of posting drivel, you should read his in depth test results, and you might learn something....or is it too much reading, there's no pictures...yeah that would be probably be too much.

Sadly it's posts like yours that dissuade factory reps from posting on the forums. I wish that First Texas was as transparent, I'd love to know what their working on, but I doubt Dave Johnson, or Carl, or Jorge are going to waste their time when this is the result.

How do you think I knew she would respond? Because she does on EVERY OTHER Nokta impact thread!

In post #3 I stated...

It weighs 4 pounds..... this statement is TRUE.... yet she had to TELL ME OFF by correcting me " it about the balance and ergonomics". I NEVER SAID IT WAS POORLY BALANCED!!!! I never said it was unergonomic!! Why correct my post? Because she is pushing the machine.

I got the 9 hour battery life from a you tube video made by one of her non misleading "testers". The statement is true!! But yet she had to correct me. Again pushing the machine.

I also said she would reply shortly to tell me off... CORRECT!

This is NOT the makro/ nokta website. They have thier own forum!! Thats where people go to talk with Nokta about thier detectors. This is Treasure Net... not Makro net.
This is where enthusiasts discuss machines.
I find the responses more like that of a self appointed moderator.
Manufacturers can and do learn alot about reading conversation. Cutting off conversation and moderating normal forum chat is a poor way to conduct market research.
LET THE PRODUCT SPEAK FOR ITSELF!!!! If its that great why keep pushing it?

You are sending a test unit to a guy that started detecting 10 MONTHS AGO !!!!

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably right after Fisher releases their "All New Flagship F75, now fortified with 9 essential vitamins and minerals"!

Their new special mode called "BOING" is optimized for pine needles. Just send in you're old hardware and $500 and they'll perform the upgrade for you within a month.

It may take 3 -4 more times for them to get it right, but WOW, pine needle optimization!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread