Clearing up question about the wireless makro/nokta headphones

Alecoman

Mar 14, 2017
Sandnes/NORWAY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first wireless headphones where bluetooth and worked on the first Makro Racer.

The second wireless headphones where 2,4Ghz and the worked on the Makro Racer 2 & the Gold Racer Models.

The Third wireless headphones with the white botton on the side will work with Makro Racer 2 & the Gold Racer Models & the Nokta Impact.

Hope this answers your question :) and here is the post from another thread that explains it a bit better.

"The 'original' Racer used the first wireless set that were a Bluetooth design I believe and NOT the modern 2.4 Gig. headphones.

The 2.4 Gig. are supposed to work on the Racer 2 and Gold Racer models, and if they are the latest headphone with the little white button on the side, then they will also pair-up with the Nokta Impact. I have my first release sample of the 2.4 Gig and they work with my Racer 2, in which I leave the dongle since I mostly use those headphones with the Racer 2. I am waiting on the modern 2.4 Gig w/button for use with my Impact. Oregon Gregg has a set of the recent 2.4 Gig. headphones w/button for his Racer 2 that I tried on the Impact and they work fine.

But, as Dilek stated before, the newer 2.4 Gig. wireless are not compatible with the original Racer."

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the nokta headphones on kellyco but a bad pic. They have a white ring on each muff but I don't see a white button

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So besides the button, how can you tell if they're the ones supported by both racer 2 and impact? None of the pics on dealer's sites show a white button

Alecoman

Mar 14, 2017
Sandnes/NORWAY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wireless headphones for the Makro Racer where black and red.

The wireless headphones for the Makro Racer 2 have the white ring plus a white writing that reads" Makro" on both sides but also there is some without anything written on them ,but they got the white ring.

The one for the Impact are the ones that have the white ring and is written Nokta in white on both sides :)

This I am saying out of what I saw on youtube and looking at the pictures. So I am 99% sure about it.
But I don't see how kellyco have them already since the Impact is still a few days away to arrive to shops.
My advice is if they don't specify its for the Nokta Impact .. then I wouldn't order them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand all that.
Just wondering how to tell the difference between the old racer 2 that don't support the impact, the new racer 2 and the new nokta apart.
The nokta don't come with the dongle as far as I can see so I'm interested In the newest racer 2 with dongle that work on impact, racer 2 and gold racer.

I don't see a white button on any dealer pics.

Alecoman

Mar 14, 2017
Sandnes/NORWAY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those should be the ones with only the white ring & a dungle.
I just had a look Kellyco & there is only one type that is wireless for the Racer 2. Those should the ones that work on the Impact.
I would recommend to contact and ask them by writen mail to have it in written and a phone call to save you time.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys... I am so sorry that this got confusing for you.
The little white button (actually not a button but more like a white dot) is hard to see in the pictures as it is on one side.
All these headphones (meaning the ones with the white dot) will be compatible with the Racer 2 / Gold Racer and Impacts regardless of their Nokta / Makro logo on the side.
Racer 2 and Gold Racers currently need a dongle - Impacts do not. However, we are in the process of updating them all so no dongle is required for any model in the future.
Hope it is clear.

Last edited:

Alecoman

Mar 14, 2017
Sandnes/NORWAY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the clarification :)

Sorry for miss leading there Stefan.
So basically we need to contact the dealer before ordering, to make sure that headphones that come with a dungle have one white dot on one side.
And for the Impact then there is no confusion there..
But is it possible to buy just the dungle if someone has two Racers 2 ,or to have a spare?

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys... I am so sorry that this got confusing for you.
The little white button (actually not a button but more like a white dot) is hard to see in the pictures as it is on one side.
All these headphones (meaning the ones with the white dot) will be compatible with the Racer 2 / Gold Racer and Impacts regardless of their Nokta / Makro logo on the side.
Racer 2 and Gold Racers currently need a dongle - Impacts do not. However, we are in the process of updating them all so no dongle is required for any model in the future.
Hope it is clear.

Ok thanks.
So I'm assuming to have a pair that works on all 3 we will want to get the makro with dongle and if we use it on the impact we can leave the dongle at home.
Cool.

Dilek,
Are all the makro headphones out now the newest version or do I need to ask the dealer's?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions