Nokta gold AU....Should I buy one?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't answer that, but I suspect it operates VERY similar to the Makro Gold Racer, with the exception of the user interface (which can make a huge difference).

I like the toggle switch to go between ALL METAL and DISC MODE, but I am confused about combining the iSAT and iMASK functions on one knob.
The two settings are independent of each other...one applies to ALL METAL mode and one applies to DISC MODE.

With my Gold Racer, it remembers which iSAT setting I had when I'm in ALL METAL. Then when I switch over to DISC MODE, it remembers which iMASK setting I used last.
This way I can switch quickly back and forth between ALL METAL and DISC MODE without having to adjust the iSAT & iMASK each time.

I'm also a little confused about the one tone/two tone LED light switch. It almost appears that you can be detecting in ALL METAL mode (single tone), yet see a visual representation of what you would get if you were in two tone DISC MODE. If that's the case - that's awesome!! Detect in ALL METAL, yet have a light that honors the discrimination settings. I have been asking Fisher to incorporate that into their detectors for years.

I'd love to get my hands on a AU Finder to see how it compares to the Gold Racer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread