Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Biglad1958

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No.. ordered May 1st..
Hoping to get them by end of next week... If they come sooner then I'll be thrilled..

I ordered 15 April contacted Kellyo today ......nope its not happening any time soon ....(they are on the phone with their supplier) and they could not confirmed a date for receiving from manufacturer or shipping to the customer ME....they did confirm they would ship my order without wireless ear phones ...should this be the case.

Bkeepes

May 3, 2017
Mt. Carmel, illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Impact, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It cant be that much longer. They are for sure in the United States. Last shipment was being sent to customers a little over a week after arriving in the states.

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any news today? I wish I could have preordered without prepaying (did not order from kellyco) as I have seen a few impacts for sale for less than I paid. And those lightly used detectors are available now....

Bkeepes

May 3, 2017
Mt. Carmel, illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any news today? I wish I could have preordered without prepaying (did not order from kellyco) as I have seen a few impacts for sale for less than I paid. And those lightly used detectors are available now....

Where are you seeing them for sale used?

Bkeepes

May 3, 2017
Mt. Carmel, illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also just throwing this out there how does Kellyco not knowif they have even been shipped from Turkey when it states on this forum that they have been shipped and arriving in the US last Friday night.

Last edited:

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, it's getting quite frustrating. If I knew I could cancel my preorder and get a refund while a lightly used impact was available, I would do it. I could see cancelling the preorder then the used impact gets sold simultaneously.

Bkeepes

May 3, 2017
Mt. Carmel, illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea that would be my luck to. I haven't seen any used ones for sale yet. But I've only looked on ebay

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been seeing impacts in the classified section of a couple of treasure type forums.

Bkeepes

May 3, 2017
Mt. Carmel, illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been waiting this long so I might as well stick it out. If I cancelled my order i would have to send back my minelab go find 60 i got for free when i bought the Impact. I don't feel like messing with that. Heck who knows they might show up tomorrow!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been waiting this long so I might as well stick it out. If I cancelled my order i would have to send back my minelab go find 60 i got for free when i bought the Impact. I don't feel like messing with that. Heck who knows they might show up tomorrow!

I would seriously consider going through that hassle. Just show them you are willing to have them refund the Nokta portion of your order less the cost of the Go Find to your original method of payment and that will send them a message about their lacking customer service communication. Plus you will lower your blood pressure by not having to post your daily (actually multiple daily) "I'm disappointed in my supplier" posts. If you want some results, tangible actions like I suggested will speak louder than words on a forum that the supplier is obviously now ignoring. I realize the BOGO offer is sweet, but is that gotcha hook worth this much angst?

Perhaps if people spoke with their wallets, the supplier would sit up and take notice and participate here again with accurate availability info. I cancelled my preorder with the US distributor weeks ago when Nokta still hadn't shipped weeks after I placed my preorder. Was hoping to get it for several hunts I had planned with some friends at the end of March/Early April (when I preordered, a March release was being actively promoted online) and I was willing to take the risk of being an early adopter (against my better judgement). Once they missed my window of opportunity, their loss, for I no longer had the motivation to take that risk nor have them gaining interest on my cash since they charged my card FULL price weeks in advance of shipment (not a good business policy IMO - I know you have to have some skin in the game, I just didn't know I would have to have all my skin in a game lasting six weeks lol. Fortunately I did not go "all in" with the BOGO promo too, so admittedly, cancelling my preorder was less painful than your situation). I could now take my own advice and vow again to never early adopt a new detector release and patiently wait for the bugs to be worked out. The MX Sport debacle was a painful lesson learned. Glad I came to my senses and avoided repeating the same mistake.

The Impact should be a great detector, but there is no point anyone should be missing swing time waiting weeks for delivery or living through the post release flurry of software bug patches especially if you own a capable detector already (I think the etrac qualifies) and their are plenty of capable detectors available now at or below the Impact's price point IMO... Unless, of course, you actually enjoy complaining about it multiple times every day. The forum is certainly available for that purpose. It is cathartic. I am merely making a suggestion meant to alleviate what seems to me to be a steadily increasing source of frustration for you and others on this thread. Good luck, regardless. For your sake and sanity I hope it ships today and this is a moot point. HTH and HH.

Last edited:

Bkeepes

May 3, 2017
Mt. Carmel, illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would seriously consider going through that hassle. Just show them you are willing to have them refund the Nokta portion of your order less the cost of the Go Find to your original method of payment and that will send them a message about their lacking customer service communication. Plus you will lower your blood pressure by not having to post your daily (actually multiple daily) "I'm disappointed in my supplier" posts. If you want some results, tangible actions like I suggested will speak louder than words on a forum that the supplier is obviously now ignoring. I realize the BOGO offer is sweet, but is that gotcha hook worth this much angst?

Perhaps if people spoke with their wallets, the supplier would sit up and take notice and participate here again with accurate availability info. I cancelled my preorder with the US distributor weeks ago when Nokta still hadn't shipped weeks after I placed my preorder. Was hoping to get it for several hunts I had planned with some friends at the end of March/Early April (when I preordered, a March release was being actively promoted online) and I was willing to take the risk of being an early adopter (against my better judgement). Once they missed my window of opportunity, their loss, for I no longer had the motivation to take that risk nor have them gaining interest on my cash since they charged my card FULL price weeks in advance of shipment (not a good business policy IMO - I know you have to have some skin in the game, I just didn't know I would have to have all my skin in a game lasting six weeks lol. Fortunately I did not go "all in" with the BOGO promo too, so admittedly, cancelling my preorder was less painful than your situation). I could now take my own advice and vow again to never early adopt a new detector release and patiently wait for the bugs to be worked out. The MX Sport debacle was a painful lesson learned. Glad I came to my senses and avoided repeating the same mistake.

The Impact should be a great detector, but there is no point anyone should be missing swing time waiting weeks for delivery or living through the post release flurry of software bug patches especially if you own a capable detector already (I think the etrac qualifies) and their are plenty of capable detectors available now at or below the Impact's price point IMO... Unless, of course, you actually enjoy complaining about it multiple times every day. The forum is certainly available for that purpose. It is cathartic. I am merely making a suggestion meant to alleviate what seems to me to be a steadily increasing source of frustration for you and others on this thread. Good luck, regardless. For your sake and sanity I hope it ships today and this is a moot point. HTH and HH.

Thats my only concern is the early adopting of this detector. I have never done it and I have told myself I never would but I just can't help it on this one. The unmasking capabilities appear to be great.

If I don't hear anything from them today I will probably cancel my order and send back the go find which will be hard to do since I got it for my 2 young boys. I don't mean to complain so much on this thread. I'm just so irritated that I do though. Its not going to change anything but I do it anyway haha.

If you have a suggestion on a machine that has these capabilities other than the deus please share with me. I have thought seriously about the Rutus Alter 71 and the CTX but I don't feel like spending the money on the CTX. I have never used a garrett but I have also thought about the at pro. It's much cheaper but I don't know how well it performs. I would rather have a multiple frequency though.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it has to be "other than the Deus", the Fisher F75 with DST firmware would be my choice. It has a fast recovery mode (at the expense of some depth) combined with some sweet accessory and third party sniper coils that work great in trashy areas. I won't lie, on paper and the reports from test unit users were enough to tempt me to grab an Impact and violate the prime directive (i.e., no early adoption) as a complimentary backup to the Deus. At this point, however, I am probably ok just sticking with the F75 as my Deus backup.

You might also consider the Nokta Relic.

Last edited:

Bkeepes

May 3, 2017
Mt. Carmel, illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't mind the deus I just don't care for the "all wireless" and how expensive the coils are. That is in my top 3 with the impact and CTX 3030. The one good thing is the Impact software is updated via internet. So at least if it has some bugs in the software of the machine there shouldn't be much downtime.

I will do some checking on the F75 I will be honest I haven't really ever considered buying a Fisher. But I have heard good things about them. The Etrac has been great to me and I still love It! I just want another weapon in my arsenal!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco can not ship what they have not received yet, they have to wait till Impacts are in stock to ship, all shipments from Turkey have to go through US customs before being released to complete shipments to distributors. Kellyco or any other distributor has no control over in bound shipments till they arrive.

Bkeepes

May 3, 2017
Mt. Carmel, illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kellyco can not ship what they have not received yet, they have to wait till Impacts are in stock to ship, all shipments from Turkey have to go through US customs before being released to complete shipments to distributors. Kellyco or any other distributor has no control over in bound shipments till they arrive.

I understand this completely. But Dilek has already stated earlier in this thread that they have already arrived last Friday night or Saturday. She has also told me via email that their freight forwarder stated impacts where being sent to their warehouse on Monday. I understand that things can happen and delay shipping but it has been 4 days.

I'm not downtalking Kellyco but why do they not relay this information to anyone. I find it hard to believe that they don t have the ability to find out where the shipment is at. That's all I ask.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Deus coils. Agree with the coil expense downside, but the Deus 9" coil meets my needs 99% of the time based on a ratio of my vlf swing hours (Deus 9" vs. any other vlf machine I own, including the 11" Deus coil I use for backup and as a second detector for the kids). I use a PI machine for reluc hunting in highly mineraluzed soil. Bottom line is that the Deus coil expense has been a non issue. I have never felt under gunned by being limited to the 9" XP coil. On the other hand, I do believe in having and using two different design vlf detectirs if I have the rare opportunity to thoroughly clean out a site. Hence, I have the F75 for that. And to keep this thread barely on topic, why I was considering the Impact as a replacement not for the Deus but for the F75.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand this completely. But Dilek has already stated earlier in this thread that they have already arrived last Friday night or Saturday. She has also told me via email that their freight forwarder stated impacts where being sent to their warehouse on Monday. I understand that things can happen and delay shipping but it has been 4 days.

I'm not downtalking Kellyco but why do they not relay this information to anyone. I find it hard to believe that they don t have the ability to find out where the shipment is at. That's all I ask.

I can verify a shipment was delivered to their warehouse late this morning 5/19 by the shipping company, they will still have to be logged in and inventoried before they can be shipped. They will start shipping them out once that is completed.

Bkeepes

May 3, 2017
Mt. Carmel, illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can verify a shipment was delivered to their warehouse late this morning 5/19 by the shipping company, they will still have to be logged in and inventoried before they can be shipped. They will start shipping them out once that is completed.

Thankyou! That's all I wanted to hear!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread