Nokta Impact Beyonder's "Iron Bane" program

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
By studying the available videos and my experiences with the Racer 2, I have come up with some great ideas for settings. LET ME STRESS, I do not have a unit yet to test them with.

Beyonder's "Iron Bane"

The Purpose: To unmask good targets in heavy iron trash areas at medium depths(six-seven inches). Slow iron unmasking is this mode's strength.

Weakness: Not designed for deep targets. You need time to learn and get used to the vast amount of information that you will hear audibly. Due to the environment of heavy iron, the TID will be all over the place(Iron falsing is responsible for the most part).

Strengths: Unmasking, separation, and identifying iron.

The Waterproof 7.5x4'' DD Search Coil is highly recommended for this mode.

Settings:

Using GEN(d) mode with 2 tone disc could be the best of both worlds(see in "discrimination"). You will hear the iron and be alerted with high tone for conductive targets.

20 khz freq: This really is the best way to get separation in high iron trash.

Gain 85 or less: The lower the better. A lower gain narrows the detecting area. A higher gain can slow YOU down digging deep when you don't want to and muddy multiple target the are co-mingled. A lower gain also provides better separation.

A lower iSAT may give a better response to deep targets. (NOT 100% sure at this time).

Discrimination: Since 0-20 will be your iron tone, I would change the iron tone to 0-15. This will allow for deep small gold coins(which may ring in at 16-20 + on the TID).

In the field: Frequency shift(if needed) ground balance. Use the settings above, save(fd/save) and enjoy!

Questions, comments, concerns? Ask away...when I get the Impact LOL...IN ONE DAY!

Last edited:

wisconsinwalter

Feb 11, 2009
By studying the available videos and my experiences with the Racer 2, I have come up with some great ideas for settings. LET ME STRESS, I do not have a unit yet to test them with.

Beyonder's "Iron Bane"

The Purpose: To unmask good targets in heavy iron trash areas at medium depths(six-seven inches). Slow iron unmasking is this mode's strength.

Weakness: Not designed for deep targets. You need time to learn and get used to the vast amount of information that you will hear audibly. Due to the environment of heavy iron, the TID will be all over the place(Iron falsing is responsible for the most part).

Settings:

Using GEN(d) mode with 2 tone disc could be the best of both worlds(see in "discrimination"). You will hear the iron and be alerted with high tone for conductive targets.

Gain 85 or less: The lower the better. A lower gain narrows the detecting area. A higher gain can slow YOU down digging deep when you don't want to and muddy multiple target the are co-mingled. A lower gain also provides better separation.

A lower iSAT may give a better response to deep targets. (NOT 100% sure at this time).

Discrimination: Since 0-20 will be your iron tone, I would change the iron tone to 0-15. This will allow for deep small gold coins(which may ring in at 16-20 + on the TID).

In the field: Frequency shift(if needed) ground balance. Use the settings above, save(fd/save) and enjoy!

Questions, comments, concerns? Ask away...when I get the Impact LOL...IN ONE DAY!

I did a short video for masked coins. I like your direction you are thinking

https://youtu.be/gZN5qrQZHK0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver_Stallion

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hummm

Beyonder's "Iron Bane"

Well I would say based in my in house tests against the Etrac and T2 the VLX or DI settings did a great job of seeing the coin among the iron. With or without disc these modes did great. I'm not saying your's is a bad idea I just wanted to open up your comment for more discussion.

Settings:

Well I would say based in my in house tests against the Etrac and T2 the VLX or DI settings did a great job of seeing the coin among the iron. With or without disc these modes did great. I'm not saying your's is a bad idea I just wanted to open up your comment for more discussion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread