All Treasure Hunting

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished updating the Impact. Thank you for making this available. I like to operate the Impact with the forth tone in DI4, set at the highest level.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This update also allows audio tone adjustment when using VLX 2 mode.

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used it today and it works fantastic! Especially when you set the tone breaks. This is where its a coin killer for park hunting! Today I found a boatload of clad and 2 totally different era cub scout kerchief clasps. One from the 60's and one from the 50's. This mode really alerts to non ferrous audio wise. I still prefer DI99 for most hunting though.

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update!
This is now my coin/Park hunting mode! This update is awesome. It's like DI3 on steroids! Thanks Nokta!

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have really been tweaking the tone breaks and audio tones in DI4 mode this past week. Here are the settings that are working well for me so far.

Basic Menu
Gain=90
Disc=2
FeVol.=5

Expert Menu
Notch=2
Audio Tones= Fe=15, Gold/Non Fe=40, Non Fe=50 and the last unboxed=70
Tone breaks= Fe=26, Gold/ Non Fe=65, Non Fe=80

This has been working good and gives a nice rollover audio effect on mixed metals so far. I haven't decided how low to go on the Fe tone break because i have only dug foil balls in the 20's range. I'm also not sure on the tone break for the Non Fe yet but these settings put everything below and above Iron into an audio zone, copper into another and silver into another. Please try this and let me know if it could be adjusted better and WHY.

Setting up the tone breaks was almost counter intuitive to figure out. This needs to be explained better...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread