db-uk

Jul 31, 2017
Hartlepool
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all

I bought my Racer 2 about 2 weeks ago now to upgrade my beginner's Whites Treasure Master detector.
I would say I am a relative newbie at the hobby as I have only been doing it for 9 months but feel I outgrew the Whites in this time and wanted something much better and after looking around I settled on the Racer 2 and I am glad that I did :)
The Racer 2 is definately a coin magnet and I am now re-detecting the areas that I had previously detected with the Whites and am finding many new signals that were just not there before.

Anyway, I went out the other day on a large pasture field that I have alrerady covered with the whites for what I planned a few hours but ended up a total of 8 hours and apart from getting wet twice with what the weather forecasters call some summer showers (i.e heavy rain) I really enjoyed the day.

I only detected part of the field as I was trying to be methodical and detect it in strips so I did not miss anything and apart from the usual junk I did find some interesting stuff.

Finds 1 photo.
1. A 2.5 inch corroded iron disc with a central hole. It is about 1 cm thick and have not the foggiest what it was...I would like to think it is something ancient :)
2. A rather nice zippo lighter, the lid was found separately a few feet away. It is engraved, one side says Stephen and the other Sebastian.
3. A small oval 1.75 inch at first thought 'lid' but I'm not so sure. There are no markings.
4. Looks like a lead rivet type of thing..definitely look like it has been hammered into something.
5. This looks like part of a large spoon, not sure what it's made of, its very rustic.
6. Probably the most interesting thing in the photo, a lead dog about 2.5 inches across.
7. A chain link made from 3 links, each link near 3 inches across. I just thought it was an interesting shape, reminds me of a Rubic puzzle :)

Coins were plentiful, about £4 in modern coinage and 4 old coins.
Two George VI ship half pennies, 1944 and 1952, a 1956 one shilling and the find of the day, a rather nice 1852 Vicky Bun Head Shilling though a bit worn still a nice find.

In conclusion, the Racer 2 is finding items that the Whites has missed but that was expected and I still have the rest of the field to re-explore :)

Attachments

• _MG_8638-Pano.jpg
    _MG_8638-Pano.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 105
  • FINDS 2.jpg
    FINDS 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 105
  • FINDS 3.jpg
    FINDS 3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 105

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is GREAT JOB!!! My impact has destroyed the areas I searched with my ATP and ETRAC. These machines HUNT!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new machine and great finds! :icon_thumright:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations !! Super nice finds.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds
Thanks for sharing.

Racer 2 is sneaky around iron and nails. Especially with smallest coil attached.

Wild Will

Greenie
May 2, 2012
Redding, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Agree. I found a Connecticut Colonial Copper next to an over-hunted cellar hole's front door sill. It was surrounded by Iron nails but still rang in like a bell.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my Racer 2. It has found more silver then my AT Pro ever has. Back in January I had one goal for the years metal detecting and that was to find at least 1 silver coin each month. I have since crushed that goal. As of last weekend I have found a total of 73 silver coins this year. April and July were very good to me. Sometimes when I think I have pounded a site to death, I'll notch out all but 28-33 and 79 and above and still find the deep silver. Sure I'll miss other stuff, but i'm shooting for silver most of the time. It's just an awesome machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread