Gold Racer Question

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello.... just took delivery of the Gold Racer and have had several outings. No gold as yet but must say this is a pretty good coin detector. I realized right away the cheap headphones had to go. Makro does have wireless headphones but I am wondering if money is better spent on a different brand. Same for a pin pointer...Macro or another brand. Also, the coil is waterproof but no mention of waterproof unit if you happen to get caught out in the rain with the gold racer. Thanks in advance for any answers....

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Makro wireless headphones are great. I like them so well that I now have three sets. They are light weight, comfortable, good sound and will run all day on a charge. It takes about three to four hours to charge them and they have no noticeable lag at all.

Sovgtguy

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2011
California
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT - Sunray 5" / Tornado 10" / WOT 15"
Fisher CZ3D ( Tom Tuned ) - Quicksilver 5" / Spider 10"
Fisher Gold Bug 2 - 6.5 / 10"
Makro Gold Racer - 5" / Stock 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Rattler headphones work well with it and for a really good set I recommend Sun Ray gold pro ... Switchable for all my detectors. Sun Ray has that boost option all the deep targets.

I like that Makro added the 1/8 plug adapter but have not used yet ... Good to know I can still detect with any headphone if I forgot to pack my set.

ColoRichy

Sep 7, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my gold racer 5 weeks ago , I'm a beginner so I'm just learning it , that being said, the last 3 weekends I have found 2 pocket watches, 3 rings , 3 jewelry pendants , a small skeleton key, a silver spoon and about $30 in change ( nothing old yet in the change dept) I am amazed how good this thing works, I met a guy last Monday at a park who was using a Garrett Ac gold that he has been using for years and my Gold Racer was finding stuff he missed

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my gold racer 5 weeks ago , I'm a beginner so I'm just learning it , that being said, the last 3 weekends I have found 2 pocket watches, 3 rings , 3 jewelry pendants , a small skeleton key, a silver spoon and about $30 in change ( nothing old yet in the change dept) I am amazed how good this thing works, I met a guy last Monday at a park who was using a Garrett Ac gold that he has been using for years and my Gold Racer was finding stuff he missed

Just wondering if you have tried the Gold Racer at a salt water beach? I am planning a detector trip to wilderness fresh water creeks and also wish to explore the estuaries which are salt water. ... thanks

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With its higher frequency (56khz), the GR is very sensitive to mineralized soil and salt water/wet ocean beach sand. Does fine in/around fresh water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread