Nokta Impact Custom settings

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a few programs to help get you started. With the detector set up this way, you can switch between different programs depending on the type of hunting you're planning on doing. Make adjustments to suit your type of hunting and hunting environment. These programs are for newer/ fresh drops of coins and jewelry.

Tot Lot / Volleyball / Soccer Field Program VLX2
Gain 70, Disc 40, No Notch, Iron Vol. 0, iSat 01
Freq. 20 kHz, Tone Breaks 40-55-80 (default)

Park Program VLX1 No Zincs
Gain 50, Disc 53, Notch 57-82, Iron Vol. 0, iSat 02
Freq. 14 kHz, Tone Breaks 40-80, Tones 15-35-70

Trashy Park Program DI4 with Zincs (small coil)
Gain 30, Disc 27, Notch 33-42, 46-63, Iron Vol. 0
Tone Breaks 15-33-76, Freq. 14 kHz, iSat 02

Ghost Town Program Small Coil DI3
Gain 95, Disc 03, Notch none
Tone Break 15 & 65, Tones 15-35-70
Iron Vol. 01, Freq. 20 kHz

Ghost Town Program Large Coil DI99

For deep, older coins you'll have to play with settings and adjustments to suit your environment. Hope this helps a few of you.

OP
OP
H

Helge

Aug 13, 2017
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the headstart. I think I'll enjoy tinkering with settings and fine tuning my strategies almost as much as actually finding things.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a few programs to help get you started. With the detector set up this way, you can switch between different programs depending on the type of hunting you're planning on doing. Make adjustments to suit your type of hunting and hunting environment. These programs are for newer/ fresh drops of coins and jewelry.

Gain 70, Disc 40, No Notch, Iron Vol. 0, iSat 01
Freq. 20 kHz, Tone Breaks 40-55-80 (default)

Trashy Park Program DI4 with Zincs (small coil)
Gain 30, Disc 27, Notch 33-42, 46-63, Iron Vol. 0
Tone Breaks 15-33-76, Freq. 14 kHz, iSat 02

Ghost Town Program Small Coil DI3
Tone Break 15 & 65, Tones 15-35-70

For deep, older coins you'll have to play with settings and adjustments to suit your environment. Hope this helps a few of you.
This detector looks to be REALLY good, more likely really GREAT, but, I feel it may be a bit over my head to understand how to fully use it. Been detecting nearly 30 yrs. Currently use an AT Pro (Good machine) & a Minelab Safari (Really like it) The Impact might be the only detector a fella may ever need or want, (except for water), but again, to be honest, I just don't know that I could handle it and use it to it's full potential. It does seem to be one to go for to guys who want to move up beyond the entry level or mid level machines.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This detector looks to be REALLY good, more likely really GREAT, but, I feel it may be a bit over my head to understand how to fully use it. Been detecting nearly 30 yrs. Currently use an AT Pro (Good machine) & a Minelab Safari (Really like it) The Impact might be the only detector a fella may ever need or want, (except for water), but again, to be honest, I just don't know that I could handle it and use it to it's full potential. It does seem to be one to go for to guys who want to move up beyond the entry level or mid level machines.

If you already own the at pro and a minelab the transition will be super easy. I had the Minlab E-trac and Right out of the box i selected one of the preset programs on the Impact and BAM I was right at home with it! My son has the AT pro and says this machine blows it away! Its deeper, perfectly balanced and is way more adaptable to soil conditions. And pinpointing along with super easy ground balancing with the trigger is a dream come true!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you already own the at pro and a minelab the transition will be super easy. I had the Minlab E-trac and Right out of the box i selected one of the preset programs on the Impact and BAM I was right at home with it! My son has the AT pro and says this machine blows it away! Its deeper, perfectly balanced and is way more adaptable to soil conditions. And pinpointing along with super easy ground balancing with the trigger is a dream come true!
Very encouraging post. It does sound like the pre-set programs are all I might want. After all, I have had other detectors that had SOME options that I never used or needed. Instead of the AT Max, ya know, can't drop the thought of the Impact Pro pkg. I do have the AT Pro for shallow water play, if one were to slip and fall, and not want to fry his detector.

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How are this settings working out?

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Notch 57 to 82?????

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VLX1 - Zincs VDI at 82, Nickels at 55, hence the notch set at 57 to 82. That's why it's "Park Program VLX1 NO Zincs" copper cents come in at 84. Of course this is just a coin (less zincs) cherry picking program. This will also eliminate most chances at pulling a gold ring unless it falls right in the nickel range. The above programs I put together just a couple of weeks after the Impact was released. I'v since revised most of the programs I use and these are my current settings (saved programs). Of course I change there base programs once I'm at a particular site depending on conditions.

Gain 85, Disc 30, Fe Vol 0, Notch 0, Tones 15-40-65-70
Tone Breaks 40-55-83, iSat 01, Freq. 20 kHz
Park Program DI3 No Zincs
Gain 50, Disc 16, Iron Vol. 0, Notch 33-68, Tones
15-40-70, Tone Breaks 15-65, iSat 01, Freq. 14 kHz
Trashy Park Program DI4 with Zincs
Gain 50, Disc 16, Iron Vol. 0, Notch 33-42 & 48-60
Tone Breaks 15-33-72, iSat 01, Freq. 14 kHz
Ghost Town Program Small Coil VLX1
Gain 95, Disc 25, Iron Vo. 00, Notch none
Tones 15-40-70, Tone Break 15 & 65,
iSat 01, Freq. 20 kHz
Gain 95, Disc 02, Iron Vol 01, Notch none
iSat 01, Freq. 20 kHz

Last edited:

Silver_Stallion

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tom. Tom why did you modify the 2nd update and lower the disc leaving the 17 to 33 open on the park programs?

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Answered in PM

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
could you please post it here Im also curious

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you're addressing my DI4 program. Leaving the 17 to 33 open allowed the nickels and smaller gold rings to be detected while eliminating most pulltabs. If you drop the disc below 16 then you start hitting lots of small foil targets. So in that DI4 program you'll get all U.S. coins and a chance at small ladies gold rings, the ones that often have Gem stones. When I get to more open spaces I switch over to VLX2 and I have it set up with less disc so it will accept all targets above iron. I use VLX2 on soccer fields and tot lots where I'm hoping to hit small gold, like charms etc. My DI3 park program is a general, pretty much coins only (less zincs) for when I'm short on time or just feeling lazy. Its a cherry picking coin only program.

Ballarat Bitter

Greenie
Mar 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using GEN mode with discrimination set to 01. It identifies hot rocks with a low tone. Hot rocks are everywhere in gold country and it saves a lot of bending over and digging.I have been finding bent rusty nails and small sheet lead very rarely and I dont mind digging them up. Moved on to DEEP mode and the default tone break of 40 gives a high tone for both rusty nails and gold.I dug up a deep nail in what looked like virgin ground and expected to find a nugget but was disappointed. I was determined never to repeat that so I fiddled around with the tone break setting and ran the coil over both the nail and the gold and found 20 was ideal to mask the nail but still get a signal on the gold.
I went to another goldfield where DEEP was too sluggish due to the extreme mineralisation.I could have used GEN but on the test piece DI3 gave the strongest signal and I want to use it in this goldfield.Only problem was bits of silver foil chocolate wrapping were everywhere buried 2 to 4 inches down and I wasted a lot of time digging them up.
Can anyone advise me how to set the tone break to mask these bits of silver foil? I only know how to make one setting.I dont mind digging up the occasional rusty nail,brass or lead. Also in this type of soil am I better reducing the gain from the default of 70 to 60 or even 50.
The Impact has all the necessary features needed in the field,if only we were all smart enough to use it to its full potential.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread