Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen one guy on YouTube with the racer 2 saying the best way to ground balance on the beach is to use 2tone mode....ground balance with the trigger and pump coil, but then manually set ground balance to "zero zero" as he says in his video.

https://youtu.be/CJFUlq5R6I4

He says much better depth on beach in 2 tone and zero zero ground balance?!?!?

My question is...why would you set the ground balance to 00 manually, when surely, whether in 2tone or beach mode...the best way is to stick with pushing the trigger forward and pumping?

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Matt

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just ground balance normally in Two-Tone and leave it be. :skullflag:

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Wet beach GB number is usually between 0 ~ 1, manually fine adjustable in 1/10 step. ..... Only the beach mode can auto GB "Ground Adjust" to 0, all other modes only go down to 40, below that you must use manual GB. ..... I usually go to the spot where I will start the search, if on a wet beach I go into Beach Mode and auto GB, TAKE NOTE the GB will now be the same in all other modes as long as you do not pust the trigger to auto GB again in any other modes. ..... Once GB is done in Beach mode then I go into 3 tone and and set gain, then 2 Tone and again set gain, last into All Metal and set gain to whatever is possible. ..... If all detecting is to be on the wet beach then Save the settings for the day. ..... For deepest searching I use ALL Metal even on the Wet Beach, if a target is located and you want tone ID then just change into 2 or 3 tone mode which have already been set for the area conditions. ..... After target recovery, back into ALL METAL Mode which by the way also have the same Number ID as any other mode. ..... ivanll

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread