Metal Detecting

Alecoman

Mar 14, 2017
Sandnes/NORWAY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my experience in the past with wired headphones.
Some headphones need the sound to be amplified from the machine itself.
Not sure if the Impact has one built in .. But the sound from the original wireless headphones for the Impact are very loud.
I have the volume knob turned up to not even one quater tune and that is more than i enough.

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a different headphones with a different speaker ohm rating. My headphones have 32 ohm speakers. And I can't turn the volume up to full without blowing my ears out.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My black widows are too loud if the volume is set to maximum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Killer B Hornets, SunRay Pro Gold and the Makro/Nokta wireless are all pretty loud.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is not helping your situation but I have found the wireless headphones to have excellent volume and pretty decent tone. When I run wired headphones I use Sun Ray Pro golds and have know issue with lack of volume. I have worked in factories for the last 30 years so my hearing is not the best so if I can hear it then most people can.

OP
OP
I

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!
Nice to know that an entirely different set of headphones will remedy the issue.
In regards to wired headphones, what's the biggest bang for the buck out of those mentioned in this thread? Kinda rubs me the wrong way that Nokta couldn't include half decent wired phones with the pro pack.

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!
Nice to know that an entirely different set of headphones will remedy the issue.
In regards to wired headphones, what's the biggest bang for the buck out of those mentioned in this thread? Kinda rubs me the wrong way that Nokta couldn't include half decent wired phones with the pro pack.

Are you saying that the headphones supplied in the pro pack are too quiet?

Chub

OP
OP
I

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you saying that the headphones supplied in the pro pack are too quiet?

Chub
Way too quiet. At 50% volume, I can almost guarantee you will miss targets. At 100% if there is even moderate background noise I turn the detector off and grab the Deus. Perhaps there is an issue with the supplied headphones, but I doubt it. So far I can't even tell if I like this detector or not since I can't really hear exactly what it is telling me.

Alecoman

Mar 14, 2017
Sandnes/NORWAY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are considering to buy new headphones .. why not just buy the wireless for the Impact.
Then at least you are not wired to the machine .. unless you are using some sort of wireless sender and receiver.
The price for the wireless headphones isn't that bad.
Just need to point out that since the Impact is still fairly new to the market ,there hasn't been so much testing with different metal detecting headphones .. eccept the ones that come with the Impact ,which are crap and the wireless ones which are pretty good. The battery life is about 15 to 20 hours ,they are light and fairly priced.

Alecoman

Mar 14, 2017
Sandnes/NORWAY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tested to see if i can hear a difference in sound between the wireless and the standard ones.
Yes the sound is much lower than the wireless ones. I would say nearly by half. The tone is the same but not the same tone that comes out from the speaker of the Impact.
The tone from the speaker is more snooth and round. The headphones give out a more stereo sound and somehow not as clear.
I use to use the Gray Ghosts Amphibians with my AT Gold & those where fantastic and very loud bexause you had to hear with them under water.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never tried the ones that came with the impact, they are still in the box. When i first got my Impact, I used some headphones with built in volume control that i purchased from fleabay. They cost me 12 bucks pluse a few dollars for shipping and work great! I just turned the impact on and cranked it to full volume and then used the adjustment knobs on my head phones. Now that i have the wireless headphones, i keep the wired ones as back up.

OP
OP
I

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try a different headphones with a different speaker ohm rating. My headphones have 32 ohm speakers. And I can't turn the volume up to full without blowing my ears out.

Found an inexpensive pair of headphones rated at 32 ohms. Lack of volume issue is still there.
Getting frustrated in having a detector I have paid $1k for and can't get enough volume to hear different tonal nuances. Spending $100+ for headphone (Nokta wireless or otherwise) just isn't in the budget right now. Besides, I would really like to be able to hear what this detector is telling me about an in ground target before I spend another dime on it.
For right now it looks like I have an expensive dust collector....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread