Macro Gold Racer - Salt water beach

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Running at over 50kHz, the Makro Gold Racer will not work well in the wet sand, and not at all in the water. In the DRY sand you'll do fine. :skullflag:

pick1840

Greenie
Sep 20, 2017
Sherman/Pottsboro, TX
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still trying to learn this machine and how change the settings and what it is changing. You say running over 50kHz, is there a way to lower that or is that a factory setting?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still trying to learn this machine and how change the settings and what it is changing. You say running over 50kHz, is there a way to lower that or is that a factory setting?

Nope. The Gold Racer is a gold prospecting machine - period. It was designed to find very SMALL low conducting targets (like gold pickers and nuggets). Saltwater beaches require machines that can handle the extreme mineralization from salt and other minerals in high concentrations.

Pulse induction, and Multi-frequency machines are used in saltwater, and on wet saltwater sand.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really a Fisher 1280? Why, because it's waterproof? Crappy saltwater beach detector. In my 40+ years beach detecting experience I say NOT. The rest, its just a matter of their ranking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread