pick1840

Greenie
Sep 20, 2017
Sherman/Pottsboro, TX
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Gold Racer without doing the research, thinking it was just like the Racer 2 :BangHead: wondering if anyone out there has a Gold Racer that could help me out? Wondering if you can coin/relic hunt with it and what settings you would use to do so? Everything I've read says that it is not a coin and relic hunting machine it is only good for hunting gold nuggets. I sure hope not, I'll either have to find somewhere near North Texas to look for nuggets or I'll have to sell it. Thank you

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pick, your best bet is to contact the dealer you bought if from
and explain your situation. Could be they would might trade
you for a suitable unit.

I have the Nokta Fors Gold, and it is very suited to coin/relic
hunting as well as locating nuggets down to the smallest size.

Unfortunately, I live in an area where nuggets are scarce as
hens teeth!

OP
OP
P

pick1840

Greenie
Sep 20, 2017
Sherman/Pottsboro, TX
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly I bought it off ebay. I'm going to try it out and see if it will work for what I need. I was just hoping someone could help me out with the settings. everything I read says it is great for micro-jewelry so hopefully I can pay for it at tot lots or the lake. I'm from north Texas and as far as I know its many MANY miles from here to find a speck of gold more less a nugget.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
The great thing for you is , it's a metal finder!!

Very sensitive metal detector.

I know lots of people like to say "gold" detector but really my pocket always has more non gold than gold.

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought a Gold Racer without doing the research, thinking it was just like the Racer 2 :BangHead: wondering if anyone out there has a Gold Racer that could help me out? Wondering if you can coin/relic hunt with it and what settings you would use to do so? Everything I've read says that it is not a coin and relic hunting machine it is only good for hunting gold nuggets. I sure hope not, I'll either have to find somewhere near North Texas to look for nuggets or I'll have to sell it. Thank you
Read the owners manual that's my best advice. I have found lots of coins with mine. It's a gold machine with target id and good discrimination just like a coin machine. I live in Texas too but prospect out of state with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions