Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Racer 2 and now have the Impact.

The Impact can do everything the Racer 2 can, and much more. The tones on the Impact are also improved over the Racer 2.

The Impact costs a bit more though. If cost is not an issue, your choice should be the Impact without a doubt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Racer 2 and now have the Impact.

The Impact can do everything the Racer 2 can, and much more. The tones on the Impact are also improved over the Racer 2.

The Impact costs a bit more though. If cost is not an issue, your choice should be the Impact without a doubt.

Hey there. I started out with the Red Racer and this spring I got the Racer 2. I have done quite well with the Racer 2 this season. I have had my eye on the Nokta Impact and perhaps this shall be my holiday gifting to myself this year. I see the Pro Package can be had for $850.00 dollars at a few sights. So now that you have the Impact does the Racer 2 ever get any use? I really do love my Racer 2. She has found me some really nice stuff. I am very impressed with it's sensitivity on finding deep and tiny targets. I would reckon the Impact will do everything the Racer 2 does and more just as you have stated and with better tones. Sounds like I need one!

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I no longer have the Racer 2. In 14kHz and with the same settings, the Impact is deeper, separates better, and sounds better than the Racer 2. It’s also better balanced. The only thing better about the Racer 2 is that it uses less batteries, but I use rechargable batteries so it’s not an issue for me.

Contact a dealer and trade your Racer 2 in and get the Impact Pro package. You’ll find you won’t need to put as much cash out as you thought to get that Impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I no longer have the Racer 2. In 14kHz and with the same settings, the Impact is deeper, separates better, and sounds better than the Racer 2. It’s also better balanced. The only thing better about the Racer 2 is that it uses less batteries, but I use rechargable batteries so it’s not an issue for me.

Contact a dealer and trade your Racer 2 in and get the Impact Pro package. You’ll find you won’t need to put as much cash out as you thought to get that Impact.

I will keep the Racer 2 for backup. I also loan out machines to try to get other friends involved in hunting treasure. Sounds like you are completely sold on the improvements of the Impact over the Racer 2. By "needs more batteries" you mean it eats batteries faster correct? I thought they both used four AA batteries? I also use rechargeable batteries in all my gear. Never run out of juice in the field. Are there any good aftermarket coils available for the Impact? I have the Nel Snake coil for the Racers and I absolutely love that little coil. I also do a lot of field hunting and I primarily use the Racer RC 26 coil for that reason. Having the stock coil with it's open bottom getting snagged on stuff would be a pain in the butt I reckon. Thanks for responding my friend. Hope you get some killer great finds with that Impact

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct on eating batteries faster.
I only have the pro pack coils right now.
I LOVE the Impact so far. Good luck to you too!

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the Racer 2 and the Impact. The Impact is better on small gold. IMHO

Ballarat Bitter

Greenie
Mar 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Impact is very frugal on power-20 hours detecting over 5 days and the batteries were only half flat.I bought the most expensive Energizer rechargeables at the local supermarket and they cost USD20 for 4. My Impact had the 1.13 program installed at the factory.Earlier ones used more power.
In GEN mode I can pick up 0.1 gram bits of steel 4 inches deep on a good signal.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a considerable difference in battery consumption between 5kHz and 20kHz though. 5kHz sucks up the juice.
Run a 2-3 hour test and check it out.

Ballarat Bitter

Greenie
Mar 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 Khz and DEEP use up batteries as this combination is the deepest on the Impact but is only used for larger targets.For small targets use GEN and 20 Khz. I use DEEP and DI3 at 20 K for medium targets.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI for all who read this soon, you may want to consider the price now since the drop in price for the racer 2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions