New Makro/Nokta detector release in 2018?

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iā€™ve read on various websites rumors of a waterproof detector in the works, unclear if it would be a Makro 3/Impact 2/Storm release. (Doubt it would be an Impact 2)

Dilek - can you let us in on whether there is a confirmed new detector release coming in 2018? Might make a difference on whether some of us invest in the Minelab Equinox or wait an extra month or two for a new Makro/Nokta release...

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™ve read on various websites rumors of a waterproof detector in the works, unclear if it would be a Makro 3/Impact 2/Storm release. (Doubt it would be an Impact 2)

Dilek - can you let us in on whether there is a confirmed new detector release coming in 2018? Might make a difference on whether some of us invest in the Minelab Equinox or wait an extra month or two for a new Makro/Nokta release...

Hello. Yes there is a confirmed new waterproof detector coming out under Makro brand in 2018.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait! I wonder if it will be simultaneous multi frequency or more in the AT max/ MX sport direction? Don't worry Dilek - I dont think it would be fair to expect you to give out too much info.
Im not expecting a new pinpointer release as I cant think how you could improve on the current one - Its excellent.

Any competition in the PI dive machines would also be welcome.

Chub

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would like to see a PI machine from them

OP
OP
DeepDigs

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iā€™m really looking forward to this machine [emoji16] hope itā€™s announced soon and released before spring this year, during the start (for most) to the MD season

Dilek gave us a hint during her seasons greetings posting - it will be a waterproof unit for sure. My money is on the Makro Storm, but we will see!

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a tricky market to be in right now with the equinox release...at the same price point as the impact...then to introduce a waterproof unit at what? the same price as the impact? same price as the equinox? Will Nokta announce just before the Equinox release to try and 'reserve' a few potential customers? lets face it, Minelab are quite a formidable competitor.
Anyway, can't wait!

Chub

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its out and Minelab may get some pre orders cancelled. WE live in a world of instant gratification, like it or not that is the way it is these days. People are saying I want what I want and I want it NOW!
I think the timing of this release is perfect, at least for Nokta/Makro. When you throw in the fact that the Kruzer has a deeper submersible depth as well as a higher IP rating I think it will sway more than a few water users.

ā˜  Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a tricky market to be in right now with the equinox release...at the same price point as the impact...then to introduce a waterproof unit at what? the same price as the impact? same price as the equinox? Will Nokta announce just before the Equinox release to try and 'reserve' a few potential customers? lets face it, Minelab are quite a formidable competitor.
Anyway, can't wait!

Chub

Exactly. I don't see these units surviving at the same price point. They are nice, but a little late on the scene. With the Equinox 600 at $649 and offering more, not to mention the 800, these machines would likely only survive at $550 or less. And now what they've done especially with the Multi-Kruzer is push the At series and the MX Sport even further down the scale. I can't even imagine what price point the AT Max and MX Sport would survive at now...$450 maybe? If the Equinox is all it's cracked up to be, and it sure sounds like it is, prices will shuffle across the board as new hierarchies are established in the waterproof and multi market. CTX-3030 - Equinox - Kruzer - MX Sport/AT Max - AT Pro...can't charge the same for them all with such a disparity in ability.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ā˜  Cipher;5677898 said:
Exactly. I don't see these units surviving at the same price point. They are nice, but a little late on the scene. With the Equinox 600 at $649 and offering more, not to mention the 800, these machines would likely only survive at $550 or less. And now what they've done especially with the Multi-Kruzer is push the At series and the MX Sport even further down the scale. I can't even imagine what price point the AT Max and MX Sport would survive at now...$450 maybe? If the Equinox is all it's cracked up to be, and it sure sounds like it is, prices will shuffle across the board as new hierarchies are established in the waterproof and multi market. CTX-3030 - Equinox - Kruzer - MX Sport/AT Max - AT Pro...can't charge the same for them all with such a disparity in ability.

I tried to create some interest in the MD forum here about the kruzer and even bumped it but there was practically no response. I couldn't agree more with the above. Pricepoint is everything.

Chub

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ā˜  Cipher;5677898 said:

They could raise the AT prices and Garrett fanboys would still splurge.

ā˜  Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They could raise the AT prices and Garrett fanboys would still splurge.

I think you're correct. Loyalist have been keeping the companies that are behind afloat and allowing them to get away with bad habits, subpar performance, and the keepers of the faith even guard the portals insisting they have superior machines when someone gives an honest assessment of their limitations. USA companies have some stepping up to do. First step is admitting there's a problem.

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
ā˜  Cipher;5677898 said:

I think you have to understand your target audience.

I do not see the Equinox being better in dense iron then the Multi Kruzer, Nokta/Makro set the bar very high with their world class target separation and ability to work dense iron. I have no doubt that there will be areas where both machines will excel.

At this point the Garrett ATP and ATM have been seriously demoted, but with all the TV programs and Youtube sponsorship that Garrett spends $$$$$ on, it'll be enough to keep them making a tidy profit.

When I was younger I used to think the best (fill in the blank) would always win, but marketing is a powerful thing. In my lifetime I've seen plenty of inferior products outsell superior products due to outstanding branding and marketing strategies, price doesn't always dictate success.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have to understand your target audience.

I do not see the Equinox being better in dense iron then the Multi Kruzer, Nokta/Makro set the bar very high with their world class target separation and ability to work dense iron. I have no doubt that there will be areas where both machines will excel.

At this point the Garrett ATP and ATM have been seriously demoted, but with all the TV programs and Youtube sponsorship that Garrett spends $$$$$ on, it'll be enough to keep them making a tidy profit.

When I was younger I used to think the best (fill in the blank) would always win, but marketing is a powerful thing. In my lifetime I've seen plenty of inferior products outsell superior products due to outstanding branding and marketing strategies, price doesn't always dictate success.

Regarding unmasking and non-ferrous target separation. I think it will be a close call based on the recovery speed that Equinox is bringing to the table, but I did see your Kruzer video and was mighty impressed with the Kruzer performance. Can't get an appreciation for the "sweet" tones you say you were experiencing from the video (it is hard for that nuance to come across in video audio) but the targets spoke for themselves. I am a Deus user, and the separation and unmasking capabilities are like a laser pointer. Very interested in how the Equinox and Kruzer square off in this regard.

Can you elaborate a little more on the unmasking capabilities of the Nokta line, especially the Kruzer (I noticed a note on one of the brochures mentioning fastest recovery in 3 tone mode). Does recovery on the Kruzer vary depending on which tone mode you are in? Also, if you could shed some light on the differences you noticed between the Multi Kruzer and the Impact (aside from the obvious, stem, controls, upper frequency, waterproof - looking more at performance and modes), that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also like to know what the significant differences are between the impact and the kruzer. Is it the rolling tone that makes the iron / unmasking so much better than other machines? Its early days but right now on paper I just cant see the advantage of the impact over the kruzer? or am I missing something?

Chub

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ā˜  Cipher;5677898 said:
Exactly. I don't see these units surviving at the same price point...CTX-3030 - Equinox - Kruzer - MX Sport/AT Max - AT Pro...can't charge the same for them all with such a disparity in ability.

There's always the Tesoro Cortes at $849. I can't image they sell any at that price. It's an awesome $300 detector, but at $849 it is sorely lacking in almost every way by modern standards.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's always the Tesoro Cortes at $849. I can't image they sell any at that price. It's an awesome $300 detector, but at $849 it is sorely lacking in almost every way by modern standards.

Always reminds me of a 70s CB radio. I just want to adjust the squelch...then...."breaker breaker" on the old 10 code...

Chub

Ballarat Bitter

Greenie
Mar 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kruzer recovery rate on multiple targets is lightning fast.It is lighter than the Impact and waterproof although I know my Impact is well balanced and feels light. Impact is also ideal for fitting a 16 inch coil and it wont be too nose heavy.Impact is an ideal VLF machine for gold prospecting at 20 Khz as all the GEN, DEEP and D modes will ground balance at very high mineralisation levels of 80/90% on the min. meter supplied.The equivalent Multi Kruzer has not got the two tone discrimination in the GEN or all metal mode for identifying hot rocks on the goldfields that the Impact has. Kruzer will appeal to a lot of people due to its more simple approach and lightness/waterproofing.

Last edited:

ā˜  Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread