MAKRO MULTI KRUZER FIELD TEST FINDS BIG SPANISH SILVER :D

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Took a field trip to field test the new Makro Multi Kruzer on the Spanish Trail:

I tested the 2-TONE, 3-TONE and 4-TONE search modes exclusively. Out of these three modes, the 4-TONE is hands down the hottest, with 2-TONE and 3-TONE about tied. 4-TONE is extra sparky, and does it LOVE silver!

I mentioned this in another post, but I did previously run into EMI issues on a consistent basis at one of these sites when I had my F75 LTD, and even after upgrading to the F75 LTD2, EMI was pretty noticeable, but tolerable. I was running the extra sparky 4-TONE mode on the Multi Kruzer, and it ran flawlessly, not even a hint of EMI (except when you set the machine down to dig). 3-TONE mode handles EMI better then 4-TONE, but 4-TONE is more powerful and hence, more susceptible to EMI. I had a great time, and I'm amazed at what was found from our "hunted out" sites. The Multi Kruzer in 19kHz 4-TONE mode is a confidence builder in that you do not feel you are not leaving targets behind, unlike I've experienced with some other detectors.

Funny story - The site I dug the seated dime you'll see in the video isn't really a big secret, a couple dozen period coins (British gold coin, reales, seateds, IHP's, etc.) have been recovered at it. It's getting tough, the last time I was there prior to this trip, I didn't get any period coins. It has sea of nail environs, with myriads of shotgun, riffle and small arms shells to weed through. Just a few days before I went on my trip, Tom got a call from one of his detecting acquaintances that he saw the site and asked if he knew anything about it. Ended up that he and another guy detected it with a CTX and a Dues XP and got no coins. I went in and hunted right behind them (I could see their dig holes, as unfortunately they didn't even bother to fill them in) and managed to pull out a nice seated dime. The icing on the cake was that the dime was only a couple of feet from one of their dig holes (:P)

Spanish Trail Multi Kruzer Road Trip Wrap-Up Video:

This is the same site I tested the Makro Racer 2 when it was first publicly released:

HH,
Cal

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice video, thanks. The Spanish silver looks really nice to me. I’ve never found one, so even bent and worn, it’s still sweet.

Congrats sir!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent post on this new machine. I have been waiting for Makro to put out a water machine. Looks like a WINNER!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
''Ended up that he and another guy detected it with a CTX and a Dues XP and got no coins.''

Pretty meaningless statement when comparing machines unless you compare users including their methodologies & their settings at the same time. I'm pretty sure I would get a coin from that site with my Deus.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Too bad you don't take the time to post up a couple of pictures of the finds, just not links to videos. Some don't like to do links, or are able to stream videos because of data charges.

Though this sticks out: "I went in and hunted right behind them (I could see their dig holes, as unfortunately they didn't even bother to fill them in) and managed to pull out a nice seated dime. The icing on the cake was that the dime was only a couple of feet from one of their dig holes (:P)"

I've dug 20-30 holes in a small area-returned a while later and dug coinage and my only gold coin close to another hole that had been dug. So it is a wake up call for coverage from every angle.

But I don't care for holes been left open even in the middle of no where, it shows disrespect-period.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
''Ended up that he and another guy detected it with a CTX and a Dues XP and got no coins.''

Pretty meaningless statement when comparing machines unless you compare users including their methodologies & their settings at the same time. I'm pretty sure I would get a coin from that site with my Deus.

Amen to that

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i wonder how a side by side comparison with the new minelab .....would be ??

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you are happy with your results and the MAKRO. I own and use what I feel are top treasure finders, whether it is silver, gold or relics. You will really have to go head to head with me and my machines to convince me that the MACRO can outperform a DEUS, CTX, Excalibur, or even my Etrac.
A lot has to do with the skill of an operator, and the program that is being used.

OP
OP
Cal_Cobra

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

So by your comment, it was pure luck I guess eh? I disagree, not a meaningless statement at all when I see their dig holes mere feet away from where the coin was dug, and their foot prints in the dirt right where the coin was dug. Yes of course it's always possible they simply didn't swing over that exact spot, at the exact angle I did. The point being made was that the place has been hit hard. My hunt partner and I both have detected it hard many, many times (in the same patch of ground that the coin was dug) as well as others. Sure it would've been nice to compare signals with them, if they were there when I was. AND to be clear, it wasn't a dig to the CTX (friend later told me it was actually an Etrac) or XP Dues, only stating the fact that they'd covered the same ground and did not dig the coin, simple as that.

Would you get that coin, I have no idea (that could be construed as a meaningless statement as well). It's a much different environment then cow pastures and bean fields in the U.K.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cal_Cobra

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Too bad you don't take the time to post up a couple of pictures of the finds, just not links to videos. Some don't like to do links, or are able to stream videos because of data charges.

Though this sticks out: "I went in and hunted right behind them (I could see their dig holes, as unfortunately they didn't even bother to fill them in) and managed to pull out a nice seated dime. The icing on the cake was that the dime was only a couple of feet from one of their dig holes (:P)"

I've dug 20-30 holes in a small area-returned a while later and dug coinage and my only gold coin close to another hole that had been dug. So it is a wake up call for coverage from every angle.

But I don't care for holes been left open even in the middle of no where, it shows disrespect-period.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I did take the time (lots of it) to record and edit the video.

I agree, everyone should cover their holes, you'll notice that I do, as I agree it shows a lack of respect, and it's an opportunity for the hobby to be viewed in a negative manor.

HH,
Cal

OP
OP
Cal_Cobra

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
i wonder how a side by side comparison with the new minelab .....would be ??

IF minelab ever ships the damn thing, I'm planning to do exactly that. That was my original intent when I planned this trip, to do side by side comparisons of the two, but....so far....it's vaporware.

HH,
Cal

OP
OP
Cal_Cobra

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I'm glad you are happy with your results and the MAKRO. I own and use what I feel are top treasure finders, whether it is silver, gold or relics. You will really have to go head to head with me and my machines to convince me that the MACRO can outperform a DEUS, CTX, Excalibur, or even my Etrac.
A lot has to do with the skill of an operator, and the program that is being used.

No I don't have to go head to head with you, you'll have to try it yourself, in your own dirt, at your own sites. And I'm not trying to convince YOU or anyone else of anything, I'm simply showing how the machine operates, and how it's doing in the field. Heck I'd be thrilled to see some videos on the EQ800 like this, oh wait, there aren't any (at least not in English). So your saying your CTX, Excalibur and Etrac are great machines in heavily iron infested sites? Odd, certainly hasn't been my experience, nor that of other operators on the west coast. Dues I cannot speak for, as I don't have one. And of course there's always the element of operator experience and skill, and using the right settings.

HH,
Cal

OP
OP
Cal_Cobra

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Nice video, thanks. The Spanish silver looks really nice to me. I’ve never found one, so even bent and worn, it’s still sweet.

Congrats sir!

Thanks, I was stoked to find it, it's only my second 1700's coin (which was also Spanish silver) I've dug in California, they're not easy to find here at all.

Funny thing was when I showed my buddy where it was dig, he was like "what!! I've pounded that little spot to death, I can't believe it" :laughing7: It was on top of a TINY little hilltop, that we've both beat to death as it gave up some early finds on our first hunts there years ago, so I too was surprised to see that come to life :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for watching and HH,
Cal

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The minute I saw this thread I knew it belonged in a different sub-forum, like metal detectors, because it had more to do with detectors than the actual find. Im not saying it’s your fault, but these type of subjects always blow up.

I’m glad you like your machine and I look forward to your pictures.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Congrats sir!

BS!!! I saw you find a folded real on our hunt!!!

OP
OP
Cal_Cobra

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The minute I saw this thread I knew it belonged in a different sub-forum, like metal detectors, because it had more to do with detectors than the actual find. Im not saying it’s your fault, but these type of subjects always blow up.

I’m glad you like your machine and I look forward to your pictures.

YES, YOU'RE LIKELY RIGHT, BUT I WAS ALSO EXCITED THAT I GOT A SEATED DIME AND A 1700'S 2 REALE (NOT EASY TO DO IN CALIFORNIA!) SO I POSTED IT HERE.

IT WASN'T MEAN TO BE A PISSING MATCH THAT ANY MACHINE IS BETTER THEN ANY OTHER, USE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU, IN YOUR DIRT, AT YOUR SITES....SIMPLE AS THAT.

I HAVE HAD MANY MACHINES AT THESE SITES, SO I KNOW THE SITES VERY WELL, THE DIRT, THE TRASHY AREAS, THE IRON PATCHES, ETC., AND THEY MAKE GREAT SITES TO TEST NEW DETECTORS, AND THIS PARTICULAR DETECTOR HAS IMPRESSED ME. THERE ARE MANY OTHERS I'VE HAD THERE THAT DIDN'T, AND I NO LONGER USE THEM.

OK, we now return to your regular scheduled programming..... :happy1:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the big problem here is i like both of them but leaning tward the...kruzer ....aaaah..eq...i BET THEY ARE PRETTY EVEN UP ..

OP
OP
Cal_Cobra

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Nice job mods :censored:....no idea why this was moved, as it's relevant to TODAYS FINDS, but now there's two posts here of the same thing....:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread