Relic and impact owners please weigh in

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This question is for those who own both.
Incomparable modes how does the impact and it's performance compared to the Nokta fors relic as far as depth in separation.
I understand the impact has many more modes which will give it an edge but as far as the two tone three-tone Beach deep and COG modes how does the impact compare in those same modes or its own version of those modes?
I've always considered my Relic to be my deepest machine for the most part as well as on par with my analog machines at with separation and Recovery and I'm just curious how the impact compares.
My Racer 2 is great as well but doesn't have as much power as my Relic so I'm weighing my options as far as if I need to buy the impact or not.
Again I know it has many other modes but I'm just curious how it works in the same comprable modes.
Thanks all.

Ballarat Bitter

Greenie
Mar 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a I 1/2 inch long bent rusty nail 6 inches down in heavily compacted gravel with the Impact in very highly mineralised soil in DEEP mode.It would equate to 12 inches in low mineralised clay soil. I found a 0.1 gram steel shaving off a pick in low mineralised gravel 4 inches deep.A 1 1/2 inch diameter flattenened silverfoil at 20 inches depth in very highly mineralised red clay.These depths will give you some idea of the capabilities of the Impact and I might stress these were not faint signals but loud signals.

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.
I'm asking more for a head to head from owners of both machines.
It's difficult for other people to even post what one machine or another does in their soil to be able to get a good comparison.
But thank you for the response

Ballarat Bitter

Greenie
Mar 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There,s probably not going to be a lot of people who own both,but at least you have half the story.Then it depends how reliable and experienced the user is to get accurate results. I have used the Impact for 50 hours detecting over 5 months.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread