Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got mine and didn't have long to play with it before we got buried in snow. Again. But for trashy areas I liked the di3 mode. I didn't play with any settings other then the gain. And for. Not so trashy areas I found the deep mode to be a great mode. And hot even in the stock settings.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In really trashy sites I too like Di3 for quiet and fast target separation (Di4 for depth).

My Di3 preferences for coins are:
Frequency 20kHz
Tone breaks at 28 and 64.
Audio tones of 100-350-700.
High gain (>93). If it's noisy try offsetting the frequency. If slight frequency shifts don't quiet it lower the gain.
Disc 0 (I like to hear everything).
Fe Vol 2 (quiets, but doesn't eliminate, the iron so other targets audio stands out better.)

Ballarat Bitter

Greenie
Mar 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone got tone break settings for goldfields for the Impact? I am using it because it is very stable at 90% on the min. meter supplied and that is seriously very high mineralisaed ground. My main culprits are smaller hot rocks 1 to 2 inches diameter, and small bits of silver foil used in chocolate wrapping. I would like to mask these as rusty iron is rare and so are gold nuggets and any coins. Spent 50 hours prospecting and come up dry. Please no Minelab GPX recommendations.
I am using DEEP and DI3 modes for general prospecting and GEN for areas where there is fine shallow gold.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread