Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only have the Kruzer,but I'm guessing the Anfibio has the same chatty characteristics and a bigger coil, more tone settings and lighted keypad, maybe more depth. It also looks more like an Impact, so more Nokta than Makro. Calabash Digger loves his. I'd still be curious how he would compare the Kruzer against the Anfibio though.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr. Witty hit on most of it I think. Anfibio is for sure a chatty detector if turned up to 99. They have it 70 gain as default for a reason. The round 11DD coil on the Anfibio is theoretically deeper than the 11x7 on the Kruzer.

Anfibio adds:

The wider 11DD round coil
5-tone mode
99-tone mode
Cache mode
Notch volume adjust
Tone volume adjust
Selectable ID depth reading (low-med-hi)
Straight shaft instead of S-Rod
Lighted keypad

I'm sure I'm missing a thing or two.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the new features that Makro/Nokta adds to each of their new detectors. Kruzer has EUD-Extra Underground depth, Anfibio has Cache Mode, next unit will probably have Gold Pot at the end of the rainbow mode. Personally, I'm liking my Racer 2 more and more.

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Comparing build quality, my racer feels like a toy compared to my Anfibio it's a pip squeak in comparison. When using the larger coils it balances well with no wobble. I decided that it was worth the extra $$ compared to the kruzer.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Racer 2 definitely has a different feel to it than my Kruzer. I'll bet the Anfibio and Kruzer feel about the same. I'm using the CORS Scout on my Racer 2 to punch down a little further. My Racer 2 is less chatty than my Kruzer. I'm wondering how the Simplex will compare to all of these machines now. I have a buddy getting one as his first detector. So I guess we'll see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread