Let me Tell you about the Simplex
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree24Likes
  • 8 Post By Gare
  • 3 Post By Iffy Signals
  • 3 Post By relicmeister
  • 3 Post By Gare
  • 2 Post By TheGreenBoy
  • 5 Post By Nokta Detectors

Thread: Let me Tell you about the Simplex

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    Presently using Deus's have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
    1942 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Let me Tell you about the Simplex

I went to pound the ground. I went to the Nokta displays and there test garden. I seen many people come there with there machines and try them on Nokta's test gardens. All there test garden targets were fairly easy for most. They did put hALF DOLLAR DOWN TO A measured 15 INCHES. VERY FEW MACHINES COULD FIND IT.I set back and watched all different kinds of machines try to locate the half. The simplex had NO PROBLEM !!! Some Deus's could find it but there signals were not something i would dig. I tried my Deus on the half and could hit it . I had a 11 inch X35 coil using the Deep program and 12 kz ( think it was 12 if not close to it) I watches Ctx 3030 users try to find it with all different size coils. Etracs with different coils. Tons of Equinox users with every kind of program and coils and could NOT HIT IT !!!!. I am not a Nokta owner but when the Simplex is available i will buy a couple !!! Iwas very impressed at how easy to use it , Light weight and water proof down to 10 feet.
    One guy with a Equinox came over boasting about how the half was a trick setup. Claiming no machine could hit it if he couldn't I TRIED TO GET THE GUY TO BET ME that i said it was no TRICK . I was going to bet him what ever he could afford. he almost did but wisdom got the better of him.
    I also was wondering if the Simplex's there were special units but i do not think they were . I met the three people there from Turkey and can say they were all very honest and friendly. I just hope this Syria , Turkey turmoil does not turn into something that will cause trouble with Turkey and The USA !!
    Last edited by Gare; Oct 08, 2019 at 10:49 PM.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    715 times
    Thanks for the feedback. Seems like an awesome machine. I have a pulsedive and it is awesome. They build nice machines.

us
    Jul 2012
    Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
    Fisher f75 Teknetics Omega 8000 (Coming soon) Minelab Equinox 800 Have owned Minela b Safari and X terra 705
    1418 times
    All -- esp.Colonial
    Worst case scenario ( for Nokta Makro) Turkey breaks their agreements and we respond by putting heavy tariffs on all products coming to US from Turkey.
    Might want to get your simplex earlier than you may have planned.
    DizzyDigger, jk1031 and Gare like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    Presently using Deus's have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
    1942 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I am worried about our relationship with Turkey I met three WONDERFUL Turkish people at pound the ground. They wanted to be friends and they now are on facebook. It seems the governments are always the ones to generally cause us problems Wish there was an answer but time has proven it NEVER WILL be completely peaceful on this earth
    Last edited by Gare; Oct 09, 2019 at 10:57 AM.
    DizzyDigger, RustyGold and jk1031 like this.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

us
    Jan 2015
    Upstate NY
    Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
    775 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I tried their test garden with my Makro Kruzer and could not hit most of the coins and relics they buried while in 3 tone mode. When I switched to 4 tone mode those targets came in but very scratchy and I probably wouldn't dig that stuff. I switched out the Kruzer for my Racer 2 in 2 tone and could then hit those targets. I have a Cors Scout on my Racer 2 now and its an absolute beast for hitting deep signals. I didn't have it at PTG, but I guess i can do those tests at home. It may be time to offload my Kruzer.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    252 times
    How is the Simplex housing dissasemblable, once the battery should be replaced?
    jk1031 and Slowtaknow like this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    4236 times
    Metal Detecting
    Great looking machine for the money! Wouldn't hit those targets in park mode I'm sure but for the price point no one should complain! People claim the Equinox is a depth monster and I don't see it. I think it works wonders for seperation at depth vs most machines and this is where the hype comes in IMO. Depth isn't everything although it's great to have in certain areas! The field mode would drive someone nuts at half the trashy parks I hit.

tr
    Jun 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    NOKTA AND MAKRO
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I went to pound the ground. I went to the Nokta displays and there test garden. I seen many people come there with there machines and try them on Nokta's test gardens. All there test garden targets were fairly easy for most. They did put hALF DOLLAR DOWN TO A measured 15 INCHES. VERY FEW MACHINES COULD FIND IT.I set back and watched all different kinds of machines try to locate the half. The simplex had NO PROBLEM !!! Some Deus's could find it but there signals were not something i would dig. I tried my Deus on the half and could hit it . I had a 11 inch X35 coil using the Deep program and 12 kz ( think it was 12 if not close to it) I watches Ctx 3030 users try to find it with all different size coils. Etracs with different coils. Tons of Equinox users with every kind of program and coils and could NOT HIT IT !!!!. I am not a Nokta owner but when the Simplex is available i will buy a couple !!! Iwas very impressed at how easy to use it , Light weight and water proof down to 10 feet.
    One guy with a Equinox came over boasting about how the half was a trick setup. Claiming no machine could hit it if he couldn't I TRIED TO GET THE GUY TO BET ME that i said it was no TRICK . I was going to bet him what ever he could afford. he almost did but wisdom got the better of him.
    I also was wondering if the Simplex's there were special units but i do not think they were . I met the three people there from Turkey and can say they were all very honest and friendly. I just hope this Syria , Turkey turmoil does not turn into something that will cause trouble with Turkey and The USA !!
    Hello Gary... thank you so much for these kind words. Really appreciated and we are glad you liked the Simplex!

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, stock coil, 15" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, Simplex, Vanquish 540. sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot, Simplex. Author of "The
    1068 times
    Relic Hunting
    only way to use the Equinox 800 in very trashy parks is with the 6" coil, and a higher recovery speed and better earphones than those that come in with the 800.

us
    Jan 2014
    Missouri
    1265-X, 1235-X, Garrett Groundhog Tesoro Compadre
    11 times
    I would like to know too and if you can carry a spare battery for a long day in the field.
    Last edited by weldor; Nov 11, 2019 at 08:41 AM.

de
    Apr 2016
    Makro Multi Kruzer / Fisher F11 with Nel Tornado coil
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Witty View Post
    I tried their test garden with my Makro Kruzer and could not hit most of the coins and relics they buried while in 3 tone mode. When I switched to 4 tone mode those targets came in but very scratchy and I probably wouldn't dig that stuff. I switched out the Kruzer for my Racer 2 in 2 tone and could then hit those targets. I have a Cors Scout on my Racer 2 now and its an absolute beast for hitting deep signals. I didn't have it at PTG, but I guess i can do those tests at home. It may be time to offload my Kruzer.
    Try the 28AF coil on the Kruzer or a bigger one and you will be surprised by its depth, even on 3 tone.

us
    Lord ringpull

Oct 2015
    Kannapolis nc
    Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250.
    374 times
    Service center only, but in a pinch you can connect a battery pack to it while using the speaker from what i hear.

Sponsored Links