Let me Tell you about the Simplex

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to pound the ground. I went to the Nokta displays and there test garden. I seen many people come there with there machines and try them on Nokta's test gardens. All there test garden targets were fairly easy for most. They did put hALF DOLLAR DOWN TO A measured 15 INCHES. VERY FEW MACHINES COULD FIND IT.I set back and watched all different kinds of machines try to locate the half. The simplex had NO PROBLEM !!! Some Deus's could find it but there signals were not something i would dig. I tried my Deus on the half and could hit it . I had a 11 inch X35 coil using the Deep program and 12 kz ( think it was 12 if not close to it) I watches Ctx 3030 users try to find it with all different size coils. Etracs with different coils. Tons of Equinox users with every kind of program and coils and could NOT HIT IT !!!!. I am not a Nokta owner but when the Simplex is available i will buy a couple !!! Iwas very impressed at how easy to use it , Light weight and water proof down to 10 feet.
One guy with a Equinox came over boasting about how the half was a trick setup. Claiming no machine could hit it if he couldn't I TRIED TO GET THE GUY TO BET ME that i said it was no TRICK . I was going to bet him what ever he could afford. he almost did but wisdom got the better of him.
I also was wondering if the Simplex's there were special units but i do not think they were . I met the three people there from Turkey and can say they were all very honest and friendly. I just hope this Syria , Turkey turmoil does not turn into something that will cause trouble with Turkey and The USA !!

Last edited:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback. Seems like an awesome machine. I have a pulsedive and it is awesome. They build nice machines.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Worst case scenario ( for Nokta Makro) Turkey breaks their agreements and we respond by putting heavy tariffs on all products coming to US from Turkey.
Might want to get your simplex earlier than you may have planned.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am worried about our relationship with Turkey I met three WONDERFUL Turkish people at pound the ground. They wanted to be friends and they now are on facebook. It seems the governments are always the ones to generally cause us problems :( Wish there was an answer but time has proven it NEVER WILL be completely peaceful on this earth

Last edited:

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried their test garden with my Makro Kruzer and could not hit most of the coins and relics they buried while in 3 tone mode. When I switched to 4 tone mode those targets came in but very scratchy and I probably wouldn't dig that stuff. I switched out the Kruzer for my Racer 2 in 2 tone and could then hit those targets. I have a Cors Scout on my Racer 2 now and its an absolute beast for hitting deep signals. I didn't have it at PTG, but I guess i can do those tests at home. It may be time to offload my Kruzer.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is the Simplex housing dissasemblable, once the battery should be replaced?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great looking machine for the money! Wouldn't hit those targets in park mode I'm sure but for the price point no one should complain! People claim the Equinox is a depth monster and I don't see it. I think it works wonders for seperation at depth vs most machines and this is where the hype comes in IMO. Depth isn't everything although it's great to have in certain areas! The field mode would drive someone nuts at half the trashy parks I hit.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to pound the ground. I went to the Nokta displays and there test garden. I seen many people come there with there machines and try them on Nokta's test gardens. All there test garden targets were fairly easy for most. They did put hALF DOLLAR DOWN TO A measured 15 INCHES. VERY FEW MACHINES COULD FIND IT.I set back and watched all different kinds of machines try to locate the half. The simplex had NO PROBLEM !!! Some Deus's could find it but there signals were not something i would dig. I tried my Deus on the half and could hit it . I had a 11 inch X35 coil using the Deep program and 12 kz ( think it was 12 if not close to it) I watches Ctx 3030 users try to find it with all different size coils. Etracs with different coils. Tons of Equinox users with every kind of program and coils and could NOT HIT IT !!!!. I am not a Nokta owner but when the Simplex is available i will buy a couple !!! Iwas very impressed at how easy to use it , Light weight and water proof down to 10 feet.
One guy with a Equinox came over boasting about how the half was a trick setup. Claiming no machine could hit it if he couldn't I TRIED TO GET THE GUY TO BET ME that i said it was no TRICK . I was going to bet him what ever he could afford. he almost did but wisdom got the better of him.
I also was wondering if the Simplex's there were special units but i do not think they were . I met the three people there from Turkey and can say they were all very honest and friendly. I just hope this Syria , Turkey turmoil does not turn into something that will cause trouble with Turkey and The USA !!

Hello Gary... thank you so much for these kind words. Really appreciated and we are glad you liked the Simplex!

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
only way to use the Equinox 800 in very trashy parks is with the 6" coil, and a higher recovery speed and better earphones than those that come in with the 800.

weldor

Greenie
Jan 13, 2014
Missouri
Detector(s) used
1265-X, 1235-X, Garrett Groundhog Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know too and if you can carry a spare battery for a long day in the field.

Last edited:

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried their test garden with my Makro Kruzer and could not hit most of the coins and relics they buried while in 3 tone mode. When I switched to 4 tone mode those targets came in but very scratchy and I probably wouldn't dig that stuff. I switched out the Kruzer for my Racer 2 in 2 tone and could then hit those targets. I have a Cors Scout on my Racer 2 now and its an absolute beast for hitting deep signals. I didn't have it at PTG, but I guess i can do those tests at home. It may be time to offload my Kruzer.

Try the 28AF coil on the Kruzer or a bigger one and you will be surprised by its depth, even on 3 tone. ;)

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Service center only, but in a pinch you can connect a battery pack to it while using the speaker from what i hear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions