Nokta Marko TMD-101

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Detector I viewed under Police/Security on the KellyCo website, it kind of has my interest for now at least. Sometime this month I may work a little with some County Sheriff's Dept. deputies in regards to Detectors. They have a couple of older Whites, and a friend of mine, (a retired LA cop) volunteers with them for patrol on waterways. It did come up that in trying to look for "evidence", using the detectors, they suck at it. (There words, not mine) they were told of me, and they would welcome me it seems to give a type of class?, to help them out to better understand etc. Now they are looking to upgrade, and I put together a small list for user friendly and waterproof detectors. (I figured waterproof JUST in case) came up with a Minelab 600 for $650, Nokta Marko Simplex (Mabey) for $339 Garrett AT Pro for $552 and then found the Nokta brand TMD-101 for $594. Listed for crime scene detecting pretty much, waterproff to 16 ft. two tone, for ferrous and non-ferrous in motion, etc. etc. 7 different coil options, plug in re-charge like the EQ 600, with an optional battery pack if needed. Won't go on but, could only find one video of it, in a language I do not understand, So, ANY of you Nokta Makro fella's ever use one? Know anything about the TMD-101? Just asking, something to think about. SP

Last edited:

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a simplified version of the Makro Anfibio - I don't think coin shooters would be attracted to this model for the $. I would recommend they try out the Simplex for the money you can't go wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread