First Hunt with the Simplex today
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By Gare
  • 1 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 3 Post By HighVDI
  • 4 Post By dave_e
  • 1 Post By RustyGold
  • 1 Post By NWMP

Thread: First Hunt with the Simplex today

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    1170 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

First Hunt with the Simplex today

Just got it and charged everything . Detector and head phones. First signal was a 94 I dug and dug and dug. I was down about 16 to 18 inches and found a horse shoe. I did not dig it out completely but did snap a couple of pictures showing the depth with Phirana and a garrett pinpointer. I am not sure i am going to keep it,. I am to old to dig this deep LOL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1599.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	1773216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1600.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	1773217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1601.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	1773218

I was only out 1/2 hour before dark. I am going to have to learn this machine. It should not be that difficult. It should be a fantastic relic machine What do you all think
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31006 times
    It didnt tell you it was iron. Horse shoe is big target.
    smokeythecat likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    1170 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    It was my first time out with it. I hit it the first 10 feet. I was sure it was silver. I hope to get better tomorrow !!!
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    27205 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    At the price, it's essentially a beginner's machine and I would not expect the discrimination you would get on higher end machines.

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    4114 times
    Metal Detecting
    Awesome value for the price point. Not like it's never happened before......someone getting fooled by deep/big iron. I figure at 12khz the Simplex should be a good relic machine for sure. I keep seeing people getting loads of depth in field mode and more seperation in park. Makes sense.

I'm just tired of the Simplex vs more expensive units youtube videos. Super deep in a 2 tone mode is good for a very small percentage of sites for most detectorists.
    Rad1sh, RustyGold and Slowtaknow like this.

us
    Historian of the land

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX still going strong after 20 years
    370 times
    You have great points, I think we have to many loyal brand owners that tend to the obvious, new companies come along if we can’t give them an unbiased opinion after field test not air test then what’s the point, u said much there ain’t a perfect machine everyone has and will continue to get fooled, so I wish we can separate the nonsense talk, why it’s not productive in our hobby that is in trouble trying to survive due to states or government trying to dictate. So in ending let’s just give honest opinion or none, everyone will buy what they want keep in mind everyone doesn’t have a 1000.00 dollars to spend, this machine price alone gets the job done, thankyou

Aug 2015
    Nokta Impact, Nokta Makro Simplex +, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Ace 350
    93 times
    I'll bet once you get good at pinpointing with it, and cross-checking targets in all metal mode, you'll see it shine.

Also, if you get a silver signal, and the depth meter says 4-5 inches, once you dig down to about 8 inches and it's even deeper yet, you may want to think deep iron.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Some where out there
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus / ORX / Simplex+
    8230 times
    Gary,
    Teach your horses to sniff gold. I’ll bet they will make short order of finding the gold.
    Gare likes this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

ca
    Nov 2009
    Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
    Tejon, AT Pro
    359 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    Awesome value for the price point. Not like it's never happened before......someone getting fooled by deep/big iron. I figure at 12khz the Simplex should be a good relic machine for sure. I keep seeing people getting loads of depth in field mode and more seperation in park. Makes sense.

I'm just tired of the Simplex vs more expensive units youtube videos. Super deep in a 2 tone mode is good for a very small percentage of sites for most detectorists.
    Fair points. I saw the machine through my own lens of being a back up water machine, and being dragged out to remote fur trade sites, where depth (and the fairly wide coil coverage) is a definite factor. In a relatively clean field with mild soil. Considering it's capability/cost ratio, it's a winner for my uses. I might take my Tejon up with the Simplex to a good old fur trade location and do some side by side swings over deep soft signals. Bit of a pain in the arse to go through all that, we'll see. I already know what the Tejon has done up there when tweaked to the max. The Simplex has the decent balance or comfortable weigh of the Tejon, and doesn't have the head heavy (but you get used to it) feel of my AT Pro. The Simplex should be a fun tool for a remote site with mild soil and relatively little modern crapulance.

Sponsored Links