Just bought the Simplex+ need tips on this type of detector.

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swing it over the ground will help.

Just kidding There are already great videos online about what a good machine this is at an entry level price point. I would start by making a vdi list of the common items clad & whatever small and medium sized rings you may have access to. Then dig everything and keep adding to your list. Do some in-house testing with pull tabs and nickels and get an idea of how it performs and make note of it when you go out. HH & good luck

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just do the basics, read the manual, look at the videos out there and dig everything for awhile to see where it goes on the vdi. I do not rely on my vdi on the dig or not to dig question.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to update it also There is a new update out since it was released

gravityboy

Jul 18, 2018
Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900Di
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Fors CoRe
Makro Racer 2
Nokta Simplex+
XP Deus
Minelab NOX 600
Minelab GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine came today and already had the .68 update...that was a good surprise.

I hate to call this a point-n-shoot machine but there really isn't much you can do other than swing it over the ground as others have said! The trick will be to learn over time what the sounds and numbers are. This machine will produce totally different sounds than the 'boing' that the Ace makes so you'll learn fast what is deep, large, junk, etc. The manual (you can already download) does a pretty good job of explaining things for first timers but honestly I just turned it on and swung around tonight just to see/hear it and so far I like what I bought.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are a few very good You Tube videos on the Simplex. :occasion14:

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Keep in mind a pull tab number ain't always a pull tab..

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Child play areas with sand or wood chips is an easy way to see what modern coins, and sometimes rings, sound and number at. I got my Simplex. popped it together, and went to a half frozen sand tot lot. I hit a few coins and a large mens Tungsten wrist chain. Then I put the machine in the closet for the winter. No whoop de do but this told me that this is just another machine to learn. The reason I say play areas (in front, under, and behind swings are good clad drop spots) is the commonality of coins in these places, and it is super easy to make recoveries in sand or chips. The more repetition, the more the sounds, (or numbers if you even bother), become intuitive. Another option to cut the learning curve is to take a silver dime, quarter, various clad denominations etc., and drop them on a "clean" piece of ground and see what they sound or read as. There is often a bit of number jumping due to the mixture of metals in some modern coins, but you get a general consensus of the coin numbers. If all of this is old hat to you please forgive. I don't know your experience level. Best of luck to you buddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread