New to group /hunting- thinking about Simplex - wireless headphones?

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I can see your point, particularly as there is also the display to give extra info on the find. However, I'm used to hearing tones and sound nuances, clean/scruff sounds, strong/weak depth etc. It seems that there are different ways to hunt with this machine than I am used to though. I feel that the technology is less intimidating for me by detecting in the same general manner as my other machines. And I want as much info from a potential target as possible. I went with the Nokta water phones, which stay on in or out of water. The only thing I have to hassle with is charging the machine itself now.
If I get one, and I probably will, this will be my 9th machine, although I don't own that many now, and my first water detector. You can't beat the price point with the features it has. I think I will just go with the wireless headphones and use the vibrating feature when submerged in water without any headphones. And, if this doesn't satisfy me, I can always get the wp headphones later.

Thanks for all the info.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I get one, and I probably will, this will be my 9th machine, although I don't own that many now, and my first water detector. You can't beat the price point with the features it has. I think I will just go with the wireless headphones and use the vibrating feature when submerged in water without any headphones. And, if this doesn't satisfy me, I can always get the wp headphones later.

Thanks for all the info.

Probably just comes down to individual wants/needs? I can definitely see the benefits of wireless. I wear glasses and I've muttered a naughty word more than once, when my headphone cord yanked the phones and my glasses in brushy spots. Now I just take the phones off the machine. My deciding factors where: Using machine in water, in city parks, occasionally in worked farm fields. And the machines setup/technology is slightly foreign, or atleast different, and maybe 15% intimidating to me. I fired it up once just prior to major freeze up around here, and it looks pretty basic, just different. Years back I had a terrible time going from a Garrett ACE 250 straight to a Tesoro Tejon. That was tough for me. But the Simplex should be a fairly quick learn.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread