New to group /hunting- thinking about Simplex - wireless headphones? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: New to group /hunting- thinking about Simplex - wireless headphones?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Nov 2009
    Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
    Tesoro Tejon, AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
    383 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    I got the Nox 800 while wireless is less intrusive the grey ghost phones are sooooo much clearer especially on silver well worth it to me
    I was a little disappointed that Grey Ghosts weren't available for the Simplex, but when emailed, D.P. said that they are considering it. My guess is that they are waiting to see sales numbers of this particular machine, to see if numbers justify. Fair enough. I was willing to pay more to get a superior set of water phones.
    SanMan and A2coins like this.

Nov 2012
    329 times
    Does the simplex have a vibrate feature? Would this be enough if you hunted with it engaged in water, and not need headphones at all? I'm thinking of buying one, and want the wireless headphones, and I dont want to have to buy the water phones if at all possible.
    Megalodon likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7328 times
    Yes it has a vibrate mode.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500,Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    6039 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Once you have been wireless you never want to go back!

ca
    Nov 2009
    Tesoro Tejon, AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
    383 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marjam View Post
    Does the simplex have a vibrate feature? Would this be enough if you hunted with it engaged in water, and not need headphones at all? I'm thinking of buying one, and want the wireless headphones, and I dont want to have to buy the water phones if at all possible.
    I can see your point, particularly as there is also the display to give extra info on the find. However, I'm used to hearing tones and sound nuances, clean/scruff sounds, strong/weak depth etc. It seems that there are different ways to hunt with this machine than I am used to though. I feel that the technology is less intimidating for me by detecting in the same general manner as my other machines. And I want as much info from a potential target as possible. I went with the Nokta water phones, which stay on in or out of water. The only thing I have to hassle with is charging the machine itself now.

Nov 2012
    329 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NWMP View Post
    I can see your point, particularly as there is also the display to give extra info on the find. However, I'm used to hearing tones and sound nuances, clean/scruff sounds, strong/weak depth etc. It seems that there are different ways to hunt with this machine than I am used to though. I feel that the technology is less intimidating for me by detecting in the same general manner as my other machines. And I want as much info from a potential target as possible. I went with the Nokta water phones, which stay on in or out of water. The only thing I have to hassle with is charging the machine itself now.
    If I get one, and I probably will, this will be my 9th machine, although I don't own that many now, and my first water detector. You can't beat the price point with the features it has. I think I will just go with the wireless headphones and use the vibrating feature when submerged in water without any headphones. And, if this doesn't satisfy me, I can always get the wp headphones later.

Thanks for all the info.

ca
    Nov 2009
    383 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marjam View Post
    If I get one, and I probably will, this will be my 9th machine, although I don't own that many now, and my first water detector. You can't beat the price point with the features it has. I think I will just go with the wireless headphones and use the vibrating feature when submerged in water without any headphones. And, if this doesn't satisfy me, I can always get the wp headphones later.

Thanks for all the info.
    Probably just comes down to individual wants/needs? I can definitely see the benefits of wireless. I wear glasses and I've muttered a naughty word more than once, when my headphone cord yanked the phones and my glasses in brushy spots. Now I just take the phones off the machine. My deciding factors where: Using machine in water, in city parks, occasionally in worked farm fields. And the machines setup/technology is slightly foreign, or atleast different, and maybe 15% intimidating to me. I fired it up once just prior to major freeze up around here, and it looks pretty basic, just different. Years back I had a terrible time going from a Garrett ACE 250 straight to a Tesoro Tejon. That was tough for me. But the Simplex should be a fairly quick learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links