New to group /hunting- thinking about Simplex - wireless headphones?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New to group /hunting- thinking about Simplex - wireless headphones?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2019
    Chicago, IL
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

New to group /hunting- thinking about Simplex - wireless headphones?

Hello group
    I'm new to the group and to hunting and I'm thinking about getting a Simplex. But I'm wondering about people's thoughts about if it's worth spending another $85 for the wireless headphones over just using the adapter for a wired set.

Thanks to all.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    6984 times
    Yes it's worth it. Having the headphone cord out of the picture during target retrieval is a godsend.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3179 times
    I've been using wired headphones for 35 years. I was at the beach today with a new cheap pair and the cord was too short, causing the muff on one side to slip and move my eyeglasses in the process. Ridiculous. My next detector will definitely use wireLESS headphones.

us
    Sep 2019
    Olympia, Washington
    White Coinmaster ( Burghandy) Garret Ace 250
    48 times
    I regret not getting the wireless headphones! Now I need to spend 109 bucks to get them!
    A2coins and Slowtaknow like this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Corsicana, Texas
    Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
    297 times
    Metal Detecting
    Just received my Simplex last week. Wireless headphones is the only way to go. Definitely worth the extra cost...
    A handful of friends is better than a wagonful of gold.

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    1170 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If your going to water hunt get t he WIRED water proof ones
    SanMan, NWMP and A2coins like this.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

ca
    Nov 2009
    Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
    Tejon, AT Pro
    359 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsica View Post
    Hello group
    I'm new to the group and to hunting and I'm thinking about getting a Simplex. But I'm wondering about people's thoughts about if it's worth spending another $85 for the wireless headphones over just using the adapter for a wired set.

Thanks to all.
    I'm debating myself buddy. Go wireless with the Simplex or get the Nokta water phones. I love the simple reliability of dropping in batteries and plugging in headphones (and the cord does not bother me). What turns me off is having several pieces requiring recharges and their inherent long term reliability. I'm exploring the leap of trust to newer, or at least different technology, and I have much to learn it seems.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
    6641 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Will any Bluetooth Headphones work with the Simplex?

tabman
    CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, Minelab e-trac, Fisher CZ-5 & CZ3D, Minelab Equinox, Whites MXT All Pro, Tesoro Eldorado

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    6984 times
    No, it uses a proprietary wireless protocol, unfortunately.
    tabman and Slowtaknow like this.

us
    Jan 2015
    Upstate NY
    Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
    764 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I've had the wireless headphones on my Makro Racer 2 for over 3 years now and the only issue I've had with them is that the blue light no longer illuminates, but that's OK with me because they pair up without it. Get the green wireless headphones with the Simplex. At that price point it would be nonsense not to, that way you'll be able to pair it with the pulse dive pinpointer and avoid the interference issues that the Garrett pinpointer has.
    Slowtaknow likes this.

us
    Dec 2019
    Northern Virginia
    Whites 6000D Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter 202, Nokta Simplex+ WHP
    61 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hear me now, ... believe me later, ... Go for it, you will not be sorry

ca
    Nov 2009
    Tejon, AT Pro
    359 times
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but............. I believe that the wireless phones are only good in the water when submerging coil and shaft. If you go deeper and submerge the detector control box the signal cuts out to the wireless phones. And, they aren't water proof. If they fall in the drink they are shot. I think that I'm going with the Nokta water phones although I see a thin unsupported wire at the control box connection, and I've seen references to low or weakish volume.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    6984 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NWMP View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but............. I believe that the wireless phones are only good in the water when submerging coil and shaft. If you go deeper and submerge the detector control box the signal cuts out to the wireless phones. And, they aren't water proof. If they fall in the drink they are shot. I think that I'm going with the Nokta water phones although I see a thin unsupported wire at the control box connection, and I've seen references to low or weakish volume.
    Thatís right. Wireless headphones are not suitable for submerged detector use (radio signal does not penetrate the water) and would also likely be ruined if they were submerged or fell into the water.

ca
    Nov 2009
    Tejon, AT Pro
    359 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Thatís right. Wireless headphones are not suitable for submerged detector use (radio signal does not penetrate the water) and would also likely be ruined if they were submerged or fell into the water.
    Thanks. I ordered the Nokta water phones. As I said, the cord never bothered me. Simpler set up this way. One pair of multi use phones that will stay with the machine. I fully understand the benefits of going wireless, and all power to those that go that route. I just want less gizmos to recharge. And if they go ker-plop into the water, no worries. Apples or oranges, all good.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    34497 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I got the Nox 800 while wireless is less intrusive the grey ghost phones are sooooo much clearer especially on silver well worth it to me
    NWMP likes this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links