Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
So Treasure Hunter gave me the idea I should check for leaks in the LCD and so 2 hours underwater at as many angles as I could. Shaking & sloshing the controller module and I’m happy to report no leaks.
I realize it’s not a brutal test in the surf but it’s good enough testing for leaks.

FB21CCA3-9913-472D-9C8D-BA024DE22DBD.jpeg

6256424F-4BCE-40C1-9A83-C944619E99D4.jpeg

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NIce one.
I gave my nox 600 a 15 minute bath today, with phones cover open, no issues.... I was sort of convinced it would go wonky..but it is fine... Damn it

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you been out with it yet?

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Treasure Hunter gave me the idea I should check for leaks in the LCD and so 2 hours underwater at as many angles as I could. Shaking & sloshing the controller module and I’m happy to report no leaks.
I realize it’s not a brutal test in the surf but it’s good enough testing for leaks.

That's encouraging, but submerged 10 feet would be a truer test.

Bathtubs, buckets, and basins,..... don't equal a swimming pool.

But again, if a user isn't going to snorkel or dive with a unit, the fact that it can take
being submerged and there is no breach of the seals,.... you're good to go.

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
NIce one.
I gave my nox 600 a 15 minute bath today, with phones cover open, no issues.... I was sort of convinced it would go wonky..but it is fine... Damn it

Lol! Glad there were no leaks! AD you just need to give that 600 a little more time and it will click. Good luck!

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! Glad there were no leaks! AD you just need to give that 600 a little more time and it will click. Good luck!

Yeah,, it's gonna take time, i know that.
I don't hate it, not at all, i just expected more.... more accuracy ; a little more depth, you know the things that make you want a new machine..
Anyways, nox it is for next year or two... no more whining, just gonna dig everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread