Christmas gift to myself - Simplex - First DAY out was Amazing with clad coins found

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Received my Nokta Makro Simplex+ with wireless headphones 2 days before Christmas - And my first full day (about 4+ hours) on two different previously heavily hunted sites, one a park & the other a High School. Picture below - found 19 quarters, 16 dimes, 1 nickel & 19 pennies - a total of 55 coins all clad with a face value of $6.59. Several quarters very deep and/or masked with close junk/nails etc. - No silver, yet but I can "smell" them in my future with the depth the Simplex is getting - I am very impressed with the "ease & start-up & go" of this new "toy" - Will keep everyone posted on this forum with my future finds - I Love the wireless headphones & waterproof down to 10 feet - THANKS.

P1010155.jpg

BILL
North Florida Panhandle

Last edited:

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with it, it in my opinion should be sold for more, or others need to be sold for less.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin shooting:icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

This will be my next machine to keep in the car, you never when you need a machine! :tongue3:

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the comments - AS promised I said I would give updates on the Simplex - So went back TODAY to the same Florida park as the 1st day with it that has been heavily hunted over the years - And found another $6.21 and my FIRST SILVER with it a 1951-D Roosevelt Dime. Also found a 1939 wheat cent. Found 15-quarters, 23-dimes & 16 cents for a total of 54 coins in a little over 4 hours. HAPPY NEW YEAR:icon_thumright: - Good Luck & Happy Hunting in 2020.
P1010156.jpg

BILL

Last edited:
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a 1/25/2020 follow-up:

[h=2]Found 52 Quarters in 4 1/2 hours at a SW Georgia HS with the SIMPLEX+[/h]
Nice 60 degree day yesterday at a SW Georgia High School that I have hunted numerous times in the last several years. But this day was different - I was hunting around the "practice field", next to the huge football stadium that is always locked, and was hunting along the oval blacktop that has the old "field & track" where locals come out on the weekends to get their exercise and an older man walking on the track saw me detecting with my SIMPLEX+. He asked the usual "are you getting rich?" I said "no - but I believe I just found a quarter", because it was reading a 91 VDI - He watched as I popped out the quarter with a "screwdriver" that I use, and was curious how I knew it would be a quarter - I explained the VDI thing - and then he said I should hunt under the bleachers in the football stadium and the large grass area around the concession stand - I said I would like to but it is always locked. He said "I have the keys to all of the gates" - but did say they were currently unlocked and said that over the last 50 years no one has ever hunted under the bleachers with a metal detector that he knew of - and that I was welcome to search any of that area. I found a few coins under the bleachers but the vast majority was found in the grass areas around the concession stand, as you might expect. Thanks for looking.

The result was $14.13 all clad that included 52-quarters, 10-dimes, 1-nickel & 8-pennies for a total of 71 coins - I got LUCKY & it was a GREAT DAY. Good Luck & HH to all.

BILL
Northern FLORIDA Panhandle​

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the posts sir. Just curious where the silver dime came in on display, low 80's ?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job your a pro already the silver will come I like putting all my clad in mason jars makes it more fun to watch em fill up. Keep the finds coming. Good luck. Tommy

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for the posts sir. Just curious where the silver dime came in on display, low 80's ?

Thanks for asking - the VDI on the Rosie was around 81 but can be between 79 to 81. And the 95% copper memorials read about 77-78, whereas the newer zinc Lincolns read around 67.......BILL

Last edited:

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for asking - the VDI on the Rosie was around 81 but can be between 79 to 81. And the 97% copper memorials read about 77-78, whereas the newer zinc Lincolns read around 67.......BILL

Ya I'm really curious about the numbers. And they appear to be very close to my ATP, in my location, that old instincts will kick in. Thanks.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread